Houston Pavilions Vs. BLVD Place

Which one will be better?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which one will be better?

• Houston Pavilions - Downtown
    • Boulevard Place - Uptown

More shopping options in Uptown would certainly be welcome. I actually shop in Highland Village, and throw down at places like NM, etc, on occasion. I support more variety in shops. Barney's, please!

However, like Musicman, I question the "Houston deserves it" reasoning. Blvd Place will serve a very small percentage of residents and visitors who can afford unnecesary things like cashmere socks and $200 shirts. Houston may like and desire tapas bars and Prada, and Houston may need to cultivate the spending habits of rich people to create revenue, but Houston deserves development that serves the needs of a larger demographic.

i agree completely especially with my budget :P

AMAZING! You guys act as if there aren't any low end shops and restaurants in other parts of town to choose from. I'm a low end shopper myself since I buy my gear fromt Citi-Trends, but Houston trying to be a world class city should be able to offer a variety from low end to high end. And plus, this is the Galleria Area. UPTOWN!!! What else do you expect?

This IS one of Houston's premier areas.

Edited by tierwestah

AMAZING! You guys act as if there aren't any low end shops and restaurants in other parts of town to choose from. I'm a low end shopper myself since I buy my gear fromt Citi-Trends, but Houston trying to be a world class city should be able to offer a variety from low end to high end. And plus, this is the Galleria Area. UPTOWN!!! What else do you expect?

This IS one of Houston's premier areas.

so having a new hotel, restaurants, shopping results in a world class city? you're sounding like Peter Brown now.

so having a new hotel, restaurants, shopping results in a world class city? you're sounding like Peter Brown now.

I think you know that those things alone don't make a world class city. However, they do contribute.

Let's not get ridiculous again :)

• The title was changed to Downtown's Pavilions Vs. Uptown's BLVD Place
  • The title was changed to Houston Pavilions Vs. BLVD Place