Houston Pavilions Vs. BLVD Place

Which one will be better?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which one will be better?

• Houston Pavilions - Downtown
    • Boulevard Place - Uptown

How much will cost the state or Houston to feed approx 25k people indefinitely. Reality is, these people, unfortunately lost everything, most have nowhere to go. who's going to bus them back to new orleans? I hate to sound crass but I'm thinking for most, it's better than pre katrina. 3 free meals, air conditioned, medical care.

also let's be real here, it's not like a once a year thing, that everyone comes together for a charity event. it's the first week and already you hear some negatives. give it 3 months, just how many volunteers do you think will keep this ongoing? do you have patience for some people who are ungrateful? they are literally living in the dome.

It greats and wonderful that some houstonians open their homes for them. but imagine, are they going to kick them out?

I have to agree it's the moral and humane thing to do to help our fellow Americans. but eventually, your brain will make you realize, what are you going to do with that family who's living in your house for the last 6 months?

Yeah,  how does that affect it.  The city is still running and running fairly well after taking in all of these evacuees.  Developers and the city aren't going to stop because of this.  Nor should they.

Hey,

Houston along with the rest of Texas has been placed under the umbrella for FEMA for reimbursment. The state of Texas along with counties and municipalities will get reimbursed for their work. Yes, we are putting upfront costs, but we will be supplemented.

Also, much of the workers are volunteers and other workers are performing their paying jobs anyway.

So in the end, I don't think it'll hurt our economic situation and these proposed projects.

I love Post Oak Boulevard's renderings, but I think Houston Pavilions is needed much more in Downtown.

Both will mean mad success to Houston.

If they also help out Houston's nightlife, between 7pm and 7am, I think it will be a change for our city in so many positive ways.

FINALLY YOU AND I AGREE ON SOMETHING!

• 3 weeks later...
Bu the way, here's some EXTREMELY beautiful pix of Houston, plus four more renderings of Houston Pavilions on this page as well...

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/lofivers...php/t13835.html

Impressive collection of pictures and great marketing skills. I'd vote for him for mayor when I move back to Houston B)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd like to hear more about "RivaPlace". I'm assuming it's the same project.

I think Boulevard will have a tremendous impact on Uptown. The efforts are to make it more pedestrian, which it is far from being at this time. The businesses and developments need to be brought to the streets, to the edge of Post Oak Blvd, and not separated from them by huge parking lots. This new development will help to do that.

Once that is done, our attention will be turned to the previously-mentioned strip center that contains the Container Store. Though it has been re-done recently, I'm hoping it too will be razed and replaced by something that brings the businesses to the street.

And if you think people can't physically walk down Post Oak, I think they can. I tried shopping at the Galleria the Friday before Christmas this year and parked in the lot for the Container Store strip center (What is that development's name?), only at the very far end of the center. Believe me, from the looks of all the people walking along Post Oak, I wasn't the only one.

A Pedestrian Post Oak....years, years, years away, but a definate possiblity. ESPECIALLY when the light rail line is built.

well is it even gonna get built in the same fashion that they show in the pictures, because i remember Citykid09 or someone saying that it's just going to be another "one of many" Houston- style strip malls.

I hope it happens but are there any updates? What's going on?

y'all have to realize that, Boulevard Place woud be a greater impact then Downtown's Pavilions. Uptown already have the people, the tourrist there. They're going to cater to this project reguardless, while downtown is still in the building stage trying to get people there.

I'll say, Boulevard Place would be a better.

That's interesting. You just proved the opposite of your argument. If Uptown already has lots of shoppers and tourists, adding another shopping center won't add many more. Downtown however, does not have lots of shoppers and tourists, so a development that brings them in will make a big impact.

Again, I think it's likely that the Houston Pavillions will have a greater IMPACT on its surrounding location, but I have to admit that Boulevard Place seems to be more ambitous. For one, you have a greater amount of residential units involved and probably an equal-to-greater amount of retail. Face it, Uptown is probably going to be the city's top retail location for the next fifty years, and will be one of the nation's largest retail districts for even longer.

Nevertheless, HP is going to have a really noticeable impact on the path of downtown development. I mean, huge.