Hawthrone Square - 3407 Montrose Blvd.

trymahjong

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was peeking in the windows and one of the owners came outside. I asked him if I can come in and take some pictures. He said yes and said they hope to open next week. They started as a food truck but now have 3 restaurants. I mentioned HAIF to him so he could see other projects around town.

sOzmW3M.jpg

jVUhuCe.jpg

0F7F6ST.jpg

JmGTGXo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2023 at 8:41 AM, clutchcity94 said:

Wouldn’t mind seeing this strip demolished and started over to be honest…any chance of that happening?

This parking lot is one of the worst inside the loop for sure. I think the revolving door on the end cap restaurant space supports that idea.

19 minutes ago, clutchcity94 said:

What makes it the worst?

Insanely narrow spaces, narrow drive lanes, Starbucks traffic blocking the Hawthorne entrance. I’m not a big fan of door dings so it’s a lot I’ve always avoided completely (even though I used to work just down the street).

22 minutes ago, Texasota said:

If you think that parking lot has narrow spaces and narrow lanes then that says more about what kind of oversized car you drive then it does about the (perfectly normal) parking lot. 

When I drove a Jetta, that parking lot had narrow spaces. It has always had narrow spaces.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 7:56 PM, clutchcity94 said:

What makes it the worst?

The lot doesn't have circulation. It has a 25 car parking aisle just dead end, meaning you have to reverse 150' if you drive down the aisle and don't find parking. You could imagine the mess and frustration this would cause during busy hours.

They could fix the problem pretty easily, but would have to give up 4 parking spaces. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...