Crime In The Heights

PureAuteur

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unsure... but if Texas doesnt pass a law like AZ, then perhaps the State Of Texas can sponsor/provide free CHL classes. What say you?

Great idea. There's nothing that warms my heart more than the thought of a bunch of toothless hillbillies play-acting like they're Wyatt Earp and the streets of Houston are the Old West. That sounds safe.

From a Friend in the Area:

"I remember when this happened (last week some time). There were several

reports from around the area of guys riding around in a white car robbing

people on the street, driveway, sidewalk, etc.... I remember that one of

the victims was messing with his telescope when they pulled up and robbed

him. This happened on the east side of shepherd on the 34th near Graham

park. As far as I know, none of the robberies happened near the Petrol

Station."

So, there were no driveway robberies in the Heights at all then, as this location is most decidedly in Garden Oaks.

It's annoying how the news cites everything from Richmond to 1960 as "The Heights". Thanks for the updates.

It's annoying how the news cites everything from Richmond to 1960 as "The Heights".

Or "Midtown", or "Montrose", or "Southwest Houston", etc. It's as if they pick a name out of a hat.

i had been reading about the saga on another forum from the mouth of one of the 4 that were robbed. he did confirm they caught the car with all 4 guys in it and they had gotten some of their goods back too. they removed the thread though because of the pending cases/jail time.

They did? Awesome! Did you see an article somewhere? I'd like to send it to a friend

There's a small article on channel 13's website. I used their search box for "telescope". It came up with something like, 'stargazer fights back'. Happened on 4-29 and bad guys used a pellet gun. Not much to the piece but there may be something on other stations' sites too. Maybe on FOX?

They do. Have you read the chron lately? I think their reporters barely made it out of middle school.

At least they distinguish that there are neighborhoods in the loop... Talk to people from Katy or Woodlands, they consider everything inside 610 loop as "downtown".

At least they distinguish that there are neighborhoods in the loop... Talk to people from Katy or Woodlands, they consider everything inside 610 loop as "downtown".

Sometimes...I've read chron articles where a crime occurred in "northwest Houston" that were the Heights, Oak Forest, Acres Home, or even Cypress.

Sometimes...I've read chron articles where a crime occurred in "northwest Houston" that were the Heights, Oak Forest, Acres Home, or even Cypress.

Yeah, that's what I always hear too. Heights = northwest. So everytime there is a shooting out near Champions, I'll get some friend from the 'burbs emailing to ask if it was near me. le sigh.

• 2 weeks later...

In our area in the east end, we have Constable and HPD response time of 10 to 15 minutes. Because of our location in relation to Wayside and Lawndale, patrol cars are seen on our streets all the time. Plus, we have a neighborhood watch crew.

I'm staying very near those two streets and I think we should still get some kind of thing going. Someone bust the rear windshield of my car the other night. Cost me $700. UGH. I am of the opinion that the more officers we have on the street the better.

• 2 weeks later...

They failed to acquire the needed signatures.

Link

The program has not been officially killed yet. In fact, work is still going forward to get more sign ups. There are currently 122 people signed up for the service. The Houston Heights Association board will have a meeting this Friday to decide the out come.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else had their mailbox stolen? There have been two freestanding cast iron mailboxes stolen in the past two months on Harvard north of 20th. The second one was taken in the mid-late afternoon on a weekday. Both of these mailboxes were very heavy and maybe the thieves are stealing them for the scrap metal value (about 10 cents/ pound). It must be someone in a pickup truck that breaks off the mailboxes at their base and makes a quick getaway.

That sounds like it could be a felony, since they're tampering with your mail.

I'd check the park - might be a bunch of stupid kids heading there after school, causing trouble along the way. Maybe they dumped it.

Call your local Post Office though - they might have resources for mailbox theft, again, since it's mail tampering.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...