The Pruitt Company At 3001 Canal St.

thedistrict84

4 hours ago, sapo2367 said:

Thanks @wilcal! Great summary. So are the owners the same as the Cidercade/Common Desk building? I thought someone mentioned Landry's in relation to this property. Although I guess they could be tenants of the building owners. The layout and description of the building reminds me of this building off of White Oak. Maybe not in terms of styling, but in terms of space and tenants (multiple restaurants etc).

Bartender at Moon Tower told me Landry's was involved, but that appears to be not the case.

I think that pic is a pretty fair representation, but based on the site-plan above, it looks like no parking between the building and the street. 

I'm not sure where the Landry's rumor started, but I have heard from my friends surrounding some of these deals (re: Olshan) that Landry's is not involved.

Ancorian developed the Block (2339 Commerce) and it makes sense that they would do this as well given that the block parking lot is being allocated as backup parking for this development. They've also pursued a ton of small and large developments in the EaDo and the East End.

https://www.ancorian.com/portfolio

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wilcal said:

I have no idea. That would be kind of wild, but I guess that's feasible.

Especially with how dumb some of the parking requirements are. Bars require the most!

It isn't like we are talking about parking maximums, here. 

Honestly, the only pushback I ever really hear at these public meetings is about homeowners not wanting people parking in front of their homes (and if there are bars, then cans/trash in yards), and we have tools to mitigate the parking component. Plus, there is so much street parking on Canal, and just a small handful of homes. 

Yeah it would. That means developments are going through without the planning commission overseeing what's being built. I hope that's not the case but it wouldn't surprise me for a city like Houston. 

Rough approximation of how the building is going to be divided based on the grainy site-plan. I did notice on the plan that they mention a canopy, which looks to be 8-10' off of the side of the building.

This patio area has the potential to be rather glorious. East End is going to have some pretty good patios when you think about Fitzcarraldo, Acadian Coast, and even the Navigation Esplanade which is kind of a patio with all of those vendors. 

7dXADqH.jpg

• Like 7

• 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to The Pruitt Co. - 3001 Canal St.
  • 2 months later...

They did not record their plat from last August, but they did submit an extension of approval giving them another year to do so. 

They received a parking variance, but that is specifically tied to the originally proposed use (restaurants).

I believe that they are free to record the plat, which was proposed as an unrestricted reserve and build multi-family if they want. 

It is kind of sad that restaurants may not happen here, but I'm totally ok with more (and dense) residential.

Edited by wilcal
  • Like 2

• The title was changed to The Pruitt Company At 3001 Canal St.