What Car Would You Want If Money Were No Object?

Nothing but me and my Cadillac

Either way, I'm always up for different designs than the same ones we are seeing from autosellers here in the US.

definitely...from the US and anywhere else though, has anyone notice how alot of cars are amalgamating into a similar design? look at tail lights of certain mercedes, hyundai, daewoo, dodge, ford, etc etc...seems like triangularization is in...

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is a work of Art, and a labor of love for you folks. This is my 1972 Olds Cutlass Supreme I recently restored, full on restoration, media blasted, the whole nine yards, it has taken about a year to complete. Still a couple of tweaks to go.

Please click this link, and you can see a few photos.

http://www.clubhotrod.com/photopost/showph...rt=1&thecat=500

Nice car. My Girlfriend in college had one, it was bitchin. It would get us out to the strip in Lubbock to buy beer in no timel

sevfiv,

I've been noticing that for a while. I find that all autosellers in the US are generating pretty much similar designs.

I have Volvo S60. I like it not just because it's safe, but it has different styling cues than most cars.

If money were no object:

62tbird.jpg

or:

linc6201.jpg

Among new cars, I like the look of Audis, but their quality reputation is poor so I wouldn't buy one.

It is true that a lot of cars are adopting similar design elements like the triangular tailights. The new Mercedes S-Class has a drooping trunk lid like the BMW 7-Series, which is about the last car they should be copying. <_<

I was wondering, if you could have ANY car, what would you get any why?

I currently drive a 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC which I purchased NEW when I was 17, and had to work 3 jobs just to pay it off, but after 8+ years, I still love it as much as I did when it was new! I'm planning to move to Houston in the next few weeks/months and since my Eldorado has 110,000+ miles on it, I might purchase a new car to go with my new lifestyle.

I don't plan (probably can't afford) any of the cars that someone says but one can still dream! I will never trade my Eldorado for any other car, but I need a new one, so I guess I'll have 2!

What is your fantasy car with money being no option? (sorry if I didn't list your favorite, but I'm going to majority) Mine would be a new Porsche Boxster, and hopefully I get one someday!

I'd keep it simple: A Corvette.

• 1 year later...
You mean one of THESE ?!?!

Probe concept in 1985, just think if they had gone with this one ?

oh no - i think i dislike the car just because it is named "Probe."

come to think of it, i don't know about Pontiac's Vibe, either :P

Personally, my grandfather's 1964 Impala or a 1949 MG TC. But these are pretty sweet:

http://www.simpsondesign.net/a_nardi.htm

The owner is an long-ago crony of mine. I've ridden in Blue Ray #2 & used to sit in them and read at the shop before they were restored. ^_^

Now that's groovy, far-out and out of sight! :D

This:3658.jpg
My favorite car is the Continental. I want one in black on black with a black top (al a Entourage opening credits). Throw a stereo in it with some nice wheels and I'm in heaven.The Bentley is a great car. It is based on the VW Phaeton (which is just about as nice, and can be had for a small fraction of the cost) which is a great platform. 200+mph in a four door sedan (in the Bentley or VW), sounds like a winner to me.
If money were no object, I'd have Honda create a hybrid Element that would get better gas mileage than its current 23 mpg. That's my only complaint about the Element.Oh, and more ground clearance wouldn't hurt, either.
There is a reason why the words Hybrid and Hype start with the same two letters.
This the one to choose!It would be great if you rounded up some friends and everyone dresses up like the Kennedy crowd toss in a Jackie-O look-alike and cruise around Houston. Too cool!
hmmm, not sure I would be so comfortable waiting to hear a gunshot and have the girls dress ruined.

Archived