Caroline Lofts: Affordable Housing At 2403 Caroline St.

CrockpotandGravel

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 11:32 AM, phillip_white said:

There's a waste water sign on the fence that says something along the lines of Q3 2022 completion (I think it was Oct, but don't remember). Still very fast considering the size of the project  

They've made tremendous progress (it's been less than a year since ground was broken).
I wonder if they'll meet that goal and when the first occupants will move in.

31 minutes ago, dbigtex56 said:

They've made tremendous progress (it's been less than a year since ground was broken).
I wonder if they'll meet that goal and when the first occupants will move in.

I think the facade may be complete by then, but there's no way they have all of the units finished out in 2 months. Before NYE, maybe. I would guess Spring 2023 for first move-ins.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 9:54 AM, phillip_white said:

I think the facade may be complete by then, but there's no way they have all of the units finished out in 2 months. Before NYE, maybe. I would guess Spring 2023 for first move-ins.

Do all of the units have to be finished before people move in? 
I notice that the southern half of the building is progressing more quickly than the northern half. It might be to their advantage to complete and lease these units first. 
People would probably prefer the units with a skyline view. By opening in phases, income could be generated, and the units lacking skyline views would be rented before the units on the northern side are available. 
This is just speculation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2022 at 8:35 PM, dbigtex56 said:

Do all of the units have to be finished before people move in? 
I notice that the southern half of the building is progressing more quickly than the northern half. It might be to their advantage to complete and lease these units first. 
People would probably prefer the units with a skyline view. By opening in phases, income could be generated, and the units lacking skyline views would be rented before the units on the northern side are available. 
This is just speculation.

No, all the units do not have to be finished for people to move in. Buildings regularly open in phases, however this building still has a lot of construction to be done before they can get to that point. They're probably running electrical and plumbing on the side that is furthest along. I would say late Q1 2023 at the earliest for move ins. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The facade looks nearly complete, except for a couple spots on the East side that need stucco and paint. Interior work seems close as well judging by the finishes in the lower rooms and number of paint buckets they've gone through. The retail space is being worked on as well, but it may just be a dry-in versus built-out for a tenant.

20230227_195151 20230227_195215

• Like 5