• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard that the Penguins didn't even come to Houston.

They probably haven't come yet. It was reported they were coming sometime this week, but we don't know when.

Yo, check it...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/hockey/4496703.html

The Govenor of the Penn-etentary all up on da Penguin's grill, yo.

Also, look at this...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl

Check out their poll at the bottom as to where you think the Penguins will play next season. Fox didn't even mention Houston's name. I guess they feel Houston is a long-shot.

(sniff, sniff) I smell fish, yo. Something tells me Houston may only be de-bait for the Penguins to get a better deal in Pittsburgh. Maybe they have no intention of moving, and are just using KC's new arena and the Toyota Center as a way of saying "Yo Pittsburgh, Gimme yo' dessert after every meal to keep me happy" (like that Prison Break reference, don't cha?!)

"Warden's gone home, b**ch. Mice are gonna plaaayyyy :lol:

"Yo Pittsburgh, Gimme yo' dessert after every meal to keep me happy" (like that Prison Break reference, don't cha?!)

"Warden's gone home, b**ch. Mice are gonna plaaayyyy :lol:

That was the best season opener yet! Then the white dude hits him in the head with the sock full of coins.

That was the best season opener yet! Then the white dude hits him in the head with the sock full of coins.

Yeah. Thought he was all bad 'cause he got the top bunk. Then he realizes that the guards AND jailbirds are teaming together to take his Cocktail Fruit > :):lol::lol:

"Bradddddleeeeeyyyyy!!!! Oh Braaadddllleeyyyyyy!!...."

610 guys were talking about how the Predators might be the next NHL team on the market. They said they're in first place right now too.

Let's keep an eye on that

Since Nashville wound up with our football team, it would only be fair to take their hockey team.

Since Nashville wound up with our football team, it would only be fair to take their hockey team.

Oye Oye Oye

Nashville and the Florida Panthers would be the two teams I'd look at. Both have horrible attendance.

I'd prefer the Predators over the Panthers though. They're a much more respected team in the NHL aside from support.

I'd prefer the Predators over the Panthers though. They're a much more respected team in the NHL aside from support.

And like someone else said, taking Nashville's hockey team would be about a 127 out of 10 on the "You just got punked by karma, beee-otch" scale.

Yeah. Thought he was all bad 'cause he got the top bunk. Then he realizes that the guards AND jailbirds are teaming together to take his Cocktail Fruit > :):lol::lol:

"Bradddddleeeeeyyyyy!!!! Oh Braaadddllleeyyyyyy!!...."

And then the cell gate opens... :lol:

I think that it's just a matter of time until Houston gets an NHL team. The more sports, the better. NHL games are a blast to attend.

We don't need it to freeze here. We have the money to freeze anything we want. Even when it's 90 degrees outside and 100% humidity. That's just how we roll.

I'm going to the Dallas Stars - Pittsburgh Penguins game tonight at the AAC!

Fingers crossed this someday becomes a cross-state rivalry!!!!

I'm with ya, TexasStar. Have fun at the game. If we do get the Penguins, the first game I'd buy tickets for would be Houston vs. Dallas. Besides, the Stars are my favorite NHL team. They've represented Texas well :)

I think that it's just a matter of time until Houston gets an NHL team. The more sports, the better. NHL games are a blast to attend.

We don't need it to freeze here. We have the money to freeze anything we want. Even when it's 90 degrees outside and 100% humidity. That's just how we roll.

That would be sweet. We'd be the only city in Texas, and one of four in the country to have the six biggest leagues in America representing them. The only cities with that currently are Chicago, New York, and Washington D.C..

Cities with all five major men's leagues representin' them include: Denver, NYC, Dallas (if the Rangers count), Chicago, and Boston (if the Patriots and Revolution count)

L.A. will join the club when they get the NFL again.

That would be sweet. We'd be the only city in Texas, and one of four in the country to have the six biggest leagues in America representing them. The only cities with that currently are Chicago, New York, and Washington D.C..

Cities with all five major men's leagues representin' them include: Denver, NYC, Dallas (if the Rangers count), Chicago, and Boston (if the Patriots and Revolution count)

L.A. will join the club when they get the NFL again.

Which leagues are you talking about? All I can think of is MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL. Are you including MLS? and what else?

The top six (in this order), NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, and WNBA.

Sorry, but WNBA doesn't count. lol. I know that you want it to because it would give Houston 3 more championships [pauses to stop laughter :lol: ] but it just doesn't qualify as a major sport. I'm afraid NASCAR, and PGA would rank far above and beyond the WNBA in attendance, sponsorship dollars, and television ratings. . .and while we're on the subject of NASCAR, lets not forget the DFW Metroplex has the Texas Motor Speedway too. So, I guess that would make six.

Sorry, but WNBA doesn't count. lol. I know that you want it to because it would give Houston 3 more championships [pauses to stop laughter :lol: ] but it just doesn't qualify as a major sport. I'm afraid NASCAR, and PGA would rank far above and beyond the WNBA in attendance, sponsorship dollars, and television ratings. . .and while we're on the subject of NASCAR, lets not forget the DFW Metroplex has the Texas Motor Speedway too. So, I guess that would make six.

He's talking about team sports and professional leagues. The WNBA does count, whether you want to believe it or not. Furthermore, until there are NASCAR and PGA teams represented in each city, they don't count. DJ was referring to professional sports teams, and the 6 he gave are accurate.

• 1 month later...

New news from Pittsburgh has it that the team is closer to moving out. Here's the Chronicle:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headli...ts/4603916.html

And here's ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2788701

And Fox Sports:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/6531792

What caught my eye were the ESPN and Fox Sports reports. Note that Houston wasn't even mentioned as a possible location. It sounds H-Town isn't considered a possibility by the national news affiliates, and Kansas City is the runaway.

What caught my eye were the ESPN and Fox Sports reports. Note that Houston wasn't even mentioned as a possible location. It sounds H-Town isn't considered a possibility by the national news affiliates, and Kansas City is the runaway.

People said the same thing in 1999 about us getting an NFL team over Los Angeles.

Houston is not in the mix.

Les controls Toyota Center. Unless he's buying the team, there likely won't be an NHL team here until he dies or sells his interest. (unless Houston or one of the surrounding communities wants to build another arena). The Penguins' ownership team isn't interested in selling, as I understand it. And Kansas City has offered them free rent at an arena.

Archived