Houston Pavilions Vs. BLVD Place

Which one will be better?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which one will be better?

• Houston Pavilions - Downtown
    • Boulevard Place - Uptown

I don't know much about either of these projects, but either would be great for Houston.

However, I think The Pavillions is better overall because it is better for the City as a whole.

A new development on Post Oak is nice, but not critical - that area is strong regardless. Meanwhile a project like the Pavillions will really help strengthen downtown and the rest of the city in-turn.

I did not know the Pavilion on Post Oak looked like this in the inside. Its a mall in there! I would have never guessed from looking at the outside.

Here is an article that kind of talks about the new development thats going up there.

p-(52).jpgp-(53).jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I think BLVD Place is clearly the superior development, given what we now know. Two tall towers, Whole Foods, dense shopping, etc. Pavilions will be great, but not on the scale of BLVD Place.

I'll personally probably enjoy Houston Pavilions much more, though, since I work in Houston Center and it's very close

• 6 months later...
Here is an article that kind of talks about the new development thats going up there.

p-(52).jpg

Well, I have to say, of all the photos I have seen of Bryan online, that is the most clothes I have seen on him. . . :P

Picture of the new skywalk under construction:

http://thehoustonmacbro.blogspot.com/2008/...kywalk-for.html

Those skywalks are going up nicely.

Is this an Uptown B. promotional thread ?

For BLVD Place, yup.

• Like 1

blvd place wins with amneties,shopping, ect

but hpavilions will win impact-wise..

sad that hp doesnt have resedential..

disagreed... BLVD Place will be the true tipping point in turning uptown into a world-class shopping/entertaining district... new 5-star hotels, 90-story office buildings, etc. people will be talking about Post Oak Blvd. like they do Rodeo Dr. in 10 yrs.

HP, imo, is just going to be a small piece of the CBD puzzle. i think OPP and Discovery Green will/are having a greater impact on downtown than HP.

• Like 1

disagreed... BLVD Place will be the true tipping point in turning uptown into a world-class shopping/entertaining district... new 5-star hotels, 90-story office buildings, etc. people will be talking about Post Oak Blvd. like they do Rodeo Dr. in 10 yrs.

HP, imo, is just going to be a small piece of the CBD puzzle. i think OPP and Discovery Green will/are having a greater impact on downtown than HP.

well this poll is about BLVD Place and HP not other projects like OPP and DG park

and as far as entertainment is HP wins that category, imo.

i still believe that HP will have a bigger impact in downtown.

I dont know all the facts and figures about uptown, but what new things/amneties will BLVD Place bring to uptown?

and fyi, im on your side on many categories about whats better..i voted for blvd place..

Edited by citizen4rmptown

Agreed... well, kinda. It's obvious now that HP just turned out to be a very risky development (at least that's what the developers think) so i't not going to have near the impact that it could have. But I think it's still a good keystone for downtown. If HP lights some much-needed fire under Houston Center (extending store hours for evening patrons, competing for HP's business, etc.) downtown could end up with a decent little retail hub. Because of Discovery Green and OPP both HP and HC have potential that they've never seen before.

But the Galleria will NEVER lose it's business base to downtown... those are just the cold hard facts. Some people like myself, tend to avoid the Galleria at all costs... especially if it's during weekends. But for others, it's the air that they breathe. BLVD Place is just huge-mongous, and if they build everything they're planning, it'll create the greatest shopping district outside of LA, Chicago and NYC. However I'm still gonna wait until the rail gets built to go see it.

Agreed... well, kinda. It's obvious now that HP just turned out to be a very risky development (at least that's what the developers think) so i't not going to have near the impact that it could have. But I think it's still a good keystone for downtown. If HP lights some much-needed fire under Houston Center (extending store hours for evening patrons, competing for HP's business, etc.) downtown could end up with a decent little retail hub. Because of Discovery Green and OPP both HP and HC have potential that they've never seen before.

But the Galleria will NEVER lose it's business base to downtown... those are just the cold hard facts. Some people like myself, tend to avoid the Galleria at all costs... especially if it's during weekends. But for others, it's the air that they breathe. BLVD Place is just huge-mongous, and if they build everything they're planning, it'll create the greatest shopping district outside of LA, Chicago and NYC. However I'm still gonna wait until the rail gets built to go see it.

Uptown indeed will be huge. Galleria, BLVD Place, High Street, River Oaks District, Highland Village -- that's impressive. All we have now is a damn mall with a damn ice skating rink.

understand but i don't get rid of them cause after 38 yrs i deserve something else.

You always seem to miss the point in things. I think you do that on purpose just to give people a hard time. No one is talking about getting rid of the Galleria, its just time that Houston deserves more in addition to the Galleria after 38 years.

You always seem to miss the point in things. I think you do that on purpose just to give people a hard time. No one is talking about getting rid of the Galleria, its just time that Houston deserves more in addition to the Galleria after 38 years.

i think we'd all welcome something different, however when it's just trying to be the lastest "in" place to go, its lifetime will be limited. houston doesn't need another martini bar, mediocre restaurant, etc. we deserve something better than that.

Edited by musicman

i think we'd all welcome something different, however when it's just trying to be the lastest "in" place to go, its lifetime will be limited. houston doesn't need another martini bar, mediocre restaurant, etc. we deserve something better than that.

Yeah but its better to look at BLVD place as a whole rather than just a bar or a restaurant. With the new hotel, restaurants, shopping, and everything else, this thing is gonna be stellar!

Yeah but its better to look at BLVD place as a whole rather than just a bar or a restaurant. With the new hotel, restaurants, shopping, and everything else, this thing is gonna be stellar!

this is definitely targeting a specific demographic. when is the last time you checked into a houston hotel or went to americas?

Edited by musicman

More shopping options in Uptown would certainly be welcome. I actually shop in Highland Village, and throw down at places like NM, etc, on occasion. I support more variety in shops. Barney's, please!

However, like Musicman, I question the "Houston deserves it" reasoning. Blvd Place will serve a very small percentage of residents and visitors who can afford unnecesary things like cashmere socks and $200 shirts. Houston may like and desire tapas bars and Prada, and Houston may need to cultivate the spending habits of rich people to create revenue, but Houston deserves development that serves the needs of a larger demographic.

Edited by crunchtastic