Marvin Zindler's Eeeeeeyewitness Head

editor

One of my friends was on Marvin's segment when we were in elementary school, and I knew he was old then, but not that old!

That man needs to retire. I am surprised he hasn't yet, though if he did I bet it would be big news.

You too, sev? A girl I work with in Lexington lived here in Houston for awhile too. We joked about his spots constantly... I always was creeped out by the "Cockroach Report" - what was the exact name again? On most trips to the ice maker, you can hear one of us saying, "There's SLIIIIIIME in the ice machine!"

Thinking on this now, I realize it's probably not a Good Idea to do in front of anyone not from Houston.

Marvin's been in the public eye for a l-o-n-g time. Ever see pictures of him from the early 50's? Big nose, no chin, no cheekbones...

To his credit, he was always very upfront about his surgeries; he even did news segments on them. And you gotta admire how he sticks up for ordinary people whose problems are otherwise met with indifference.

• 10 months later...
Anybody have the file? I wanna send it to a friend....

The chron had several early pictures of Marvin (some from the fifties) with the feature they did on him last sunday in the Zest magazine section. I couldn't find the pics online though.

here is the article:

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive....id=2006_4129318

Edited by gnu

The chron had several early pictures of Marvin with the feature they did on him last sunday in the Zest magazine section. I couldn't find the pics online though.

here is the article:

Here is a cool story behind the whole chicken Ranch episode. They should make a real movie abou this. The Musical was horrible. Of course I was 10 or so when I saw it. I do remember some nudity, so that was cool.

ABC News Chicken Ranch

The chron had several early pictures of Marvin (some from the fifties) with the feature they did on him last sunday in the Zest magazine section. I couldn't find the pics online though.

here is the article:

Thanks, but it was a video file of him puttering across the frame while Ed Brandon was doing the weather.