FAA fines Victoria Osteen $3000

musicman

The Federal Aviation Administration has fined Victoria Osteen, wife of Lakewood pastor Joel Osteen, $3,000 after determining she had interfered with a Continental Airlines crew member aboard a flight late last year.

Osteen has paid the penalty, which is not an admission of guilt.

On the civil matter, Rusty Hardin, Osteen's attorney, called the lawsuit a "ridiculous" attempt to seek money from Osteen, whose husband is a best-selling author as well as the pastor of the largest church in Houston.

Osteen article

The Federal Aviation Administration has fined Victoria Osteen, wife of Lakewood pastor Joel Osteen, $3,000 after determining she had interfered with a Continental Airlines crew member aboard a flight late last year.

Osteen has paid the penalty, which is not an admission of guilt.

On the civil matter, Rusty Hardin, Osteen's attorney, called the lawsuit a "ridiculous" attempt to seek money from Osteen, whose husband is a best-selling author as well as the pastor of the largest church in Houston.

Osteen article

Ummm... yeah... It's all about the money. Riiight. That's how the FAA's going to bail out the airline industry -- by fining E- and F-list celebrities $3,000 a pop and turning the cash over to the airlines.

Well... one down, only 2,340,218 more people left to fine!

• 1 year later...

A flight attendant who says she lost her faith and suffered a hemorrhoidal flare-up after being assaulted by Victoria Osteen will head to court today seeking a jury to hear her lawsuit against the wife of superstar evangelist Joel Osteen.

[...]

In a deposition taken for the case, Brown also said the episode damaged her faith. Because of the status Victoria Osteen has as a spiritual leader, Brown now questions the legitimacy of other spiritual leaders including those at her own church, she said under oath.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5927129.html

:rolleyes:

"One thing led to another and that's when Mrs. Osteen assaulted Continental flight attendant Sharon Brown," McKamie said. "She threw her against the lavatory door and she elbowed her in her breast."

sounds like she needs some anger management.

"One thing led to another and that's when Mrs. Osteen assaulted Continental flight attendant Sharon Brown," McKamie said. "She threw her against the lavatory door and she elbowed her in her breast."

sounds like she needs some anger management.

WTF? That really happened?

A flight attendant who says she lost her faith and suffered a hemorrhoidal flare-up after being assaulted by Victoria Osteen will head to court today seeking a jury to hear her lawsuit against the wife of superstar evangelist Joel Osteen.

Won't she have to produce evidence to prove damages?

Not sure that I'd want to see Exhibit A too soon after breakfast. :unsure:

I love the way some of you are just salivating and downright giddy at the spectacle of a figure from the church running into some trouble. Do some of you have an axe to grind perhaps? Not-so-hidden agenda?

Ahem. Remember "Innocent until PROVEN guilty"?

Amazing how (in the "court" of public opinion) that still applies to illegal aliens, child molesters, drug runners and other lowlife...but apparently not to Pastor's wives...

You salivate and drool and cackle with glee over the prospect of a church figure "falling from grace" but you have no problem defending the aforementioned low-lifes -- or at the very least ignoring those.

Disgusting and vile.

Don't get me wrong -- NO ONE -- should be exempt from the law, but the obvious glee over a church figure possibly facing fines, etc is nauseating because of it's hypocrisy. Yes, it IS about the money. The "damages" claimed by the flight attendant, when I heard about those on the radio, nearly made me spew coffee from my nose while driving! Maybe I should sue for that? :lol: Seriously...hemmoroids??? What the hell???!!! And she alledgedly "lost her faith" because of this alledged incident? Damn...that's some pretty shakey "faith" she had there! I guess the only cure for that is LOTS of greenbacks, huh? Man...what a restorer of faith!

What a joke.

What judge would hear such a case? This woman (NOT the FAA) is just seeing dollar signs.

We have far worse offenders than Mrs. Osteen...let's pursue those with as much glee, shall we (no, I do not attend Lakewood Church or have any affiliation with the Osteens)?

Edited by Disastro

Don't get me wrong -- NO ONE -- should be exempt from the law, but the obvious glee over a church figure possibly facing fines, etc is nauseating because of it's hypocrisy. Yes, it IS about the money. The "damages" claimed by the flight attendant, when I heard about those on the radio, nearly made me spew coffee from my nose while driving! Maybe I should sue for that? :lol: Seriously...hemmoroids??? What the hell???!!! And she alledgedly "lost her faith" because of this alledged incident? Damn...that's some pretty shakey "faith" she had there! I guess the only cure for that is LOTS of greenbacks, huh? Man...what a restorer of faith!

Even more than public officials who we hold to high moral standards when there's no law for it, spiritual leaders teach us morals, they tell us how much God expects us to behave and make a living doing that. People read their books all the time and they live large from that. If Mrs Osteen assaulted that lady then she should pay, hemorrhoids or not. The payment is for not practicing what she preaches and lives on and for reducing herself to the likes of Naomi Campbell.

Of course she sued for the money, she's looking for easy money, which is not the best way to riches IMO. But that only explains why she's so careless with her faith to have lost it. Real christians hold on to their faith even at gunpoint, hers fell to the floor with an elbow jerk. The poor faith is languishing among some unclaimed luggage at the airport right now.

I love the way some of you are just salivating and downright giddy at the spectacle of a figure from the church running into some trouble. Do some of you have an axe to grind perhaps? Not-so-hidden agenda?

Ahem. Remember "Innocent until PROVEN guilty"?

Amazing how (in the "court" of public opinion) that still applies to illegal aliens, child molesters, drug runners and other lowlife...but apparently not to Pastor's wives...

You salivate and drool and cackle with glee over the prospect of a church figure "falling from grace" but you have no problem defending the aforementioned low-lifes -- or at the very least ignoring those.

Disgusting and vile.

What a joke.

What judge would hear such a case? This woman (NOT the FAA) is just seeing dollar signs.

We have far worse offenders than Mrs. Osteen...let's pursue those with as much glee, shall we (no, I do not attend Lakewood Church or have any affiliation with the Osteens)?

Guilty as charged. All of it. Shamelessly. I have no problem watching the pious get their comeuppance. However, do not confuse my glee at watching the Osteens in civil court with approving of the plaintiff's allegations. She's just a gold digger suing another gold digger.

BTW, I recommend not drinking coffee while you drive. It diverts your attention from the task at hand...driving...as evidenced by your nearly blowing it through your nose. :)

Even more than public officials who we hold to high moral standards when there's no law for it, spiritual leaders teach us morals, they tell us how much God expects us to behave and make a living doing that. People read their books all the time and they live large from that. If Mrs Osteen assaulted that lady then she should pay, hemorrhoids or not. The payment is for not practicing what she preaches and lives on and for reducing herself to the likes of Naomi Campbell.

Of course she sued for the money, she's looking for easy money, which is not the best way to riches IMO. But that only explains why she's so careless with her faith to have lost it. Real christians hold on to their faith even at gunpoint, hers fell to the floor with an elbow jerk. The poor faith is languishing among some unclaimed luggage at the airport right now.

Yeah, I agree...bad day or not (and we ALL have them), assault should not be tolerated*. But, this thing where no one who is a church figure can have a bad day or lose their temper is ridiculous. It all stems from the fact that they preach the word of God. Well, sorry some of you can't deal with what the BIBLE says...but that's not the messenger's fault.

There's always some atheist or loser out there lying in wait for the slightest slipup from a Christian.

I don't see the same criticisms from the same category of people being leveled at Muslims...etc...

Seems a bit one-sided and hypocritical to me.

*however the penalty should be equal to the offense -- not some ridiculous pursuit of riches as this woman is doing.

Hope his groupie's arent reading this, they might encourage him to grow "it" back just to irk us. :(

Egads! The horror...the horror...

Well, personally, I don't know what you call that "do" he has now, but it looks a little dated...

They should have a contest on who has the most perfect hair between Osteen and Gov. Perry.

Who would win?