Archbishop Fiorenza Plaza - 1111 Pierce Street (Former 1911 Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart)

j_cuevas713

11 hours ago, cspwal said:

I drove past it yesterday it's just a parking lot. It's even less a plaza than I thought

. . . and what little plaza there is is tucked over in the corner to maximize parking.

I notice the sign on top of the wall looks like it could be easily replaced if ever the need arose. 😏

• Like 1

19 hours ago, staresatmaps said:

I love the giant gate in front of it .. Can't have the public using our little plaza now.

Not sure if you noticed the pedestrian gate? 

20240420_092436.jpg.5b654fdb40b32faa0c4ea0a8dcc24a6b.jpg

It's clearly not finished.  The banners hanging are temporary.   I would imagine some benches will be added and maybe even a water feature?   The parking lot is not nearly as large as I was expecting. 

20240420_092535.jpg.f2d9df9f2596e3825479002362d977a9.jpg20240420_092204.jpg.74590a0c78b2382e9d9c82e7d4ae9c2e.jpg20240420_092455.jpg.2f6138537d081f9e3d3ea651d17f2e08.jpg

1 hour ago, Texasota said:

what a welcoming gate. who wouldn't look at that and think "these people want me to be here".

You don't strike me as a church-goer...just looking for something to criticize... and be miserable...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

You can be a religious/ church-goer and still criticize something the church constructs/ designs 😂 you won't go to hell for saying the church's parking lot is ugly... i'm sure god would agree that it is in fact unwelcoming....its literally gated off from the entire neighborhood 😂 its not rocket science. Just because there is a lockable pedestrian gate directly in front of the church's entrance, doesn't make it welcoming... if anything you kind of proved that its unwelcoming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Amlaham said:

You can be a religious/ church-goer and still criticize something the church constructs/ designs 😂 you won't go to hell for saying the church's parking lot is ugly... i'm sure god would agree that it is in fact unwelcoming....its literally gated off from the entire neighborhood 😂 its not rocket science. Just because there is a lockable pedestrian gate directly in front of the church's entrance, doesn't make it welcoming... if anything you kind of proved that its unwelcoming.

I'm sure bishop Fiorenza would rather you go inside the church (ungated) than the little plaza.   So silly to be complaining about the fence... but whatever...