FAA fines Victoria Osteen $3000

musicman

Wow...

Sharon Brown, who is asking for 10 percent of Osteen's net worth because of the Dec. 19, 2005 dispute while the plane was boarding in Houston, will testify that Osteen grabbed her by the shoulders, pushed her into a restroom door and elbowed her in the chest, her attorney said.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metrop...an/5930118.html

looks like it's getting exciting. another flight attendant appeared to corroborate the accuser's allegation. she then added mrs osteen would only speak with me cause i was the only white flight attendant.

Edited by musicman

Oh my ... this has reared its ugly head again

Flight Attendant Testifies Osteen Assaulted Coworker

http://www.click2houston.com/news/17121931/detail.html

Make sure to watch the video on the site. It is complete with demonstrations of pushing and shoving and emotional distress (still) suffered by the flight attendant over this.

McKamie also brought up a remark Osteen made in a sermon that, "Without me, Victoria would be in prison."

Osteen's attorney had him clarify that the remark was hyperbole about his wife's penchant to try new things: "Without Victoria, I'm boring. Without me, Victoria would be in prison."

Reeeeaalllly? :o

The imagination runs wild.

You know, I don't really care for the whole Lakewood/Osteen/Prosperity Gospel Church of What's Happening Now thing, but this entire trial is nothing but an attempt by this flight attendant to embarrass those two and try and get some money out of it. I actually do have a bit of sympathy for the Osteens that they're having to deal with it.

Nothing in today's update in the Chron leads me to think anything about this complaint is sincere. She's out to make them look bad, pure and simple.

You know, I don't really care for the whole Lakewood/Osteen/Prosperity Gospel Church of What's Happening Now thing, but this entire trial is nothing but an attempt by this flight attendant to embarrass those two and try and get some money out of it. I actually do have a bit of sympathy for the Osteens that they're having to deal with it.

Nothing in today's update in the Chron leads me to think anything about this complaint is sincere. She's out to make them look bad, pure and simple.

I would file this under the heading of "Ain't kharma a delicate flower?"

I don’t know all that much about this case, but I’m sure not gonna let that stop me from commenting!

I know I have lost my cool a time or two in a restaurant when I got bad service, or if the food was way below par. And I always had the choice to leave without paying if the situation was not resolved.

If I had prepaid for first-class seats on a flight, I am sure I would raise hell if someone did not clean up a spilled drink in my seat to my satisfaction. At least I would have in the old days.

With all the heightened security on airlines today, you can’t let your emotions get away from you. What Osteen did may have been justified, but it wasn’t legal strictly due to the confrontation taking place on a plane.

However, if you are going to make exceptions for airlines, then you’d better make sure airline employees are well trained to handle and defuse troublesome situations. From what I’ve read, Brown did no such thing. I get the feeling she “copped a ‘tude” toward Osteen, and that just exacerbated the situation.

I read last week that Brown had previously had a confrontation with another airline employee, which may or may not reflect her disposition. But incidents like those should be scrutinized before allowing a person to work with airline passengers for the very reasons this case occurred.

I don’t know much at all about Lakewood. I remember watching John on TV a number of times. I thought he was a dullard with all the personality of a wet dishrag. But obviously he did and said something right, because he really knew how to draw a crowd, and a congregation.

And I never saw him saw any hocus pocus acts like many televangelists use. Nor have I seen that from Joel. I am, as a rule, turned off by megachurches, but I have never had a single negative thought toward Lakewood or the Osteens. And I am not about to dis them just because of their success, and I don’t understand why so many people do, other than envy or jealousy, of course.

Finally, I am sad to see the Race Card being played in this case. That’s such a cheap trick to use, especially when there is no evidence race was a factor. I agree Brown is a gold digger. It’s just too bad we don’t have a system that applies a penalty to those seeking, and losing frivolous lawsuits. That would put an end to crap like this case.

Edited by Heights2Bastrop

Totally agree. I'm sure Victoria is a major beatch but this whole incident is way over blown.

Jurors have rejected a Continental Airlines flight attendant's lawsuit accusing Lakewood Church co-pastor Victoria Osteen of assault.

full article

"Thank you, Jesus!"

I would be so unfulfilled if she hadn't said that, and if the Chron hadn't worked it into the head.

It wasn't reported, so I'll assume a booming voice did not come over the PA and reply "No, thank you, Vickie"

• The title was changed to FAA fines Victoria Osteen $3000