MD Anderson TMC Master Facilities Framework 2030

Highrise Tower

• 2 months later...

Master Framework 2030 - Bridging Strategy dated 1.28.2022.

MD Anderson is focusing on a new campus called South of Holcombe.  It will be a total of 4 buildings (+1 garage). They are shifting out of the North Campus and creating a formal South of Holcombe Campus.  I wonder if this shift is preparing for the planned dual Patient Towers?

The 2 and 3 Ambulatory Clinical Buildings are being designed for future vertical expansion! Will reach a total of 25 floors!!

The next 10 years of the TMC is going to be wild!!

pNgV6jP.png

hjLS1aa.png

jTekpEg.png

Z2NYhRY.png

1S6251Q.png

XudpUM6.png

Z31Rgn3.png

e6IQQCT.png

9FtWpWu.png

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Highrise Tower said:

Another view of the Inpatient Bed Towers.

wnbNIpL.jpg

For some reason, when this post showed up in the new post listing, I read it as "Impatient Bed Towers", giving an image of an angry bed demanding a patient be found.

I know my way around MD Anderson reasonably well, but could not tell you how to get to the room I spent 9 days in. It's an amazing hospital, but you don't really want to be there. The standard of care is very high, and the staff are very positive, especially given how many terminal cases they deal with. I am very happy this institution is in Houston, and not somewhere else.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Request For Proposal to provide construction manager-at-risk services.

MD Anderson Cancer Center
Bed Tower Mobilization Gimbel Restack
MD Anderson Project No.: FPDC - 230153
RFP No.: Bed Tower Mobilization Gimbel Restack – 1 Step CMR/GS
CMR services for the renovation of the Gimbel Building floors 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 to include upgrading architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and data infrastructure as necessary.

Submittal Deadline:
10/25/2023 @ 9:00AM CST

Owner approves 95% Construction Documents: April 30, 2024
Commencement of the Work: August 1, 2024
Construction Manager achieves Final Completion: December 15, 2028

FcwPJjM.jpg

LddI79G.jpg

• Like 6

Urbannizer posted the rendering of the CSB on Friday.  It's just spectacular! One of MD Anderson's better buildings.

Thought I would add the rendering to the Master Facilities Framework 2023 thread.  

I wonder the architect? Kind of reminds me of Elkus Manfredi.  I know EM has been partnering with both TMC and MDA for a few years already.

FNRwnfh.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

wow! Anderson is projected to spend $155 million on demolition to prepare for the Inpatient Bed Tower.   Can't believe the amount of work is going on to achieve the land needed to build the IBT. Everything is being shifted!  Expect to see MD Anderson's new campus called "South of Holcombe" if everything goes as planned.   Can't wait for the dual towers there!

Request For Qualifications to provide design-build services.

MD Anderson Cancer Center
Demolition of Jones, Bates-Freeman, and Anderson Central Buildings

MD Anderson Project No.: FPDC-230238
RFQ No: Demolition of Jones-Bates-Freeman & Anderson Central – NFM

Submittal Deadline: November 13, 2023 at 3PM

Project Planning Schedule:
Anticipated Commencement of the Utilities Decoupling Work – Summer 2025
Design/Build Contractor achieves Final Completion – Summer 2028

Project Description & Site Information:
This project involves the rerouting and decoupling of utility infrastructure, hazardous
material abatement, and demolition of the Percy and Ruth Leggett Jones Research
Building, Bates-Freeman Building, Anderson Central Building, the Houston Endowment
Inc. Park (The Park), Incinerator Control Building, Contractor Work Building, and Boiler
Building (collectively referred to as the “Demo Zone”). The Demo Zone occupies a space
of approximately 650,000 square feet within the MD Anderson Cancer Center Main
Campus in the Texas Medical Center. The demolition of these facilities is needed to clear
the real estate slated for the construction of a new inpatient bed tower, in alignment with
MD Anderson's Master Facility Framework.

Budget Estimate:
MD Anderson has established a design-build (demolition) budget limitation (DBBL) of
$155,650,000.00 for the project. This amount is the maximum amount that is expected to
be paid to the Design/Build Contractor and includes the Preconstruction Services Fee,
which includes all Design Services fees, all Costs of the Work, all General Conditions
Costs, the Construction Phase Fee, all construction contingencies and any Owner’s
Special Cash Allowances. For a more detailed explanation as to what is included in the
DBBL, refer to the Owner’s Standard Agreement attached to the Request for
Qualifications

UsVdo05.jpg

Mx9tXDt.jpg

lrrxQms.jpg

wHiAp6w.jpg

AAVQjwt.jpg

nEkhFLH.jpg

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

wow! Anderson is projected to spend $155 million on demolition to prepare for the Inpatient Bed Tower.   Can't believe the amount of work is going on to achieve the land needed to build the IBT. Everything is being shifted!  Expect to see MD Anderson's new campus called "South of Holcombe" if everything goes as planned.   Can't wait for the dual towers there!

I think they already call it "South Campus"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

I think they already call it "South Campus"

Sir, that is a different campus.

SOH:

jTekpEg.png

The (old) master plan. Phase 4 now consists of Ambulatory Clinical Building 2 (2ACB) and Ambulatory Clinical Building 3 (3ACB).

Ambulatory Clinical Building Three - $1,547,000,000
Ambulatory Clinical Building Two - $993,000,000

mFr55He.png

XudpUM6.png

• Like 3

Ah, Yes.  My apologies. But let's hope they don't actually plan to call it the "South of Holcombe Campus". 

(1) it's unwieldy and (2) it's not sufficiently descriptive -- They would then have the South Campus, the Mid Campus, and the South of Holcombe Campus, all literally South of Holcombe.

By the way, could you provide a link to the master plan?

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 2

wow!! More details about the Master Facilities Framework from the most recent August 23-24, 2023 Meeting of the U. T. System Board of Regents.

- New view of the Inpatient Bed Tower!
- Parking Garage 5 will be torn down redeveloped!
- The ROC site on Holcombe will be demolished for something bigger! The ROC redevelopment has been in talks for almost a decade!
- A third PTC on the corner of Old Spanish Trail and Fannin!

cxwNShK.jpg

kxWZbYF.jpg

SCraGdh.jpg

Hekgzne.jpg3W4oZqg.jpg

• Like 8

More updates!

Edit: South Campus Garage 2 ( SCG2 ).

A $94 million, 7-story; 600,000 square feet and 1,700 parking space garage should be breaking ground by the end of the year.

Previous Actions:
On January 21, 2020, the Chancellor approved this project for Definition Phase as the South Campus Parking Garage II. On September 21, 2022, the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Capital Projects approved the project name change to South Campus Infrastructure and Parking Garage 2. On November 17, 2022, the project was included in the CIP with a total project cost of $66,400,000 with funding of $34,700,000 from RFS Bond Proceeds, $21,700,000 from Hospital Revenues, and $10,000,000 from Auxiliary Enterprises Balances.

Project Description:
The project includes infrastructure and a parking garage to support further development of U. T. M. D. Anderson Cancer Center's South Campus. The proposed increase in total project cost includes an increase in gross square feet from 400,000 to 600,000 and an increase in parking spaces from 1,100 to 1,700 spaces. The seven-level garage is anticipated to be a free-standing parking structure and is to be located on the institution's South Campus between Bertner Avenue and Cambridge Street, south of Old Spanish Trail

Project Information:
Project Number: 703-1301
CIP Project Type: New Construction
Facility Type: Parking Garage
Gross Square Feet (GSF): 600,000
Parking Garage Spaces: 1,700

Project Milestones:
Construction Notice to Proceed: November 2023
Final Completion: November 2025

0xVQd6J.jpg

YqcxcF7.jpg

L7YK7gH.jpg

MU9SWga.jpg

Rendering includes the proposed garage on the top right corner.3W4oZqg.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Mr. Paco Jones gave us some new details about the proposed and forthcoming Inpatient Bed Tower!  This was posted in another thread, but I thought I would cross-post to the MD Anderson TMC Master Facilities Framework 2030 thread.  The IBT will be a beast! Hopefully it's really not 10-years out.

z1GU4sE.jpg

Demolition zone to make way for the IBT.

3pMgzfU.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bed Tower Mobilization Reshuffles

MD Anderson seeks Construction Manager-at-Risk (CMR) Services for the Bed Tower Mobilization Reshuffles, Project No. 230263. This project involves the extensive renovation of various areas in Anderson (Central/East/West), Alkek and Rose for consolidations and moves of multiple Departments/locations from the Demo Zone, and to support other Bed Tower Mobilization efforts.

You have to click the image to be able to read.

qO1vnwR.png

• Like 1