Potential Supertall For The Galleria Area

Avossos

• 1 month later...

Has there been any additional information (I joined HAIF after the most recent post and am just getting caught up on this thread) on this since April? I figure the really big projects will take a long time to gestate, but can't help being a little impatient. I like the idea of a "book end" supertall on the north end of Uptown to complement the Transco Tower on the south end.

Has there been any additional information (I joined HAIF after the most recent post and am just getting caught up on this thread) on this since April? I figure the really big projects will take a long time to gestate, but can't help being a little impatient. I like the idea of a "book end" supertall on the north end of Uptown to complement the Transco Tower on the south end.

Oh yes, there have been huge developments on this front. All the sources here have been hiding information about it. So far we have 3 proposals. One is 90 stories, the other two are about 80 stories. Ground floor retail.. possible grocery store. No skybridges.. need to make people walk outside. Bike accessible. They are thinking about tying in the Uptown line with this development to make it both car and mass transit friendly. The city got Culberson to agree to this. Hines is the developer, duh. Pickard Chilton is the architect firm. Tower has a nice crown on top with LED features on all sides. The mayor is giving this development a $50 million tax credit. Expect groundbreaking next month in time for the Superbowl. We gotta show this baby off just in time for the cameras. 

:lol:

Oh yes, there have been huge developments on this front. All the sources here have been hiding information about it. So far we have 3 proposals. One is 90 stories, the other two are about 80 stories. Ground floor retail.. possible grocery store. No skybridges.. need to make people walk outside. Bike accessible. They are thinking about tying in the Uptown line with this development to make it both car and mass transit friendly. The city got Culberson to agree to this. Hines is the developer, duh. Pickard Chilton is the architect firm. Tower has a nice crown on top with LED features on all sides. The mayor is giving this development a $50 million tax credit. Expect groundbreaking next month in time for the Superbowl. We gotta show this baby off just in time for the cameras. 

Lol. Fair enough.

Oh yes, there have been huge developments on this front. All the sources here have been hiding information about it. So far we have 3 proposals. One is 90 stories, the other two are about 80 stories. Ground floor retail.. possible grocery store. No skybridges.. need to make people walk outside. Bike accessible. They are thinking about tying in the Uptown line with this development to make it both car and mass transit friendly. The city got Culberson to agree to this. Hines is the developer, duh. Pickard Chilton is the architect firm. Tower has a nice crown on top with LED features on all sides. The mayor is giving this development a $50 million tax credit. Expect groundbreaking next month in time for the Superbowl. We gotta show this baby off just in time for the cameras.

When you said "ground floor retail" I knew it was a hoax.

Even with your smiley face, I still think this was a pretty dick statement. The person mentioned he was fairly new to HAIF. I'm sure the lame smiley face did wonders to smooth it over. 

When you said "ground floor retail" I knew it was a hoax.

If he had said "GFR", would it have been more believable?  ;-)

On another note, I don't think we've heard from Rep. Culberson lately.  Or even from anyone trashing him.  It makes me think that everyone has gotten tired of participating in the rail-on-Richmond controversy for a while.

Even with your smiley face, I still think this was a pretty dick statement. The person mentioned he was fairly new to HAIF. I'm sure the lame smiley face did wonders to smooth it over. 

The anti-butthurt button is red and is in the corner of your browser, usually with an X on it.

I know, I'm just playing.  :) I'm not sure how much you frequent this forum but I usually welcome all our new guests when I notice it as evidenced in many threads.

I sincerely apologize if you were offended, houstontexasjack. No news yet but there are certainly rumors swirling around. This forum will certainly be buzzing when there is something found. Non-jokingly, last word on the block was an 80-85 story tower planned on the east side of downtown near Minute Maid but that information was never confirmed nor denied.

I wonder if the stained reputation and ongoing controversy over the former Deyaar ceo might impact the company's willingness to develop its land at Richmond & Post Oak.  Apparently, he was responsible for the directing Deyaar to pay a grossly inflated price in a Nov 2007 Houston transaction (I assume it's the Richmond & Post Oak piece) which is one of several transactions that subsequently triggered fraud, embezzlement, and conspiracy charges against him.  If it interests you guys, look him up:  Zack Shahin.  There's quite a drama going on about this guy here in Houston and in Dubai.

I appreciate the support, but took no offense to the comment. I additionally am glad to hear of at least rumors of an 80-85 story building Downtown (rumors with a scintilla of reliability bring hope, which as Andy DuFrense reminded us in "Shawshank Redemption," is a good thing).

Unfortunately, as a litigator, I mainly get to hear about when buildings are being stopped and delayed rather than constructed. My experience has been that, when in doubt, it never hurts to ask for information.  :)

I appreciate the support, but took no offense to the comment. I additionally am glad to hear of at least rumors of an 80-85 story building Downtown (rumors with a scintilla of reliability bring hope, which as Andy DuFrense reminded us in "Shawshank Redemption," is a good thing).

Unfortunately, as a litigator, I mainly get to hear about when buildings are being stopped and delayed rather than constructed. My experience has been that, when in doubt, it never hurts to ask for information. :)

Shawshank! One of my favorite movies. May have to watch it again. And I agree., a little hope is a good thing!

• The title was changed to Potential Supertall For The Galleria Area

Archived