KHOU 11 News Immigrant Story

musicman

Gays = Illegals in the sense that they are trumped up as a complete diversion.

Illegal Immigration is this year's Gay Marriage scandal. It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Iraq. It has very little to do with our rising national deficit. It's not the cause of concern for social security since they won't receive it later. Illegals aren't overloading our national healthcare system since we don't have one and even if we did they'd be afraid to use it due to deportation. Mexican immigrants (since the backlash seems most directed at Mexicans) aren't selling our nation's ports to Arab nations. They aren't causing terrorism and weren't the cause of 9/11. Last time I checked, Bin Laden wasn't washing dishes in Laredo or picking citrus in Bakersield. They didn't fail to respond after Katrina and Rita.

That said, they are apparently the end all be all of all of our social ills this past month. Exactly how those folks in D.C. wanted it...

i am going to have to back this up 100% - i hvae been saying/thinking this since its onset...

look at the timing of this "new issue." i am surprised there isn't a whole ad campaign to go along with it all <_<

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're missing the point completely. It is the stereotype i'm against.

mrfootball has definitely narrowed it down to Mexicans. there are many other nationalities who are coming here illegally as well. To lump them all as Mexicans is racist.

Oh shut up already. Mexican isn't even a race. For the record, I'll start griping about illegal immigrants of other origins when I see them protesting by the thousands, waving THEIR country's flag, and chanting in THEIR country's language.

Right now all anyone sees are Mexican flags so I guess its Mexican's we'll continue to "stereotype" as the illegal immigrants fighting for unfounded rights.

Oh shut up already. Mexican isn't a race you moron. For the record, I'll start griping about illegal immigrants of other origins when I see them protesting by the thousands, waving THEIR country's flag, and chanting in THEIR country's language.

Right now all anyone sees are Mexican flags so I guess its Mexican's we'll continue to "stereotype" as the illegal immigrants fighting for unfounded rights.

Jeebus I did NOT say Mexican is a race. I'm against stereotyping people. I said that lumping all the nationalities together because of the color of their skin or other trait IS racist. Mexicans come in all colors too. So do Africans, Cubans, Hondurans, etc. You can't look at someone and say they are Mexican because of the color of their skin.

I can definitively state that it was more than Mexicans who protested yesterday. My neighbors are Honduran and he told me he stayed home from work to protest. I also spoke with my parents who said their neighbors across the street told her they kept their children out of school for the same reason. They are from El Salvador. May I ask whether you spoke with another one who participated in one way or another?

Remember proportionally there are more Mexicans due to geographics.

About waving THEIR country's flag, I personally don't see how waving another country's flag is going to convince US citizens that they want to remain in the United States. My best friend is a naturalized citizen from Mexico. We were watching some of the coverage last night and she couldn't believe that they were holding up Mexican flags and yet are trying to convince people they want to stay here.

To address the "chanting in THEIR country's language" comment, remember more countries than Mexico speak Spanish. You can't assume that because someone is speaking Spanish they are from Mexico. I'm trying to avoid stereotyping.

No, he isn't new. He is 100% correct. That's how sales and property taxes work.

By the way, the taxes are already deducted from the salary before the guy is paid in cash.

Pay attention to my post. Most illegal immigrants are not members of criminal groups.

Vicman, I don't know what line of work you are in, but in construction, I assure you the "taxes" are NOT taken out before Pedro gets paid in cash.

Oh, and I was paying attention, you didn't say "most illegals" you said illegals in generally, not what amount of them. You posted as if the only law they are breaking is being an illegal immigrant. Go check the numbers on the prison population of illegals. You would be AMAZED.

Jeebus I did NOT say Mexican is a race. I'm against stereotyping people. I said that lumping all the nationalities together because of the color of their skin or other trait IS racist. Mexicans come in all colors too. So do Africans, Cubans, Hondurans, etc. You can't look at someone and say they are Mexican because of the color of their skin.
People are lumping all the nationalities to together because the majority of the crowd is Mexican, and the only flags seen in news footage are Mexican flags. Maybe if we could get all the illegal immigrants to sign in with their country of origin before protesting we could more accurately know who to gripe about?

Either way, a country of origin is not a race, it's a nationality. Therefore, no matter what country you lump everone into, you're still not racist. The best I could figure is that you'd be predjudice - against any illegal immigrant, no matter the nationality, ethnicity, or race.

I can definitively state that it was more than Mexicans who protested yesterday. My neighbors are Honduran and he told me he stayed home from work to protest. I also spoke with my parents who said their neighbors across the street told her they kept their children out of school for the same reason. They are from El Salvador. May I ask whether you spoke with another one who participated in one way or another?
Are you asking if I spoke with protesters? No, because I was actually at work on a Monday. Go figure.
To address the "chanting in THEIR country's language" comment, remember more countries than Mexico speak Spanish. You can't assume that because someone is speaking Spanish they are from Mexico. I'm trying to avoid stereotyping.
I guess next your going to tell me that there is more than one country with a flag identical to Mexico's?

NOTE: (I removed the name calling from my previous post, but you quoted me before I removed it. I apologize for the un-needed name calling.)

mrfootball assumed they were being paid in cash, not me, and not the Social Security Administration.

As for concrete numbers, those would be those things in my post that do not look like letters. Here is an additional one. SSA says that there are 9 million payroll accounts that do not match a citizen yearly. There are an estimated 11 to 12 million illegals in the US. There's your 75% number.

"We" don't need to talk. And I don't have the time to correct all of your false assumptions. I get the impression you'd rather not know the truth on this matter anyway. Tends to deflate your argument.

When I lived in Dallas, I worked at a large, high end retail store. We had an asst manager, a stockroom supervisor and stock room team of Mexican immigrants. They all applied at our store with the "proper" documents (many of them were there before I started, but I know they had ss#s b/c they were in the company's national payroll system). As an employer, there is only so much you can do and are required to do to verfiy the authenticity of these docs. They were paid an hourly rate of anywhere from $8.50-12/ hour based on years and position. We did not make a decision to hire them b/c they were willing to work at an hourly rate lower than other people. The company had pretty straight forward guidelines as to how much people were to be paid. The people in this group just happened to be the only people that applied for stock room positions (the two in lower management had been promoted internally).

In my 2nd year there all except 2 lost their jobs. A woman at one of the company's warehouse facilities in Kentucky was not getting her paycheck. She complained and they found that she was using the same social as one of the guys at my store. Total freak thing that they worked for the same company in different states and happend to BOTH be using the same fake social. Anyway, the whole staff at the store was investigated, including myself and the other managers. It was found that 11 people at the store had fake socials. They were all paying taxes. Many of them worked 2nd jobs as bus boys/ waiters and also paid taxes there....

Not large scale stats, but at least it's a 1st hand experience...

I find it funny Mexico expects America to take in illegals, while Mexico itself is accused of heavy handed policies against illegals in its own country.

Secondly, illegals in America only benefit the middle and upper income class. They allow you to keep more of your money while keeping labor cheap.

For example, the cheap housing in Texas - compare to housing in the North of the US. White labour is much more expensive than illegal Latin Labour. The difference is passed onto the consumer, hence you pay anywhere between $15,000 - $50,000 less then states that employ majority "white labour" for numerous housing and construction jobs. Then look at the price of vegetables in the USA. Unless your agreeing to pay $4.55 per lettuce head, you want illegals.

I find it funny Mexico expects America to take in illegals, while Mexico itself is accused of heavy handed policies against illegals in its own country.

Secondly, illegals in America only benefit the middle and upper income class. They allow you to keep more of your money while keeping labor cheap.

For example, the cheap housing in Texas - compare to housing in the North of the US. White labour is much more expensive than illegal Latin Labour. The difference is passed onto the consumer, hence you pay anywhere between $15,000 - $50,000 less then states that employ majority "white labour" for numerous housing and construction jobs. Then look at the price of vegetables in the USA. Unless your agreeing to pay $4.55 per lettuce head, you want illegals.

My only counter to this nmm is why doesn't the same effect apply to California, or do they not use Hispanics to frame houses there?

The nature of a business is to make money. I dont believe for 1 second that the cheap cost of illegal alien labor is passed on to the consumer. I rank that idea right up there with kosher hogs and heavenly devils...............

Either way, a country of origin is not a race, it's a nationality. Therefore, no matter what country you lump everone into, you're still not racist. The best I could figure is that you'd be predjudice - against any illegal immigrant, no matter the nationality, ethnicity, or race.

I can give into you on the use of racism. However, saying "the best I could figure is that you'd be prejudice," I must take offense to. Jeebus you were the one making the generic statements about the protesters, I wasn't. Therefore I'm not the one that was prejudiced.

Are you asking if I spoke with protesters? No, because I was actually at work on a Monday. Go figure.

That is all I'm asking. There were some protests last night as well. It may make you realize that more than Mexicans were protesting.

I guess next your going to tell me that there is more than one country with a flag identical to Mexico's?

NOTE: (I removed the name calling from my previous post, but you quoted me before I removed it. I apologize for the un-needed name calling.)

I made no mention of flags from other nations so i'm not sure where this came from.

And no problem on the un-needed name callling, at least you admitted it wasn't necessary!

Funny how my initial taco comment started such an active subject.

My only counter to this nmm is why doesn't the same effect apply to California, or do they not use Hispanics to frame houses there?

California = high land value

if they had white labour the costs of buying a house would be much more.

Yeah, read that one this morning..

Are our public school systems that bad now... that article was very depressing.

Go volunteer at a school near you, it is ridiculous what goes on now from when i was in school.

California = high land value

if they had white labour, TRUST ME the costs of buying a house would be much more.

I'm not sure that's true. New York and Chicago have white (union) labor, and building a house isn't exponentially more than in California.

I'd volunterr to administer a beating to the majority of these kids.

That's what they need.

And beat the parents while you are at it. All learning, or lack therof, starts at home.

concur but CPS wasn't around when i was in school. many of the children have the number memorized now. they want to get people in trouble. just no respect. parents don't care either...too busy protesting.

Holy crap some of these posts are funny. :lol: I really love the "they take out taxes first" comment. I almost spit my drink out. spit1.gif

What I can't believe is that no one has brought up that a*s clown Javier Rodriguez that's been whoring himself all over every news program. My god, if that's the best these illegals can get to speak for them, they'll never be taken seriously. What a loser! How does he get any air time? Is it because his speeches are like train wrecks? Man! :lol:

Okay, not to pounce on Martha, but she brought up an interesting point: Who really is to blame here? I mean, we all complain but then look the other way when our lawns get mowed or our tile is installed in our kitchens...

If companies wouldn't hire illegals, and people like you and me stopped giving them jobs we're too lazy to do (and I'm not talking about strawberry picking here), would we all even be having this conversation? Would yesterday have ever taken place?

The nature of a business is to make money. I dont believe for 1 second that the cheap cost of illegal alien labor is passed on to the consumer. I rank that idea right up there with kosher hogs and heavenly devils...............

If the businesses were forced to use more expensive labor, they would raise prices.

The cost to society would be less.

Illegal aliens displaced American workers at a cost in excess of $133 billion dollars last year according to Harvard Professor George Borjas. College and high school kids cannot find a summer job in yard care, landscape, fast food or service jobs. Why? Illegal aliens work them at a third the wage and often, under the table.

How about illegal alien anchor babies? Over 300,000 women annually arrive pregnant and drop them on U.S. soil. You pay food, housing, medical and schooling for them to age 18 PLUS their mother. According to the Center for Immigration Studies, average annual cost per child K-12 is $7,161.00 and exceeds $109 billion annually per cycle of anchor babies. That

Illegal aliens displaced American workers at a cost in excess of $133 billion dollars last year according to Harvard Professor George Borjas. College and high school kids cannot find a summer job in yard care, landscape, fast food or service jobs. Why? Illegal aliens work them at a third the wage and often, under the table.

How about illegal alien anchor babies? Over 300,000 women annually arrive pregnant and drop them on U.S. soil. You pay food, housing, medical and schooling for them to age 18 PLUS their mother. According to the Center for Immigration Studies, average annual cost per child K-12 is $7,161.00 and exceeds $109 billion annually per cycle of anchor babies. That

Guest danax

He even complained to me one day that he got undercut by a paisano!

Forgive my ignorance; what's a paisano? Is that another word for gringo?

Illegals aren't overloading our national healthcare system since we don't have one and even if we did they'd be afraid to use it due to deportation.

It's pretty apparent that you've never worked in a public hospital. I know a few doctors who do and they would agree that the public hospital system is overloaded, they suspect, by illegals. But not just by illegals -- by American poor, and most of all, substance abusers.

But that is one area where there is no question your tax money is going to non-citizens.

Of course, there are a lot of people who can argue that it's a good thing, since treating someone who is sick is the right thing to do, rather than throwing them out on the streets. I guess it's better than having them go to illegal makeshift back-alley clinics that would spring up to fill the need.

"Heavy handed" is quite an understatement for shooting Guatemalans at the border.

Imagine if the U.S. treated its illegal immigrants from the south the same way Mexico does.

Okay, not to pounce on Martha, but she brought up an interesting point: Who really is to blame here? I mean, we all complain but then look the other way when our lawns get mowed or our tile is installed in our kitchens...

Pounce away... I deserve it... I guess I could make a point and fire the people I have now and hire legals. Truth is, that I probably wont do that unless I have to.

However if they yard guys break one more window because they do not use a guard on their mower (or a bag) they will get fired immediately. They have been warned. :angry2:

• The title was changed to KHOU 11 News Immigrant Story

Archived