Crime In The Heights

PureAuteur

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KHOU is reporting details about an overnight robbery that began at 900 Pecore. Sounds like a guy walking his dog was forced to take the suspects to his home, which they then "invaded" and then they committed a carjacking, attempted to run down a deputy, and then ran from police. Only one of the three was caught.

http://www.khou.com/news/Wild-overnight-chase-ends-with-1-in-jail-2-on-the-loose-102218339.html

I live a block from there. I was working in my garage and also heard the helicopter. A patrol car also cruised up 12th st with their lights off. I ended up shutting down what I was doing and going inside and locked the house. I was basically thinking "uh oh a repeat of the Pecore car-jacking is about to happen."

James

And what's the deal w/ the crotch rocket motorcycles? Last night around 11pm it sounded like a hive of bees was going crazy down by I-10.

Cheers

James

I'm assuming you don't live very close to I-10, this is a nightly occurence, several times a night. I lived in "midtown heights" right on I-10 at Oxford and could hear them at all times of the night.

And what's the deal w/ the crotch rocket motorcycles? Last night around 11pm it sounded like a hive of bees was going crazy down by I-10.

Cheers

James

I'm closer to White Oak on Oxford and could hear them clearly, too. I can say, though, that I previously lived a block off 59 at Woodhead and the there is much, much more motorcycle activity over there than on I-10. I certainly don't notice them nightly here.

As to current helicopter activity, it's thankfully quiet at the moment. I've noticed a couple hovering in the area over the past couple months but more common are semi-frequent flyovers during the day. I'm not sure where they are headed ... maybe traffic copters en route to some I-45 traffic jam. I've also noticed military copters flying over.

I've been seeing a few creepin cars late at night on Pecore... make sure to lock your houses up well, and don't leave any valuables in your cars. These cars look like they are window shopping. (probably nothing, but just an impression I get)

Ch39 has a better article. http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-couple-robbed-friend-hostage-story,0,6893287.story

The victims are very good friends of mine. We'll be drinking beer with loaded shotguns back there this weekend.

• 1 month later...

They need to catch this guy fast. Unbelievable that the police don't have a description at this point.

I have very little knowledge of police matters aside from what I watch on Law & Order, so as an authority on the subject, it does seem rather implausible that the police wouldn't have a description out by now. Clearly our elected officials are conspiring in back rooms and working against the public and not for it. Also, the thug was probably a campaign donor to Mayor Parker.

No doubt, if the guy is caught, the prosecutor will offer a prison sentence at or below what is lawfully permitted according to statute...those people are so incompetent. They don't realize that the Heights is special and that crimes committed in the Heights are special too.

• Like 1

they got him!

My link

they got him!

My link

Now hopefully they let him burn.

I have zero tolerance for that type of crime. Sexual Assault and kidnapping.....seems that type of crime keeps occurring in some part of the world...say...Oh I dont know just south of the Texas border. Its time to make an example of this idiot and show the rest of those who might want to follow in his footsteps that this will not be tolerated here. Nip it in the bud now, or the arresting officers head will delivered in a box to the police station in a few years.

• Like 1

Now hopefully they let him burn.

I have zero tolerance for that type of crime. Sexual Assault and kidnapping.....seems that type of crime keeps occurring in some part of the world...say...Oh I dont know just south of the Texas border. Its time to make an example of this idiot and show the rest of those who might want to follow in his footsteps that this will not be tolerated here. Nip it in the bud now, or the arresting officers head will delivered in a box to the police station in a few years.

The article stated he was an illeagal alien?