Mimosa Terrace: Condominiums At 2240 Mimosa Dr.

Urbannizer

1 minute ago, db650 said:

At one point, the builder bought an entire floor in this building. I wonder what percentage of the 30% is bought by the builder. Developers play all kind of games to show perceived interested in their properties, and "offers" is one of them. Offers don't indicate any interest because we don't know how serious they are. Why would you report an offer that ultimately gets rejected or doesn't go to contract? It's because you don't have actual sales under contract.

Of course.  Developers tell the story they can tell. As you suggested, "sales" don't tell us much more because we don't know how real they are . . .  All promotional statements (which is the same as saying all statements) made by all real estate developers should be taken with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Mimosa Terrace: Proposed 7-Story Condominiums In Upper Kirby
  • The title was changed to Mimosa Terrace: 7-Story Condominiums At 2240 Mimosa Dr.
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, db650 said:

So this project is dead? This permit is for a single family home.

What makes you say that? I would have assumed that "shell structure" indicates multiple interior structures will be built, no? And "Mimosa Terrace" is a weird "facility name" for a single-family home.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 004n063 said:

What makes you say that? I would have assumed that "shell structure" indicates multiple interior structures will be built, no? And "Mimosa Terrace" is a weird "facility name" for a single-family home.

You'd be surprised that even for single family homes you will see names with "LLC" or "Trust" in city documentation. Most of the time this is done for tax purposes. If you want to know how to develop properties and really use money wisely then learn from the wealthy or those with bank who have utilized these practices very effectively.

With that being said its my belief from what I'm seeing its what was shown in the renders and not a single family home. Hey, I could be wrong though. Its a small lot, 5 units at 1000 sqft each with 1 unit taking an entire floor (which is what you see with condo developments...at least I think these are condos). Thats about all I can gain from what has been posted here.

• Like 1

The most recent document posted by Hindesky appears to be for a 5,289 square foot single family residence. This used to be a condo but perhaps they are changing it to a SFH due to lack of demands. They have been trying to sell this condo for many years.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, db650 said:

The most recent document posted by Hindesky appears to be for a 5,289 square foot single family residence. This used to be a condo but perhaps they are changing it to a SFH due to lack of demands. They have been trying to sell this condo for many years.

...it doesn't say single family residential anywhere. Anywhere. I was willing to entertain your idea, but if you are going to double down. Show the evidence. Let me ask you a question, what do you think "private residential" means?

Are you telling me that they lied on the plan review submission? Why does it say in the play review submission "new shell building, apartment" dated feb. 24th? Man "new shell building" and "apartment" definitions have really changed swiftly recently. Now I'm lost. I guess those three story apartment walk-ups I've been drafting were really single-family residential huh? Did they all the sudden within a span of two weeks decided to scrap their previous plans and build a single family home instead...which I have never seen done from my experience in architecture, and submitting projects to cities and looking over planning commission documents.

39 minutes ago, hindesky said:

That is the footprint of the building.

So you think they're building seven stories with a 5,289 footprint on a 12,500 lot? This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Given that 7PH-E is 3,919 square feet and 7PH-W is 4,346 square feet, I don't see how your math adds up. I also checked the floorpans on the Mimosa Terrace website and they are all single story. One option is that they are re-concepting the building and the floorpans are no longer accurate. But in any case, it doesn't make economic sense to only have a 5,289 footprint on this size lot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 3:42 PM, db650 said:

$6 million's a lot to spend on a single-family residential construction. There's more to the story...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am looking for a condo to live in part of the year. I am intrigued by the pet facilities on the terraces. My RE agent went in and they said December 2023 completion. That could not be right. And given at least three of the most expensive units 2-over $5 mil and 1- over $4 mil (according to HAR) what kind of financing could they ever get and I am afraid it will never be built or built shabbily. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions for me. 2-3 bedrooms, pet space no more than 20 minutes from the daughter /grandchildren in Bellaire. My price range has a big bandwidth. up to $2.5 million. And thank you everyone who has contributed to this blog. 

Just now, Sylvie said:

I am looking for a condo to live in part of the year. I am intrigued by the pet facilities on the terraces. My RE agent went in and they said December 2023 completion. That could not be right. And given at least three of the most expensive units 2-over $5 mil and 1- over $4 mil (according to HAR) what kind of financing could they ever get and I am afraid it will never be built or built shabbily. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions for me. 2-3 bedrooms, pet space no more than 20 minutes from the daughter /grandchildren in Bellaire. My price range has a big bandwidth. up to $2.5 million. And thank you everyone who has contributed to this blog. 

The Revere is right around the corner and has a small dog run in the back and pet bathrooms on balconies. It is about two years old and I believe there are a fair number of pets in the building. It just might be a little expensive for your budget but worth seeing what is available as the building sold out.

1 minute ago, db650 said:

The Revere is right around the corner and has a small dog run in the back and pet bathrooms on balconies. It is about two years old and I believe there are a fair number of pets in the building. It just might be a little expensive for your budget but worth seeing what is available as the building sold out.

thanks so much