Dallas Cowboys Stadium

What has Houston got to feel inferior about. There have already been 2 superbowls in Houston. 0 in Dallas. Furthermore, I wouldn't trade Reliant Stadium and it's good location for the new Arlington Football Stadium and its crappy location any day. Inferior. You're funny.

I wonder how many Houston people went to the Dallas based forums on the day Superbowl 38 was announced to gloat. Anytime anything happens in Dallas you plexers head straight to HAIF to stir the $h!+. Now that's what I call an inferiority complex!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know what's "just so .. Houston"? Pathetic, jealous, whining about what Dallas has.

Just continue with your wallowing in that inferiority complex. It's darn entertaining to watch.

Jealous about what? We have an NFL team, an MLB team, two superbowls under our belt and in-town stadiums for our three major league sports teams. Oh! I feel so inferior to the giant known as Irving/Arlington and their sidekick, Dallas.

AN interesting post from SSP:

My fears are echoed in this thread. This may be the most spread out Superbowl of all time. I think the individual pieces are actually great, but wow, one will likely have to rent a car just to get around. If they're smart they will try to put as much in one location as they can or its bon voyage to any chance of another.

I'm gland someone put the real situation with the stadium as far as Dallas not getting it. It really was frustrating how those in charge ran with it. Even to other County chairpeople. I just hate how the wrong people are always blamed in this situation. Those who were wrong should be the ones villified.

Things thrown out on the news:

- DFW BARELY won the bid. Normally there's one vote and one city will win by a 75% majority. This vote had to happen 4 times, and DFW won 17 to 15 over Indianapolis. I really thought Indy's bid was better, except they have nothing close to the cluster of hotels in Dallas, nor do they quite the upcoming stadium. Their experience and central location of events should have won them the bid and almost did.

- Dallas proper has more hotels than the rest of the metroplex combined

- They expect a few events in DTFW, a few at the Gaylord and most in DT Dallas. I'm guessing this changes a lot. I'm curious as to which hotels formally are part of the bid.

Exactly. It's so much easier to have your NFL, and MLB teams in the city they are named after. This way you don't have to twist yourself into a pretzel by trying to justify slapping your city's name on a team that doesn't play in your city and doesn't reap the rewards. It's just so....Dallas. Fake and pretentious with low standards...consistently failing to achieve them.

That would be weird having such an important stadium located outside of the city... glad ours are in the city. Now it looks like we will even be building our new soccer stadium right Downtown... pretty awsome!

Houston gets a bad rep for the city being full of sprawl and so spread out. This is true but at least most of the important characteristics of the city are in the core of the city. The museum district, TMC, 3 major universities, theater district, the teams stadiums, the wealthier neighborhoods etc... are all in the core while the important characteristics Dallas likes to say it has is spread over the whole metro area and not even in Dallas.

RE: Charlotte and the Super Bowl.

Having a Super Bowl in Charlotte, which has an outdoor stadium, would be incredibly risky. In that, you might as well award a Super Bowl to Washington, D.C. or Baltimore.

I don't expect Jax to see a Super Bowl again anytime soon. Although the city did a great job of maximizing what it had, Jacksonville just isn't big enough. Not enough hotel rooms, restaurants and other venues to hold such an event. There were reports of restaurants routinely running out of staple items such as steak sauce and cheese due to the crowds. Shuttle buses to the various venues were also said to be sparse, given the number of media types.

What has Houston got to feel inferior about. There have already been 2 superbowls in Houston. 0 in Dallas. Furthermore, I wouldn't trade Reliant Stadium and it's good location for the new Arlington Football Stadium and its crappy location any day. Inferior. You're funny.

And after the Super Bowl in 2011 the count will still be Houston 2 and Dallas 0 since the Super Bowl in 2011 is in Arlington, not Dallas. ha ha :P

You're so right WxBoy. It's so lame how the Dallas boys run to this website to brag about new structures or big events that Houston already has or already has done, expecting us to be impressed. Wow, hosting a superbowl - I wonder what that must be like? Wow, a new 20 story tower - That's totally amazing!

And when we are not impressed, because we already have been there and done that, they go on about us having an inferiority complex. It would be like Houstonians running up to DallasMetropolis.com and starting a new thread everytime a new McDonalds is built in Sugarland and accuse them of feeling inferior if they don't seem impressed.

The need to come to this forum to gloat or trash the city it is based from is nothing less than the expression of true feelings of inferiority. I never go to Dallasmetropolis.com to trash Dallas - ever. In fact, I would never know anything about what was going on in Dallas at all if I never hit the "view new post" button at HAIF and saw all the Dallas posts floating up at the top.

Everyone knew that the Superbowl was going to Arlington, the only thing that surprised me was learning how close Indianapolis came to taking it away. Imagine what a kick in the balls it would have been to lose a superbowl bid to Indianapolis after building that new stadium way out in Arlongton. But even if that had happened, I would not have felt a need to go on dallasmetro.com and sling it in their faces.

I wonder how many Houston people went to the Dallas based forums on the day Superbowl 38 was announced to gloat. Anytime anything happens in Dallas you plexers head straight to HAIF to stir the $h!+. Now that's what I call an inferiority complex!

You guys should just do yourselves a favor and take the DFW section out of this forum.That way Dallas or DFW would never be discussed.And we can be friends again. :D

And after the Super Bowl in 2011 the count will still be Houston 2 and Dallas 0 since the Super Bowl in 2011 is in Arlington, not Dallas. ha ha :P

Oh man I'm gonna really hate doing this because I could really care less about all the bashing that goes on on this forum (and I really think you Houston guys are cool), but here goes...Yes you guys have hosted more Superbowls than Dallas. But Dallas has hosted more Super bowl parades and celebrations than Houston: Dallas 5 Houston 0

Oh man I'm gonna really hate doing this because I could really care less about all the bashing that goes on on this forum (and I really think you Houston guys are cool), but here goes...Yes you guys have hosted more Superbowls than Dallas. But Dallas has hosted more Super bowl parades and celebrations that Houston: Dallas 5 Houston 0

Yeouch!

Oh man I'm gonna really hate doing this because I could really care less about all the bashing that goes on on this forum (and I really think you Houston guys are cool), but here goes...Yes you guys have hosted more Superbowls than Dallas. But Dallas has hosted more Super bowl parades and celebrations that Houston: Dallas 5 Houston 0

I blame Bud Adams, Stagger Lee, Don Bebe, the officials in January 1980 and goofy Buddy Ryan deciding to stop blitzing in the second half in '93.

Clinging to the glory days of old teams like the Cowpokes USED to have is too sad.

I agree with Texastrill, I wish the DFW section would be discontinued too. Then we could come to this site to find out what's happening in Houston without exposing ourselves to all this useless and pointless Dallas crap. Which, after is all said and done, means nothing to Houston anyway.

I know the DFW section was originally designed to discuss stuff that was happening up there, but it only seems like a place for DFWers to brag about stuff they think will make Houstonians jealous. When they don't get the accolades they expect they start stirring the poo. Just like when Texastrill invited all his Houston buddies to chime in on this topic yesterday after Jep only posted an announcement that everyone knew was coming anyway. Texastrill came here looking for trouble and here it is.

HAIF is a terrific website, but it seems the DFW section is only good for flaming. Does anyone remember the last time anything in DFW was discussed here without a pissing contest breaking out? As long as Houston and DFW are always running neck in neck in almost every catagory, it's hard to imagine that someone will not eventually bust out with something offensive. Kidding or not. The Hou/Dal rivalry goes deeper than HAIF. I admire the guys who are always pro Texas and can set aside the crap to discuss things in a normal manner (I admit this isn't me), but there will always be someone ready to throw the first stone. (this isn't me either)

Notice how no one anywhere has anything bad to say about San Antonio or Austin. That's because they are no threat. As long as DFWers consider Houston a threat they will continue to come to HAIF and start up. And we will continue to deal with DFWs never ending insecurities at the Houston Architecture Info Forum.

i don't think we should discontinue the DFW forum. This website wouldn't be half as entertaining if it didn't exist. Before i joined this forum, i used to look on the olf HAIF website and it was more entertaining. The mods let a little flaming go on but now days they won't even allow someone to say Dallas or Houston sucks.

I think the dallasmetropolis should get a Houston subforum too. It's only fair since HAIF has one. dallasmetropolis website is BOR- ing

Yes you guys have hosted more Superbowls than Dallas. But Dallas has hosted more Super bowl parades and celebrations than Houston: Dallas 5 Houston 0

That's true. However, last time I checked, the Houston Texans have never lost to an expansion team...

Clinging to the glory days of old teams like the Cowpokes USED to have is too sad.

Better to have glory days of old than no glory days at all.

I agree with Texastrill, I wish the DFW section would be discontinued too. Then we could come to this site to find out what's happening in Houston without exposing ourselves to all this useless and pointless Dallas crap. Which, after is all said and done, means nothing to Houston anyway.

So now you are a victim...I don't think so. Perhaps in the future, in order to avoid the meanies from Big D, you might consider avoiding this sub forum.

I know the DFW section was originally designed to discuss stuff that was happening up there, but it only seems like a place for DFWers to brag about stuff they think will make Houstonians jealous. When they don't get the accolades they expect they start stirring the poo. Just like when Texastrill invited all his Houston buddies to chime in on this topic yesterday after Jep only posted an announcement that everyone knew was coming anyway. Texastrill came here looking for trouble and here it is.

I agree there is a lot of "poo" here, and not all of it is coming from the north.

HAIF is a terrific website, but it seems the DFW section is only good for flaming. Does anyone remember the last time anything in DFW was discussed here without a pissing contest breaking out? As long as Houston and DFW are always running neck in neck in almost every catagory, it's hard to imagine that someone will not eventually bust out with something offensive. Kidding or not. The Hou/Dal rivalry goes deeper than HAIF. I admire the guys who are always pro Texas and can set aside the crap to discuss things in a normal manner (I admit this isn't me), but there will always be someone ready to throw the first stone. (this isn't me either)

You flatter yourselves

Just kidding :)

Notice how no one anywhere has anything bad to say about San Antonio or Austin. That's because they are no threat. As long as DFWers consider Houston a threat they will continue to come to HAIF and start up. And we will continue to deal with DFWs never ending insecurities at the Houston Architecture Info Forum.

You are correct; SA and Austin a great cities, but economically speaking, Houston and DFW are the big dogs of Texas. However, I have a somewhat different take on the topic of insecurity. I don't know if Dallas is insecure about Houston, or the other way around, but we urban geeks (and we are as geeky on this board as any Trekkies I've ever met) tend to be very passionate about whatever obscure topic we latch onto. I think we take our community very seriously, probably a bit too seriously, which is why Dallasites come here to have fun, and Houstonians are more than willing to join in.

i don't think we should discontinue the DFW forum. This website wouldn't be half as entertaining if it didn't exist. Before i joined this forum, i used to look on the olf HAIF website and it was more entertaining. The mods let a little flaming go on but now days they won't even allow someone to say Dallas or Houston sucks.

I think the dallasmetropolis should get a Houston subforum too. It's only fair since HAIF has one. dallasmetropolis website is BOR- ing

hey Tier.......the Dallas forum does have a Houston sub-forum...it's in the "Texas+Reigon''section....it's kinda at the bottom of the page of categories.

hey Tier.......the Dallas forum does have a Houston sub-forum...it's in the "Texas+Reigon''section....it's kinda at the bottom of the page of categories.

But Dallas has no glory days sports-wise as it doesn't have an NFL or MLB team. Get one. Get a Superbowl. Win a Superbowl. Until then, quit pretending you have a team just beacuse Arlington and Irving slapped Dallas's name on their teams. Put them in your city. Reap the tax rewards. Stop pretending you have NFL and MLB status when you don't even have the teams.

But Dallas has no glory days sports-wise as it doesn't have an NFL or MLB team. Get one. Get a Superbowl. Win a Superbowl. Until then, quit pretending you have a team just beacuse Arlington and Irving slapped Dallas's name on their teams. Put them in your city. Reap the tax rewards. Stop pretending you have NFL and MLB status when you don't even have the teams.

And on that brain dead note, I am officially out for good.

But you bayou goobers need to ask yourselves just one little question.

If you have a Dallas/Fort Worth/Metroplex sub-forum and you don't want anyone posting any news about the region, then just what the hell is it for exactly?

Never mind, don't bother answering. The person asking no longer gives a crap.

Better to have glory days of old than no glory days at all.

So now you are a victim...I don't think so. Perhaps in the future, in order to avoid the meanies from Big D, you might consider avoiding this sub forum.

I agree there is a lot of "poo" here, and not all of it is coming from the north.

You flatter yourselves

Just kidding :)

You are correct; SA and Austin a great cities, but economically speaking, Houston and DFW are the big dogs of Texas. However, I have a somewhat different take on the topic of insecurity. I don't know if Dallas is insecure about Houston, or the other way around, but we urban geeks (and we are as geeky on this board as any Trekkies I've ever met) tend to be very passionate about whatever obscure topic we latch onto. I think we take our community very seriously, probably a bit too seriously, which is why Dallasites come here to have fun, and Houstonians are more than willing to join in.

Remembering glory days is great as long as you don't lose touch with reality and start thinking that just because a team once played a good game a decade ago or thirty years ago that it is somehow relevant today. :P

I consider anyone a victim who comes to this website to see what's going on in Houston and having to deal with insults to our great city by a bunch of insecure out of towners. How would you like it if I came over to your house and made a BM in your front lawn? Bad manner's wouldn't you say. You might even try to chase me away if you could.

This may be on a DFW subforum, but the topics appear on the 'view new post' section in the main HAIF board, which makes it HAIF first, DFW section second. The H in HAIF stands for Houston - get it? I don't want to avoid the new topics board, that's where all the new Houston stuff is. But in between the Houston stuff, usually somewhere at the top, there is always some dumb and completely irrelevant DFW topic that distracts me from the stuff I am mainly interested in. I just don't think the DFW section of this forum serves any valuable purpose, at least to the main city it is meant to serve - Houston.

If someone wanted to learn about what's going on in Dallas with any detail, they would go to dallasmetropolis.com or some other Dallas based forum and get some objective, broad minded opinions about Dallas stuff in greater detail. Stuff that doesn't read like a commercial for the Dallas tourism industry. Stuff that doesn't invite hostility. Notice how only the good stuff is mentioned about the plex by the plexers on HAIF. If you go to the Dallas based forums you can get a better idea of what life is REALLY like up there, if you're even interested. The plex guys on this board only give you half a picture, usually heavily cropped, color enhanced and blurry in all the right places. (metaphore)

These DFW guys come here looking for a pissing match and as long as the DFW section exist they will receive it. Houstonians are always ready to scrap with anyone from north Texas that comes to Houston with a chip on their shoulder. The only point the DFW section serves at HAIF is suppling insecure Dallasites with a place to brag about stuff that they obviously aren't aware Houston already has plenty of. Houston and HAIF doesn't need a DFW section in my opinion.

Still, I would agree that all this flaming can be a source of cheap entertainment. At least Houstonians can be made aware of the obvious obsession many DFWers have with our city. We can feel good that the opinions of our citizens are so important to Dallasites. So important that they feel they just have to share DFW info on a website that is dominated by people who live in the Houston area. After all, there is no reason to post Dallas news on a Houston based forum unless you are doing it to see what Houstonians think.

But as long as this subforum does exist, I'm sure I can handle all the 'meanies' you can throw at me. Until I go too far sticking up for the home turf and the moderators ban me. :)

I'm trying to be good. :)

If you have a Dallas/Fort Worth/Metroplex sub-forum and you don't want anyone posting any news about the region, then just what the hell is it for exactly?

When someone resorts to name calling like that, he is really showing what he's is made of. Not exactly, the best Dallas has to offer is it?

HAIF has any number of non-Houston topics. No one has yet protested that your half-ass posts are unwelcome. At the risk of redundancy, you set such low standards for yourself yet always fail to live up to them.

This way you don't have to twist yourself into a pretzel by trying to justify slapping your city's name on a team that doesn't play in your city and doesn't reap the rewards. It's just so....Dallas. Fake and pretentious with low standards...consistently failing to achieve them.

This sort of ignorant and emotionally charged post is what separates the typical Houstonian and the few childish Haifers that troll here. Dallas has zero say on what name goes on the Cowboys. I know it would work toward your agenda if it were an elaborate plan by the city council to pay them off for naming rights.

Jason

This sort of ignorant and emotionally charged post is what separates the typical Houstonian and the few childish Haifers that troll here. Dallas has zero say on what name goes on the Cowboys. I know it would work toward your agenda if it were an elaborate plan by the city council to pay them off for naming rights.

Jason

Almost like the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim? Why couldn't it be the same up there?

Archived