KHOU 11 News Immigrant Story

musicman

I was just watching 11 News at noon and there was a story on the immigrant protests. The reporter interviewed someone and he told the reporter,"I help them and they help me with their tacos." I can't believe that channel 11 put that comment on their news. :angry:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was just watching 11 News at noon and there was a story on the immigrant protests. The reporter interviewed someone and he told the reporter,"I help them and they help me with their tacos." I can't believe that channel 11 put that comment on their news. :angry:

...I can't believe Channel 2 didn't beat them to it...

As much as I hate KHOU, maybe the reporter was just showing another side of it. Or showing some redneck attitude that exists. Would it be better if the reporter pretended that person and his opinions didn't exist?

(And remember, folks: You can't spell "crackhouse" without KHOU.)

(4000 cool-points awarded to Editor. 1000 for each letter in KHOU) B)

They're showing Houston's protest live on CNN Asia. CNN Asia has a camera crew in Houston, Los Angeles, New York, and Denver, but L.A. and Houston's getting the most play right now...

As much as I hate KHOU, maybe the reporter was just showing another side of it. Or showing some redneck attitude that exists. Would it be better if the reporter pretended that person and his opinions didn't exist?

As a hispanic, I was VERY offended by the comment. It is as if the only thing we're good for is making tacos. This is just another stereotypical attitude. I just spoke with the reporter, a hispanic, Karla Barguiarena, and she said that she felt that it wasn't offensive. So then i asked her whether her relatives make good tacos as well...she became irritated. Anyway...i will not be watching KHOU

As a hispanic, I was VERY offended by the comment. It is as if the only thing we're good for is making tacos. This is just another stereotypical attitude. I just spoke with the reporter, a hispanic, Karla Barguiarena, and she said that she felt that it wasn't offensive. So then i asked her whether her relatives make good tacos as well...she became irritated. Anyway...i will not be watching KHOU

Was the comment live or pre-recorded?

Maybe you're just mad because you're Hispanic, and can't make good tacos yourself?

Seriously, How was the statement you mention offensive? Get the chip off your shoulder and stop looking for a fight.

WTF???????!!!!! :lol::lol:

THAT is Mama Ninfa, DJ, I had the pleasure of working very close with her for a year or so. She is/was very hands on, nice, nice woman. Too bad her sons ran the company into the ground.

Chronicle also ran an article this morning or afternoon, that the streets were unusually quieter, and that there seemed to be a lack of taco trucks. :lol: I'm not kidding, I can't believe that they would print that.

I'm terribly offended...I'm white, and I make damned good tacos.

Seriously though, these people aren't even supposed to be here, period. They're not Americans. They can whine all they want, they aren't American citizens. They've disrespected our laws, sucked our tax money, and lowered the standards in our public school systems. I feel no pity for these people.

This would be an opportune time to round them up and send'em packing.

I'm terribly offended...I'm white, and I make damned good tacos.

Seriously though, these people aren't even supposed to be here, period. They're not Americans. They can whine all they want, they aren't American citizens. They've disrespected our laws, sucked our tax money, and lowered the standards in our public school systems. I feel no pity for these people.

This would be an opportune time to round them up and send'em packing.

Other than immigration laws, what else do most of them break?

I feel like that statement was not informed. I will inform you now.

See, the U.S. has a quota for immigration. With the current system, many working class Mexicans would never get in legally. That's why they illegally immigrate in the first place. So "disrespecting laws" doesn't have the same meaning.

The whole tax thing is supplemented by the fact that illegal immigrants lower labor costs in restaurants and construction tremendously! That has to be considered too!

Illegal immigrants pay sales taxes just like other Texans.

The people who suffer the most from illegal immigration are high school dropouts.

However, I have zero sympathy for illegal immigrants who drive cars. If they do not have insurance, they should not drive.

Add to that, the fact that due to the re-introduction of 'long-conquered' diseases, Texas children have to undergo an additional battery of immunizaitons to protect them.

We have quotas for a reason. It doesn't matter whether or not Mexicans (ie. MEXICAN NATIONALS) like them or not. As it stands now, we have a hypocritical 'look the other way' policy that has allowed far too many MEXICAN NATIONALS into our country, taking away opportunities from other groups who may wish to emigrate.

The BS argument about Illegals "paying taxes".

Millions living "off the grid", we don't know a damn thing about them.

These people aren't paying income taxes.

Sure, there are some that pay into bogus SS accounts, but by and large these people escape Income, School, and Property taxes...as well as Licenses and Registrations, and other standards that our citizenry are held to.

Our schools shouldn't be used to educate Mexico's welfare problem. PERIOD. They should be used for AMERICA'S CHILDREN. PERIOD. Bilingual education is a crock of ____, and a waste of educational resources. The distraction caused by this introduction of non-english speaking, poorly educated, illegal immigrants has our education system stretched to the hilt. We've continually had to lower our standards to accomodate these people, who I might add have abyssmal dropout rates.

Healthcare costs, Public & Private, outrageous because we TAXPAYERS must bear these people's medical expenses...whilst many of us go WITHOUT INSURANCE as the costs are TOO HIGH!!!!

The crime these people bring is unacceptable. From nuisance crimes to theft, rape and murder...from drunken driving to manslaughter, the nightly news is disproportionately represented by these people. The cost to police and imprison these people is amazingly high...funds which could otherwise go towards education or healthcare for our own citizens.

Why should we as Americans be expected to pay taxes and adhere to the rule of law when our own country looks the other way when it comes to Illegal Immigrants? It's absurd. It's alarming. It's a threat to the rule of law in this country...something that (so far) has managed to keep us from becoming like the shitholes of corruption, lawlessness, and violence these millions of people left in the first place.

The whole tax thing is supplemented by the fact that illegal immigrants lower labor costs in restaurants and construction tremendously! That has to be considered too!

Can you support this statement with statistical fact?

I won't believe in a million years that the income tax base is supplemented by low labor cost unless I see a legitimate source.

Add to that, the fact that due to the re-introduction of 'long-conquered' diseases, Texas children have to undergo an additional battery of immunizaitons to protect them.

We have quotas for a reason. It doesn't matter whether or not Mexicans (ie. MEXICAN NATIONALS) like them or not. As it stands now, we have a hypocritical 'look the other way' policy that has allowed far too many MEXICAN NATIONALS into our country, taking away opportunities from other groups who may wish to emigrate.

Sure, there are some that pay into bogus SS accounts, but by and large these people escape Income, School, and Property taxes...as well as Licenses and Registrations, and other standards that our citizenry are held to.

Our schools shouldn't be used to educate Mexico's welfare problem. PERIOD. They should be used for AMERICA'S CHILDREN. PERIOD. Bilingual education is a crock of ____, and a waste of educational resources. The distraction caused by this introduction of non-english speaking, poorly educated, illegal immigrants has our education system stretched to the hilt. We've continually had to lower our standards to accomodate these people, who I might add have abyssmal dropout rates.

Healthcare costs, Public & Private, outrageous because we TAXPAYERS must bear these people's medical expenses...whilst many of us go WITHOUT INSURANCE as the costs are TOO HIGH!!!!

The crime these people bring is unacceptable. From nuisance crimes to theft, rape and murder...from drunken driving to manslaughter, the nightly news is disproportionately represented by these people. The cost to police and imprison these people is amazingly high...funds which could otherwise go towards education or healthcare for our own citizens.

Sorry to repost this, but great post!

They've disrespected our laws, sucked our tax money...

...and we so passively allow them to do so. Anyway, who's going to clean my sister's toilets [5] and mow her lawn [1/2 acre]? Jane and Ralph? I don't think so.

BTW, if we round up all these diseased little Meskins, do we have to give them back all the sales tax they paid out? Just a question.

B)

<------- I snagged this rare photo for my new avatar. It is one of the schoolbuses from the last protest. Those hydraulics are SWEET ! If you look real close, you can see the dingleballs hanging in the windshield. ;):P

...and we so passively allow them to do so. Anyway, who's going to clean my sister's toilets [5] and mow her lawn [1/2 acre]? Jane and Ralph? I don't think so.

If we round em' up, do we have to give them back all the sales tax they paid out? Just a question.

B)

Do I get my Hotel taxes that I have paid over the years that I have vacationed and been a guest in their country ? <_<

Anyway, who's going to clean my sister's toilets [5]and mow her lawn [1/2 acre]?

There was a time when we used to employ teenagers to do the so-called work nobody else would do. Seemed like a good way to keep'em busy, out-of-trouble and ambitious. There are still a good number of newly LEGAL immigrants (green card holders, resident aliens, etc) willing to get their hands dirty...as there are plenty of plain-old American citizens like Ralph & Jane & Antwan & Kim & Ali...

BTW, if we round up all these diseased little Meskins, do we have to give them back all the sales tax they paid out?

No just use the proceeds (what little there is) for their ticket home to Mexico, El Salvador, Guatamala, etc.

<------- I snagged this rare photo for my new avatar. It is one of the schoolbuses from the last protest. Those hydraulics are SWEET ! If you look real close, you can see the dingleballs hanging in the windshield. ;):P

Do I get my Hotel taxes that I have paid over the years that I have vacationed and been a guest in their country ? <_<

No you don't but your avatar is fantastic!!! I absolutly :wub: it as I :wub: you, TJ. :rolleyes::lol:

B)

There was a time when we used to employ teenagers to do the so-called work nobody else would do. Seemed like a good way to keep'em busy, out-of-trouble and ambitious. (now I sound like an old fart...but hey it's the truth.)

Well, I'm sure all the teenagers my sister [rumored to have been born of blinged out republican jackals and dumped on my parent's door step] come in contact with are entirely too busy with their hairdressers, plastic surgeons, steroided boyfriends and european shopping trips on mommy and daddy's dime to have the time to grab the toilet brush-much less knowing what a toilet brush is, where to find one and how to use it. :lol:

B)

As a hispanic, I was VERY offended by the comment... Anyway...i will not be watching KHOU

If you stop watching TV stations every time you get offended, you're going to run out of channels real quick.

Time to rip this apart..

1. Do you have a source? I have never heard of such a thing. As far as I know, the concern is with legal travellers on airplanes. Even if we stop illegal immigration, there will still be legal immigrants who bring diseases in.

2. "We have quotas for a reason. It doesn't matter whether or not Mexicans (ie. MEXICAN NATIONALS) like them or not. As it stands now, we have a hypocritical 'look the other way' policy that has allowed far too many MEXICAN NATIONALS into our country, taking away opportunities from other groups who may wish to emigrate."

How is that taking away opportunities? We have a quota system by hemisphere. There are too few slots for too many people. Do you mean taking away job opportunities? The group that suffers the most from illegal immigration is high school dropouts.

3. "The BS argument about Illegals "paying taxes".

"

They are paying sales taxes. Hun, YOU must PROVE to us that they aren't.

4. "Our schools shouldn't be used to educate Mexico's welfare problem. PERIOD. They should be used for AMERICA'S CHILDREN. PERIOD. Bilingual education is a crock of ____, and a waste of educational resources. The distraction caused by this introduction of non-english speaking, poorly educated, illegal immigrants has our education system stretched to the hilt. We've continually had to lower our standards to accomodate these people, who I might add have abyssmal dropout rates."

Don't you know that our schools are also open to permanent residents? We educate more than "America's children", and we proudly do so.

5. "Healthcare costs, Public & Private, outrageous because we TAXPAYERS must bear these people's medical expenses...whilst many of us go WITHOUT INSURANCE as the costs are TOO HIGH!!!!"

Do you have statistics? And illegal immigrants who get healthcare are most likely deported several days later. I heard that they try to get well at home.

6. "The crime these people bring is unacceptable. From nuisance crimes to theft, rape and murder...from drunken driving to manslaughter, the nightly news is disproportionately represented by these people. The cost to police and imprison these people is amazingly high...funds which could otherwise go towards education or healthcare for our own citizens."

Do you have a source?

Why should we as Americans be expected to pay taxes and adhere to the rule of law when our own country looks the other way when it comes to Illegal Immigrants? It's absurd. It's alarming. It's a threat to the rule of law in this country...something that (so far) has managed to keep us from becoming like the shitholes of corruption, lawlessness, and violence these millions of people left in the first place.

I believe the question was raised as to whether they were unlawfully assembling because they are NOT citizens.

In 1983, in a Texas case in fact, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that even though they're not citizens, they still are entitled to protection under U.S. laws and have many of the same rights as U.S. citizens.

That's the reason public school can't kick out students who are illegal immigrants.

I don't agree with it, but SCOTUS has spoken, and those are the rules we have to play by.

They are not Mexico's welfare program anymore, they are America's since they are here illegally, not learning the language of the land and march the streets of the country demanding rights in front of any TV camera that gives them time.......... Its one of the reasons if the not the main reason Mexico doesnt do much to stop illegals entering this country. They would otherwise be burdens on Mexican resourses and society if they were prevented from illegally entering the USA.

I dont know about you, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth each time i see these people parading the streets across this nation demanding rights which DO NOT have to be given to them...while at the same time showing pride in thier nations of origin by displaying proudly the flags of those nations............ So proud of those countries, take your proud asses bac k there............

Other than immigration laws, what else do most of them break?

Illegal immigrants pay sales taxes just like other Texans.

Well, how about income tax evasion for starters? An illegal can

See, the U.S. has a quota for immigration. With the current system, many working class Mexicans would never get in legally. That's why they illegally immigrate in the first place. So "disrespecting laws" doesn't have the same meaning.
So then you're saying its okay to illegally enter & stay in a country, just because the quota is filled? There's a quota in place for a reason ya' know.

The day I'll care about lowered labor costs in restaurants & the construction industry will be when that lowered cost is reflected in my bill. Currently, it is not. Things cost just the same whether Timmy the white kid from Memorial washes dishes or Hector, the Mexican from Gulfton does the scrubbing.

And I agree with Mr. Football. I was one of those unruly teenagers that have washed dishes, cut grass, and roofed houses, all while in high school.

According to the SSA:

"The Social Security Administration

Archived