Crime In The Heights

PureAuteur

The article stated he was an illeagal alien?

I never said he was an illegal alien, though most new stations and our only paper would not report it even if he were. They choose to ignore tiny details like a persons immigration status when running articles on criminals, because it does not fit nicely into their political agenda. However, the crime this scum bag is accused of committing is extremely common, even expected, in many places in Mexico (and more recently Arizona) now. So whether or not he is actually an illegal alien does not matter. The point of my post wanting to make an example of the fool is to both punish him, and deter future criminals who may attempt a crime that they see being lucrative in other countries, like for instance Mexico.

• Like 1

I never said he was an illegal alien, though most new stations and our only paper would not report it even if he were. They choose to ignore tiny details like a persons immigration status when running articles on criminals, because it does not fit nicely into their political agenda. However, the crime this scum bag is accused of committing is extremely common, even expected, in many places in Mexico (and more recently Arizona) now. So whether or not he is actually an illegal alien does not matter. The point of my post wanting to make an example of the fool is to both punish him, and deter future criminals who may attempt a crime that they see being lucrative in other countries, like for instance Mexico.

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/dataonline/Search/Crime/State/StatebyState.cfm

"more recently Arizona"? Is that what you percieve or do you have actual data?

If the scumbag's name were Casper Smith would your reaction have been the same?

Edited by west20th

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj...tatebyState.cfm

"more recently Arizona?". Is that what you percieve or do you have actual data?

If the scumbag's name was Casper Smith would your reaction have been the same?

Absolutely - I am an equal opportunity punisher of crime. I dont care if the guys name was John Smith, Bill White, or Rick Perry....if you commit a 3rd world crime and are caught, you should receive a very harsh punishment to prevent those here from the third worlds from thinking that they can get away with the crime here like they do in the Country.

Its not perceived that Phoenix has this type of crime, its widely known. I would post links, but you can do that with a simple google search and fish through the many many pages of information on it.

• Like 1

Absolutely - I am an equal opportunity punisher of crime. I dont care if the guys name was John Smith, Bill White, or Rick Perry....if you commit a 3rd world crime and are caught, you should receive a very harsh punishment to prevent those here from the third worlds from thinking that they can get away with the crime here like they do in the Country.

Its not perceived that Phoenix has this type of crime, its widely known. I would post links, but you can do that with a simple google search and fish through the many many pages of information on it.

http://phoenix.gov/POLICE/crista1.html

Shows violent crime and murder to be way down, rape up slightly. So if something is "widely known" it must be true? Anyway, some loser with an IQ of a speed bump committing an awful crime in the Heights does not mean the Mexican drug cartels are right behind.

Edited by west20th
  • Like 2

Crime is down quite a bit in Arizona as a whole. It's up in Maricopa County because they have a really bad sheriff named Joe Arpaio.

You dont attribute any of the increase in crime to the county's proximity to Mexico?? Or perhaps the lines of drug mules and criminals using that area as a highway to the rest of the United States?

I'm sick and tired of all of the PC folks who think we need to walk on pins and needles about this topic. Its time to just call it like we see it....I see a piece of trash who deserves to fry or rot in prison...I prefer frying so we dont have to use tax dollars to feed this worthless scum bag. I cant wait to find out if this person was in the country illegally. My bet is that he was. I could be wrong, I am admittedly making an assumption based entirely on the type of crime committed, the persons ethnicity, and a photograph of the scum bag.

I dont see anything wrong with making that assumption either. If that is offensive to someone then they are too thin skinned and need to get over it...If there are acorns laying under neath a pine tree with no oak trees in sight do you assume the pine tree is now making acorns, or do you assume that the acorns were carried there by another source? If you assume the pine tree somehow now makes acorns, then you can continue being offended by people using the context of a crime and the clues to make an informed guess on the type of person committing the crimes because there is no way to argue with an idiot. If you assume that the acorns were carried there by another source, then it makes absolutely no sense to ignore the clues that lead you to a certain conclusion, even if you do not happen to like where that conclusion takes you.

You may be pro-open border immigration, but your still an idiot if you cant take the facts of a crime and attempt to apply them to the most likely perpetrator....you would in essence be just like the chronicle....their original description was worthless....its unlikely the chronicle did not know that we were looking for a hispanic person...they just chose not to print that. I read it, and I immediately thought this sounds like what happens in Mexico....Its not racist, its just the truth. I am not accusing Hispanics of being criminals or bad people, but the type of crime fit the stereotype of the type of criminal who commits the crime. Its just common sense. Its stupid not to use common sense to catch criminals.

There are way too many people who have nothing better to do in life then get offended by calling out the obvious common sense things that a person can see.

• Like 1

Yeah, because America would be rape and kidnapping free if we closed the border. Uh huh.

• Like 2

You dont attribute any of the increase in crime to the county's proximity to Mexico?? Or perhaps the lines of drug mules and criminals using that area as a highway to the rest of the United States?

I'm sick and tired of all of the PC folks who think we need to walk on pins and needles about this topic. Its time to just call it like we see it....I see a piece of trash who deserves to fry or rot in prison...I prefer frying so we dont have to use tax dollars to feed this worthless scum bag. I cant wait to find out if this person was in the country illegally. My bet is that he was. I could be wrong, I am admittedly making an assumption based entirely on the type of crime committed, the persons ethnicity, and a photograph of the scum bag.

I dont see anything wrong with making that assumption either. If that is offensive to someone then they are too thin skinned and need to get over it...If there are acorns laying under neath a pine tree with no oak trees in sight do you assume the pine tree is now making acorns, or do you assume that the acorns were carried there by another source? If you assume the pine tree somehow now makes acorns, then you can continue being offended by people using the context of a crime and the clues to make an informed guess on the type of person committing the crimes because there is no way to argue with an idiot. If you assume that the acorns were carried there by another source, then it makes absolutely no sense to ignore the clues that lead you to a certain conclusion, even if you do not happen to like where that conclusion takes you.

You may be pro-open border immigration, but your still an idiot if you cant take the facts of a crime and attempt to apply them to the most likely perpetrator....you would in essence be just like the chronicle....their original description was worthless....its unlikely the chronicle did not know that we were looking for a hispanic person...they just chose not to print that. I read it, and I immediately thought this sounds like what happens in Mexico....Its not racist, its just the truth. I am not accusing Hispanics of being criminals or bad people, but the type of crime fit the stereotype of the type of criminal who commits the crime. Its just common sense. Its stupid not to use common sense to catch criminals.

There are way too many people who have nothing better to do in life then get offended by calling out the obvious common sense things that a person can see.

Nice screed. This guy probably will not be punished harshly enough. His surname and country of origin have nothing to do with that however.

Edited by west20th
  • Like 3

This is the seventh rape in Houston Heights in the past 12 months, according to the Houston Police Department.

The six previous rapes in Houston Heights:

July 31 - 2700 block of White Oak Drive

July 2 - 600 block of 16th St

July 18 - 900 block of Algregg Street

May 1 - 300 block of 27th Street

March 5 - 3200 block of Beauchamp Street

Nov 29, 2009 - 300 block of 9th Street

I'm sick and tired of all of the PC folks who think we need to walk on pins and needles about this topic.

Maybe you are referring to people in general being PC about this topic, but i think the reaction here, in particular, is more one of confusion on how the thread "CHRON: FEMALE HEIGHTS JOGGER SEXUALLY ASSUALTED" became "CHRON: SOME RANDOM HISPANIC GUY SEXUALLY ASSAULTS FEMALE HEIGHTS JOGGER AND BECOMES POSTER BOY FOR ALL THINGS RELATED TO IMMIGRATION". Isn't there a Misc. forum around here for that sort of thing?

• Like 5

Let's keep this on topic. This thread is not about illegal immigration.

• Like 1

Most likely he is an illegal.

Yeah, because America would be rape and kidnapping free if we closed the border. Uh huh.

Perhaps not 100%... but you cannot ignore the POSSIBILITY that rapes and kidnappings would decrease could you? Isn't one saved life (from kidnap or rape) be well worth the cost of building a border wall? What would you say if your daughter were a victim of either of these heinous crimes? Would you not give anything... ANYTHING to spare her from this fate?

Perhaps not 100%... but you cannot ignore the POSSIBILITY that rapes and kidnappings would decrease could you? Isn't one saved life (from kidnap or rape) be well worth the cost of building a border wall? What would you say if your daughter were a victim of either of these heinous crimes? Would you not give anything... ANYTHING to spare her from this fate?

If you could prove that the wall would prevent it, perhaps. But, the overwhelming majority of crimes in the US are committed by US citizens. So your claim is faulty.

There are 3 times as many fatalities from auto accidents as homicides. Wouldn't you do ANYTHING to prevent this fate befalling your wife? Why do you still let her drive?

• Like 2

I never thought of a crime originating from a particular country. That brings out all sorts of possibilities. Since rapes happen in third world countries, which ones (crimes) are native to the united states?

• Like 2

I never thought of a crime originating from a particular country. That brings out all sorts of possibilities. Since rapes happen in third world countries, which ones (crimes) are native to the united states?

I just hope Those People don't get uppity and start kidnapping young men in the Heights, torturing them, and murdering them for enjoyment. That World 1 crime is the sole territory of of crazy white, native Texas boys, dammit!

I'm glad they caught the guy. I'm glad the victim is now safe and alive. I'm sorry that an evening jog turned into such horror for her and her family.

Leches - violent leches, even - are everywhere. We need to be careful and....forthright. (I'm avoiding the word, "vigilant", because it's over-used and it avoids our responsibility, as a community, to be smart and unafraid).

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

It's a shame we live in times such as this. You know in the 50's we never even locked the doors when we were gone, everyone did the same. That whole area is depressing for me to even look at now. First thing that bothered me was when they widened the street, it just looks unnatural because when I was a kid the sidewalks were all nice and the street was clean. I drove by Eugene Fields and noticed they had taken a lot of the frontage just to make that street wider. It's like being in a foreign city when you've been gone for many years. In 1957 58 and on, there were Japanese Persimmon Trees lined completely around the School Perimeter, large magnolia trees at every corner of the building and I can vividly remember the wonderful smell when they were in bloom. The Persimmons you can have, they were nasty.

How could it be down with the population so much greater, and who decided in the 50's it was higher than now. I'll take the 50's any day of the week opposed to the present.

If you have something in print to support that then please share it, we never saw any of that high crime in my time. The Judges and Courts gave little mercy to criminals back then and there was plenty room for newcomers in Huntsville. Also the Police had much more, shall we say discretion, in handling any crimes. :)

How could it be down with the population so much greater, and who decided in the 50's it was higher than now. I'll take the 50's any day of the week opposed to the present.

If you have something in print to support that then please share it, we never saw any of that high crime in my time. The Judges and Courts gave little mercy to criminals back then and there was plenty room for newcomers in Huntsville. Also the Police had much more, shall we say discretion, in handling any crimes. :)

From HoustonHistory.com....

Houston's homicide rate was 24.4 per 100,000

Houston recorded 134 murders

These 134 murders occurred in a city of roughly 600,000 residents, making for a homicide rate of 22.3 per 100,000.

Houston was labeled "Murder town, USA" by Time Magazine for maintaining the highest murder rate in the nation, 15 per 100,000

For comparison, Houston's homicide rate in 2008 was 13 per 100,000 (294 homicides). It dropped to 12 per 100,000 in 2009 (270 homicides). 2010 is running 9.7% below the total for 2009, a rate of approximately 10.8 per 100,000.

Nice try, though. Lots of old people think the good ole days were idyllic.

Edited by RedScare
  • Like 4

From HoustonHistory.com....

These 134 murders occurred in a city of roughly 600,000 residents, making for a homicide rate of 22.3 per 100,000.

For comparison, Houston's homicide rate in 2008 was 13 per 100,000 (294 homicides). It dropped to 12 per 100,000 in 2009 (270 homicides). 2010 is running 9.7% below the total for 2009, a rate of approximately 10.8 per 100,000.

Nice try, though. Lots of old people think the good ole days were idyllic.

Interesting figures, although I think the numbers are probably skewed a bit. 134 in 600,000 is not a bad number, more important is the neighborhoods where all this took place, if anything it was confined. That's not the case now so keep your head on a swivel when walking about. I stand by what I said and would rather be living in the 50's.

There were no drug dealers or gangs or cartels openly operating in the neighborhoods, I'm sure there were bad people out there but not on the scale you see today. There were some very bad areas in Houston in the early years but they stayed in their own territory and I'm sure if you could pin point all that mayhem you will see my point.