Historic Houston Visionaries & Most Prominent Socialites

Gary

Joanne Johnson King Herring Davis still outshines them all. I have read she is invited to almost every major event throughout the world and is always the center of attention at each event she attends.

L-to-R-Joanne-King-Herring-.jpg

Joanne King, pictured here in 2006, with Jane Curtin, Carolyn Farb, and Michelle Williams

Joanne has been around for a very long time, but she is just a regular compared to Lynn. Becca even said there will probably never be another socialite from Houston or Texas that has the celebrity and know status of Lynn Wyatt.

• Like 1

Joanne has been around for a very long time, but she is just a regular compared to Lynn. Becca even said there will probably never be another socialite from Houston or Texas that has the celebrity and know status of Lynn Wyatt.

Well I can tell you one thing for sure: there will never be a Houston socialite up to her ears in an oil for food scandle by way of her hubby. I wonder if she and Oscar are footing any of their buddy Saddam's defense costs?

Anyway, besides her involvement with one of Saddam's enabelers, I nominate her as Houston's Most Anorexic Socialite. What a grand example to represent our city: "Oh looky! Theres Lynn Wyatt at the opera. I wonder if Saddam or Oscar gave her the jewels?"

• Like 1

Well I can tell you one thing for sure: there will never be a Houston socialite up to her ears in an oil for food scandle by way of her hubby. I wonder if she and Oscar are footing any of their buddy Saddam's defense costs?

Anyway, besides her involvement with one of Saddam's enabelers, I nominate her as Houston's Most Anorexic Socialite. What a grand example to represent our city: "Oh looky! Theres Lynn Wyatt at the opera. I wonder if Saddam or Oscar gave her the jewels?"

Lynn is a strong woman with or without Oscar, even if he is in trouble with the U.S. government. There is nothing that she can't handle. "Have ya ever seen her at a party or dinner?", Lynn loves to eat! ; and she sure isnt going to let her husband's mishaps turn her into a scared recluse.

• Like 1

Lynn is a strong woman with or without Oscar, even if he is in trouble with the U.S. government. :lol: There is nothing that she can't handle. :P "Have ya ever seen her at a party or dinner?", Lynn loves to eat! :o ; and she sure isnt going to let her husband's mishaps turn her into a scared recluse :ph34r: .

I was thinking more along the line of Prison Drab and powdered eggs for Lynn and a big ol' diaper for Oscar.

But don't worry, trash like her and Oscar always get off. It's just the way things work nowadays

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm on a roll tonight, dredging up old posts and what-not.

Erica Rose may consider herself an upcoming socialite, but her inability to keep her mouth shut in certain situations leads many to believe she'll never be more than "that girl from the Bachelor."

• Like 1

I have a Sunday Early Edition of the Chronicle and on the front page is Houston socialite Joanne Herring. She's being portrayed by Julia Roberts in the upcoming movie "Charlie Wilson's War":

Julia Roberts as Joanne Herring:

charliepj4.jpg

Joanne Herring (far left):

L-to-R-Joanne-King-Herring-.jpg

Edited by KimberlySayWhat
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Most Prominent Socialites

I couldn't find the pioneering Houston families topic. I thought this thread would be similar to discuss River Oaks socialites.

I've recently been reading about oil heiress families.  Margaret Alkek and Susan Sarofim have done a lot for Houston, and for medical center.  Alkek especially!

Margaret Alkek always matched her necklace with the dress. She is the most high-class person ever.

FedB4zS.jpeg

TANsFKO.jpeg

Fayez and Susan.

8Zuv6PI.jpeg

• The title was changed to Historic Houston Visionaries & Most Prominent Socialites