Gossamer Hotel At 702 Hyde Park Blvd.

trymahjong

Perhaps, gossamer, is a more intriguing branding  than I first thought.......

I sit and think
by JRR Tolkein
Of yellow leaves and gossamer 
in autumns that there were,
with morning mist and silver sun
and wind upon my hair.

In the Gold Room- a Harmony

by Oscar Wild 

........Her gold hair fell on the wall of gold Like the delicate  gossamer tangles spun On the burnished disk of the marigold,

oh my.............

Edited by trymahjong

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2024 at 1:29 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Based on documentation submitted to the Planning Commission, it seems the name of the proposed Hyde Park Blvd Hotel may be Gossamer.

The name is referenced in the Academic Business Project's preliminary scope statement. Academic Business Project is a collaborative program between University of Houston Hilton College Graduate Program and Mighty Equities.

The possibly named Gossamer Hotel is planned for 704 Hyde Park Blvd.

On 1/25/2024 at 5:26 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Based on the phrasing in the submitted document to the Planning Commission, my assumption is the name of the proposed Hyde Park Hotel at 704 Hyde Park Blvd is Gossamer.

I included a screenshot of the document below.

https://plattracker.houstontx.gov/edrc/RevDocDefault.aspx?AppID=0&UserID=0&UserRole=0&CycleDocPath=2024\2024-02_FinalAgenda.pdf

Appendix I: University of Houston Hilton College Graduate Program

Preliminary Scope Statement

• Business problem or opportunity description:

The primary objective of the Academic Business Project with The Mighty Equities is centered on the research of applications of the strategic direction for demand forecasting and operational strategies in the local luxury boutique hotel industry. In an attempt to create values of the boutique hotel "Gossamer" in Houston, challenges exist. Market, business environment, customers and competitors, and resources and organizational structure and operational characteristics are different, so that it is more than important to find the way to secure unique, one-of-a-kind, luxury, and differentiated value that can be shared by multiple stakeholders in a sustainable manner. For the business feasibility, this project ultimately encompass key competitive advantages of Gossamer. Market analysis and demand forecasting for (1) sales and revenue forecasting and (2) differentiated operational strategies will be included to secure competitive advantages. To create value that can be shared, understanding and comprehending local market is paramount. To correctly suggest strategic plan for the new boutique hotel, this project will include market feasibility, demand and sales forecasting, dynamic capabilities and flexibility analysis. With economic impacts and sales forecasting in a given market, business feasibility can be highlighted and opportunity seeking can be highly supported. On top of it, multiple operational strategic suggestion can be provided based on the results of a series of analyses in this project. Based on huge success on this project, further topics will be explored as a continuous collaboration with the Mighty Equities.

4ArCVmq.jpg

There are registered web domains for Gossamer. The domains were registered in 2022. According to a WHOIS search, the registrant is located in Texas.

At present, there isn't a website or landing page.

I'm assuming the domains are for the proposed hotel at 704 Hyde Park Boulevard: Gossamer.

• Like 1