Ben Milam Hotel At 1521 Texas Ave.

Looks like we were all pretty close.

I'm a bit surprised how close we could get. Though I guess the building isn't especially big. Still though, it was about half the distance of the last couple demolitions I went to.

And my video since I seem to have been in the wrong thread before.

Edited by YakuzaIce

I was to the left of you near the intersection. Were you the one with the tripod?

I was in a row of tripods on the sidewalk behind at to the left of the police car that was stationed in the parking lot..

OH, and the Chronicle was filming behind us so I'm on their video :unsure:

Does anyone have any pictures of the site now? I was down there for the demo, but I ran from the dust and haven't had a chance to see what was left.

Here is one that I took immediately after the dust cleared. I meant to take some yesterday but forgot on my way home. I can try and get some if you want - I walk past it every morning/afternoon on the way to and from work.

And Purdueenginerd - I think that it may be because Norton Rose and Fulbright & Jaworski merged to create a very huge law firm. Only specualtion but that is the only reason I can think as to why the Mail would cover it

post-9970-0-28805700-1355242080_thumb.jp

Edited by arrodiii

Daily Mail is a tabloid type paper that will print whatever it finds interesting, especially stuff with pictures or video.

Exactly. The guy had a "story" up about it way before contacting me. There are tons of errors in it and it got buried as soon as it was posted!