Sheila Jackson Lee

TJones

I think MJ was innocent and I liked what Lee said. It is just my opinion.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that your a Christian. Unfortunately, it sounds like your not using the common sense that God gave you. Jackson, who had a plethora of problems, IS NOT worthy of any type of legislation, period.

What the hell is happening to this country!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. What Snopes disputes is the idea that Michael Jackson contributed nothing to society except for his artwork; Snopes quoted a Los Angeles Times article that describes some of his pilantrophic deeds.

Actually it seems to all be true.

2. If you mean years later from the date OJ got a criminal trial acquittal...

He was found guilty in 2008. OJ's acquittal came in 1995. If anything this shows how stupid OJ is; he could have remained free, but he continued making bad choices and got caught.

And how many years later was that? 

1. What Snopes disputes is the idea that Michael Jackson contributed nothing to society except for his artwork; Snopes quoted a Los Angeles Times article that describes some of his pilantrophic deeds.

2. If you mean years later from the date OJ got a criminal trial acquittal...

He was found guilty in 2008. OJ's acquittal came in 1995. If anything this shows how stupid OJ is; he could have remained free, but he continued making bad choices and got caught.

Oj was acquited in the states case against him, but was found guilty of the wrongful death of Goldman and battery of Brown in the civil case.

If there had been as much press coverage of McMahon and Fawcett's deaths as there was over MJ's, Ms. Lee would have been there too. It's just a fact of life that she's an unrepentant, useless famewhore.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2009/07/funeral_cameras_yep_sheila_jac.php

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2009/07/sheila_jackson_lee_honors_mich.php

I don't know why we all continue to be amazed by this. She's *always* been this way. :rolleyes:

No not really I am too young.

I think he was guilty from what I have seen down the road on TV. I can not call OJ a murder because he was exonerated on that accusation and it will be slander to do so. He is in prison now for the rest of his life basicly for another crime so why don't people just get over it? I think MJ was innocent and I liked what Lee said. It is just my opinion.

Get over it ? Your right, "OJ was not a murder", just a murderer. Using your logic, MJ would be guilty as well. After all, OJ was exonerated, MJ was exonerated.

If MJ gets a national holiday then Elvis should get one as well, wouldn't that be fair for the "King of Rcok & Roll", and Elvis isn't even self-proclaimed.

Get over it ? Your right, "OJ was not a murder", just a murderer. Using your logic, MJ would be guilty as well. After all, OJ was exonerated, MJ was exonerated.

If MJ gets a national holiday then Elvis should get one as well, wouldn't that be fair for the "King of Rcok & Roll", and Elvis isn't even self-proclaimed.

:lol::lol::lol:

Love her or hate her, and most hate her, she knows how to get the cameras, and she knows how to get the cameras on her issues. She gets s#!t done.

Not really. Besides, her only issue is promoting herself. She's an utter waste of space, and I feel cheated because she's my rep and never does anything remotely useful.

Love her or hate her, and most hate her, she knows how to get the cameras, and she knows how to get the cameras on her issues. She gets s#!t done.

She's more like a slightly upgraded version of Quanell X: She will shift her focus on things that will bring her camera time at the expense of down and dirty things that NEED to get done.

You're kidding me! Can you reveal your uncle's identity? Was he a public figure?

He wasn't my uncle nor was he wasn't a public figure. He worked for the City of Houston in the technology department and was a friendly guy, so he was well known by people in a lot of positions throughout city government and even outside of city government. During a game of basketball with friends, he collapsed and died without any warning such as chest clutching or stating that he felt ill. It was shocking to say the least since he seemed to be in good health. His funeral had so many folks in attendance that many of us family members had to sit in the balcony at Wheeler Avenue Baptist Church. It takes a lot of people to fill up the lower level at Wheeler and it kind of ticked me off because family members usually get priority seating with the rest of the family members in the center rows, but a bunch of his coworkers in a group close to 100 deep stole a section of seats which is why we were forced into the balcony. But enough about seating woes, at least we had a good view of people on the first level snickering and rolling their eyes as Sheila came in with her trademark red suit and hairdo that hasn't been changed since 1995. I suspect him being well known in the community was the main reason why Sheila was there. From what I've heard, Sheila's daughter was good friends with his daughter so I think that had something to do with it too, but that makes it even worse. How do you confuse the name of your daughter's friend with that of her mother?

I think it's also worth mentioning that Barbara Jordan once held the position that Jackson-Lee holds. I'm pretty sure if she were here today, Jordan would not like what's going on with the person who represents her old seat.

That is assuming that Elvis is dead.

...as Sheila came in with her trademark red suit and hairdo that hasn't been changed since 1995.

Does anybody remember that old urban myth about the woman that suddenly died and when they went to prepare her body for embalment and took her hair down that was always up in a bum, a nest of black widow spiders crawled out? I think of that everytime I see SJL. Blackwidow spider head.

I think it's also worth mentioning that Barbara Jordan once held the position that Jackson-Lee holds. I'm pretty sure if she were here today, Jordan would not like what's going on with the person who represents her old seat.

I'm sure Mickey Leeland's sentiments would be the same as BJ's.

Interesting Note: I never realized that Barbara Jordan was a lesbian.

I'm sure Mickey Leeland's sentiments would be the same as BJ's.

Interesting Note: I never realized that Barbara Jordan was a lesbian.

Unlike Mickey Leeland who got an airport terminal named after him in death (seems irnoically macabre seeing as he died in a plane crash), I think Shelia won't get anything named after her. Perhaps a line of long life video camera batteries will get her name, but that's probably about it. :rolleyes:

That's what everyone says now. I didn't realize she was a lesbian until I read some biographical information about her a few years back. Even though she had a partner for 30 years, she really knew how to keep that info, as well as info on her declining health in later years on the down low. I also know that she wasn't really prissy and was able to get along with some of the good ole' boys of 1960s Texas politics, going out for drinks with them and such. In a book about her life, I recall reading that in one instance she walked into a room where a bunch of good ole' boy politicians were and one of them was saying something like "and then I told that ole' sumbitch...", when he saw her walking in, he apologized for cursing in front of a lady to which she replied in the manner of "well, if he's a sumbitch, he's a sumbitch." :P

I only saw Barbara Jordan once in real life. It was the early 1990s and she came to a Sunday Morning service at Wheeler Avenue Baptist Church. I don't remember if she did a guest sermon or not, but I remember she did speak and she was in the wheelchair by then. I vividly remember when she died, I was in the 3rd grade and it was history project time, and someone had to make a last minute alteration to their history project on Barbara Jordan to tell that she'd died. Her funeral was at Good Hope Baptist Church in the neighborhood and the news was covered by all of the local stations for days, and for some reason I clearly remember that Lady Bird Johnson was interviewed and one of the local news helicopters had live video of the hearse carrying her body from Austin to Houston as it passed through what looked like a rural area. The memory that stands out the most was when Bill Clinton's presidential motorcade came down S. MacGregor. I was standing in the driveway with my family waiting for it. I saw that big Fleetwood limo float down the road surrounded by motorbikes and HPD and I began waving at Ole' Bubba. I could see him really well through the glass and he was waving back while Henry Cisneros just stared at us with a monolithic expression on his face. There's a family video of his motorcade passing by somewhere, but I don't know where it is.

And to get the topic on track, I'm pretty sure Shelia was at the funeral. If she spoke I don't know, but if she did, her thunder was no doubt stolen by Bill.

Sheila story: When Jet Propulsion Laboratories landed the Mars Lander Rover on Mars and was driving around on the surface, several members of Congress were invited to the command center to watch. Sheila Jackson-Lee asked them if they had located the flag that the astronauts had planted on Mars yet.

Sheila story: When Jet Propulsion Laboratories landed the Mars Lander Rover on Mars and was driving around on the surface, several members of Congress were invited to the command center to watch. Sheila Jackson-Lee asked them if they had located the flag that the astronauts had planted on Mars yet.

Hence the name by which I always refer to her: Space Cadet Sheila

Not really. Besides, her only issue is promoting herself. She's an utter waste of space, and I feel cheated because she's my rep and never does anything remotely useful.

Don't feel too bad. My congressman was Tom DeLay for several years. I hope you don't have to hold out for a resignation before she is replaced. You may have a long wait because the press seems to tolerate her. Oh well....good luck to you anyway. You have my sympathies.

Don't feel too bad. My congressman was Tom DeLay for several years. I hope you don't have to hold out for a resignation before she is replaced. You may have a long wait because the press seems to tolerate her. Oh well....good luck to you anyway. You have my sympathies.

DeLay was a waste of space as well, and the poster boy for what went wrong with the Republicans. At least Sheila is consistent in her actions, and doesn't seem to lie too much.

Dang Sheila, must you show up EVERYWHERE? Farrakhan can't even take a pic with Karrine Steffans without you trying to steal the thunder! For those who don't know, Karrine was a, um, I guess you can call her a model who appeared in adult videos and music videos, earned the nickname "Superhead" and wrote a tell all book about all the guys in Hollywood she's been with. Her book was all the rage about 3 years ago. She used to be with Bill Maher of all guys, now I think she's with the guy who played Eddie Winslow on Family Matters. Just chalk her up as another person who became a mini celeb because they sleep around.

louis-farrakhan-and-supahead.jpg

Sheila looks like she's in camera seeking mode, lol.

Dang Sheila, must you show up EVERYWHERE? Farrakhan can't even take a pic with Karrine Steffans without you trying to steal the thunder! For those who don't know, Karrine was a, um, I guess you can call her a model who appeared in adult videos and music videos, earned the nickname "Superhead" and wrote a tell all book about all the guys in Hollywood she's been with. Her book was all the rage about 3 years ago. She used to be with Bill Maher of all guys, now I think she's with the guy who played Eddie Winslow on Family Matters. Just chalk her up as another person who became a mini celeb because they sleep around.

louis-farrakhan-and-supahead.jpg

Sheila looks like she's in camera seeking mode, lol.

I'll bet Farrakhan was pissed off about this photo after he found out who she was.

I'll bet Farrakhan was pissed off about this photo after he found out who she was.

Going by his smile, he might have known who she was. Or maybe he was truly ignorant about her so called claim to fame and was just glad that some random pretty young thang wanted to take a photo with him. As some men get older, it appears they get happier whenever young women want to take photos with them. This may be the case with Farrakhan as it appears that he may now be a Geritol drinker. :P

i'm glad i don't know who she is.

Even if you don't know who she is (or don't want to know for that matter), it still works because Sheila is crashing a picture.

sheila jackson lee is what happens when people vote based on skin color rather than character.

That's a pretty offensive statement. I vote for Shelia basically because there is never a palatable alternative. Race has nothing to do with it. You should think twice on your assumptions on why people vote as they do rather than carelessly tossing down the reverse racism card. And as far as character goes the lack thereof seems to be pretty widespread amongst many of our choices at the polls, Shelia by no means has any monopoly on this. The situation, more often than not, is hold your nose and vote for the least offensive candidate.

It could be said that this post is what happens when people want to call Blacks ignorant without coming right out and saying it.

How does one explain Marion Barry getting reelected mayor of DC AFTER being convicted and serving time in federal prison for crack possession? He pleads guilty to failure to pay taxes. He then fails his drug tests. There is a role model for you.

Hell, I will come right out and say it. Some blacks are ignorant. Also, some whites, Latinos, Asians, Indians, Jews, Catholics, Muslims, Buddhists, Quakers, Irish, French, Canadians, plummers, dog catchers, teachers, Italians, Germans, South Dakotans, Californians, especially Californians. Who did I leave out?

It could be said that this post is what happens when people want to call Blacks ignorant without coming right out and saying it.

goto250us has a point. Blacks are no more ignorant than the rest of the voting public...which is to say, the majority of blacks are ignorant of politics and issues, as are non-blacks. The apparent differences in behavioral patterns amongst various members of Congress can be explained away through analysis of the cultural composition of their constituency.

How does one explain Marion Barry getting reelected mayor of DC AFTER being convicted and serving time in federal prison for crack possession? He pleads guilty to failure to pay taxes. He then fails his drug tests. There is a role model for you.

Hell, I will come right out and say it. Some blacks are ignorant. Also, some whites, Latinos, Asians, Indians, Jews, Catholics, Muslims, Buddhists, Quakers, Irish, French, Canadians, plummers, dog catchers, teachers, Italians, Germans, South Dakotans, Californians, especially Californians. Who did I leave out?

Hmmmmmmmm, who knew dogcatcher was a race ?

I don't see where he called blacks ignorant. That seems to be coming from you. Perhaps he was implying minorities are less educated in which a strong case could be made by looking at test scores and drop-out rates at various schools. It does not mean they are less capable of learning than others just that the environment is different and many lack family values with emphasis on education. I agree there seems to be a greater disparity of blacks that vote based on candidates color more so than other races. Marian Barry is a good example along with Ray Naigan.  I understand the African American solidarity but clearly those candidates were obviously not chosen for their leadership. 

Archived