Uptown And Galleria Area Real Estate

Subdude

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not seeing Niche as a blonde.

Feeling his pain about Christmas, maybe.

I grew up in a family that adhered to the traditional Christmas experience, with much doting upon children. Always preferred money over somebody's (mis)perception of what I might want, but I was never ashamed to take either.

In fact, this year, for a white elephant with a $20 limit, I am just going to place a $20 bill in a white envelope without the security markings (so that everyone knows what's in it before someone even decides to select it). They say its really really tacky to do that, but be that as it may, it'll be an interesting experiment to see how quickly it is chosen, how many times it gets passed around, and which of my relatives has the balls to take what they really want in front of everybody...or if the rules suddenly change on me, and I'm disqualified from participating.

Edited by TheNiche

• 1 month later...

I just ran across this gem over at Swamplot.com.

billboard-house-corner.jpg

I've always wondered what kind of person puts a giant billboard in their front yard. I've seen them from the freeway in backyards before, and I guess that's OK because it's a sure stream of revenue that doesn't really reduce the curb appeal of your home. Or maybe a small oil well.. this is Texas, after all. But this, on the other hand, is something different.

4743 Banning Drive is the address listed by Swamplot. Good grief.

There is a weird little block or two stretch on the west side of Afton Oaks that is not officially Afton Oaks and doesn't have deed-restrictions (apparently). I think it may be called Greenwood or something like that.

It's odd because it appears to be Afton Oaks and looks like they have allowed commercial encroachment into their neighborhood. I am surprised Afton Oaks did not create some sort of marker to indicate where their western border is to sort of disassociate themselves with that other area.

• 2 weeks later...
It's odd because it appears to be Afton Oaks and looks like they have allowed commercial encroachment into their neighborhood. I am surprised Afton Oaks did not create some sort of marker to indicate where their western border is to sort of disassociate themselves with that other area.

There's also a billboard in supposedly deed-restricted Westmoreland (on Burlington, visable from Spur 527).

Is it possible that deed restrictions had lapsed sometime in the past, and were reinstated?

• 2 weeks later...
There is a weird little block or two stretch on the west side of Afton Oaks that is not officially Afton Oaks and doesn't have deed-restrictions (apparently). I think it may be called Greenwood or something like that.

They apparently think this is part of their neighborhood. Well, they're fighting it regardless.

If it doesn't violate deed restrictions, since it's not in AO... what makes this an illegal billboard?

From their January newsletter........

Billboard Update

* The City of Houston has filed a motion for summary judgment in its lawsuit against Coastal Signs in the 333rd District Court for the allegedly illegal billboard in the western portion of Afton Oaks. This motion will be heard on February 8, and a trial date for the full case is on the docket for February 11. Meanwhile the sign remains as-is in the 4700 block of Banning, albeit now with landscaping around the massive base.

Edited by Highway6

• The title was changed to Galleria Offices
  • The title was changed to Uptown And Galleria Area Real Estate