Urbannizer

Yeah I think it's the northeast corner - if it was replacing the Chase bank drive-thru they wouldn't have said "one block north of market square".  And the northwest corner would mean they would be jutting over the bayou - the rendering looks a full block wide, and a half block deep

Nine stories of parking and new groundfloor retail replacing those sketchy TOC Bar surface lots one block from my bar I want to kiss this developer on the mouth.

I've been meaning to check out your bar but at the same time I'm trying to drink less. Is it casual?  Can I show up in trainers and jeans?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Over the weekend, all of the parking curbs and meters were stripped from this lot, leaving a completely blank surface.  There are orange cones preventing would-be parkers from entering the lot.  I will keep an eagle eye out for future developments (utilities marking would come next, I suspect; followed by core samples).

Also there is a wild and skin-of-teeth-substantiated rumor/theory that Spaghetti Warehouse (a block away) is looking to build a garage and movement on this is related to their outreach.  Apparently they approached the Bayou Lofts about buying their garage several months ago, which was/is nearly at full capacity.

26832093352_57fabbbf7f_b.jpg

Edited by adr
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...