Houston Pavilions Vs. BLVD Place

Which one will be better?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which one will be better?

• Houston Pavilions - Downtown
    • Boulevard Place - Uptown

Which one will be better? As in Quality, Shopping, Entertanment etc.

Houston Pavilions-Downtown

http://img225.exs.cx/img225/373/newpavilions5ln.jpg

Boulevard Place-Uptown

http://www.wulfe.com/images/PagePhotos/BoulevardPlace_Lg.jpg

Don't think either will be better than the other. Both a little different. The Post Oak one is more fitting for the Uptown area by being a little more spread out. I think it'll be more of a Mall type than an entertainment type place.

I think Houston Pavillons (downtown) will be more entertainment geared with restraunts and bars beside being mainly stores.

Why?

Can there be two? There many stores in the Galleria, but there are many others that the Galleria doesn have. This may have been the reason the Pavillion didn't succeed in the first place. Some store may duplicate and possible move, but not necessarily.

It would be good for Boulevard Place to pull in stores not typical to Houston or Uptown. Then it would be a different than the Galleria.

Prada, Roberto Cavali, D&G, Diesel, Escada, Manolo Blahnik, Jean Paul Gaultier, Hugo Boss, DKNY, Valentino, and others.

True I think it should be a mix of high end designers like the ones mention(which it will probably naturally attract) we can already add Hermes as a new tenant since they agreed to be there, and locally owned boutiques we be fitting of it an a upscale bistro or two

Well, I just wanted to see which one people where more excited about.

*looks at Boulevard place*

*checks serotonin levels*

*looks at Houston Pavilions*

*checks serotonin levels*

*repeats experiment several times*

*performs experiment several times on other people*

*changes a few factors in one group, and makes observations*

*compares all data*

*ensures that the test sample population is random*

*does more tests*

*finlizes results*

*publishes a paper on the results*

*holds a press event*

*wites a book*

*contributes to the scientific, medical, and architectural communities*

*wins a Nobel peace prize*

*wins a Nobel peace prize*

But what were the results!?!?!

Now actually answering citykid's questions. I think quality will be fairly similar maybe with Pavillions a little better. Boulevard will probably have better shopping. Lastly I think Pavillions will have better entertainment. But as for affecting the area I think Pavillions will have a huge impact on Downtown.

Anything to increase the density in uptown is good. I only wish that Uptown Park looked more like Boulevard Place. But it could have been worse I guess, like the generic Container Store/Oshman's strip center.

I still blame the city's "what could it have been" theory on the oil bust in the early *80's

Houston should have twice the amount of dense buildings by now if we did not go through that horrible recession which killed so many great building projects only to be replaced by cheap strip centers.

But then again, those strip centers are just place holders for future developements, the Boulevard Place.

I am all for it, uptown all the way!

Anything to increase the density in uptown is good.  I only wish that Uptown Park looked more like Boulevard Place.  But it could have been worse I guess, like the generic Container Store/Oshman's strip center.

I still blame the city's "what could it have been" theory on the oil bust in the early *80's

Houston should have twice the amount of dense buildings by now if we did not go through that horrible recession which killed so many great building projects only to be replaced by cheap strip centers.

But then again, those strip centers are just place holders for future developements, the Boulevard Place.

I am all for it, uptown all the way!

That Container store is ugly! Mabe in the future they will look around them and notice that they look out of place. I like the look of that new resturant where FAO Swartizs??? use to be.

They tried to dress up that strip center with a renovation 2 years ago, but the shopping center with the Grand Lux/old FAO is much nicer.

They did really good with removing the Exxon a few years back too and replacing it with the Starbucks building.

If they were smarter, they would have moved up the Starbucks right to the corner of the street, like the one by my house on Westhiemer and Fountainview. That Starbucks is a small gem, since it is right on the corner of the interesection, litereally.

But for the Westhiemer and Post Oak one, they decided a drive through would be better in between the building and the intersection.

That is Houston for you, more interest in car friendly, rather than pedestrian friendly buildings.

I say, bring all the shopping centers to the street, create parrallel parking along Post Oak with a wide tree lined sidewalk, and place the rest of the parking in the rear of the shopping centers.

The only real difference is that there will be 2 entrances to the stores, a street side and a parking lot side.

If developers would only listen they could create activity on the sidewalk.

Think about this, how much nicer would a CVS pharmacy look if it was on the corner of the intersection connected to the main sidewalk, rather than having 2 rows of parking in front of it, and then the sidewalk.

But I digress. . .

*knock knock*

hello!?!?!

They've been rebuilding the uptown area for the past 4 years. Where have you been?

Have you not seen the new condos, new shopping centers, new freewway upgrades, and even the cute new metro bus stops.

Come on now!