Chili's Southwest Freeway At Buffalo Spdwy.

I just wanted to give a little heads up to everyone out there. While at lunch today at the Chili's at 59 and Buffalo Speeday my car was broken into. The driver's window was smashed and they looked for stuff to take but only took a book of CDs. I had a GPS in there which they found but they didn't take that... why I don't know but I was told u can track them and maybe they knew that.

I have reason to believe an employee or two there may (key word "may") have been involved. I don't have proof and won't go into details b/c I don't want to accuse someone of something unless I have proof... all I am saying is that if you go there park near a window where u can see your car!

After it happened the employees at Chili's treated us WONDERFULLY... they were very kind, paid for our meal which they didn't have to do, helped us with anything we needed and I would DEFINITELY eat there again... I was very thankful for all of the help they gave and made sure to let them know that. I just want to make sure people don't think I am badmouthing them... they were wonderful and since I don't have proof someone was involved I can't really do anything. The cops took prints (they didn't want to but we insisted... jeez you would think cops would want to at least try and catch bad guys!) so that's all we have to work with.

The point of this post was just to tell you that if you are in that area eating... anywhere, park where you can see your car. The cops told me the number of cars getting broken into in that area is extremely high.

In a busy strip center like that, it seems like there should be security cameras in the parking lot which may have caught an image of the perps. Do you know if there are any there?

No, there weren't... I thought there should have been, also.

Were you parked on the Party City side? I just saw this thread now, but it we were there on Saturday, early evening. We parked over on that side and I saw glass on the ground in the parking lot and was thinking "hmm, must have been a break-in last night." Glad to report that our car survived the trip fine. We had a horribly slow waiter, though, and somehow stuff that we didn't even order ended up on our bill. Manager took care of it. It sounds like it was just a bad weekend to go to that Chili's!

I just wanted to give a little heads up to everyone out there. While at lunch today at the Chili's at 59 and Buffalo Speeday my car was broken into. The driver's window was smashed and they looked for stuff to take but only took a book of CDs. I had a GPS in there which they found but they didn't take that... why I don't know but I was told u can track them and maybe they knew that.

I have reason to believe an employee or two there may (key word "may") have been involved. I don't have proof and won't go into details b/c I don't want to accuse someone of something unless I have proof... all I am saying is that if you go there park near a window where u can see your car!

After it happened the employees at Chili's treated us WONDERFULLY... they were very kind, paid for our meal which they didn't have to do, helped us with anything we needed and I would DEFINITELY eat there again... I was very thankful for all of the help they gave and made sure to let them know that. I just want to make sure people don't think I am badmouthing them... they were wonderful and since I don't have proof someone was involved I can't really do anything. The cops took prints (they didn't want to but we insisted... jeez you would think cops would want to at least try and catch bad guys!) so that's all we have to work with.

The point of this post was just to tell you that if you are in that area eating... anywhere, park where you can see your car. The cops told me the number of cars getting broken into in that area is extremely high.

What makes you think it was an employee?

Why did the police not want to take prints?

Currently I eat at their chains once a year (at most). Now I have a reason to never return. The food is not all that.

• 3 weeks later...

Were you parked on the Party City side? I just saw this thread now, but it we were there on Saturday, early evening. We parked over on that side and I saw glass on the ground in the parking lot and was thinking "hmm, must have been a break-in last night." Glad to report that our car survived the trip fine. We had a horribly slow waiter, though, and somehow stuff that we didn't even order ended up on our bill. Manager took care of it. It sounds like it was just a bad weekend to go to that Chili's!

Yup, I was parked on that side... cleaned up most of the glass guess some remained.

What makes you think it was an employee?

Why did the police not want to take prints?

Currently I eat at their chains once a year (at most). Now I have a reason to never return. The food is not all that.

A friend I was with noticed 2 employees acting a bit weird as we were walking in... kind of checking us out... didn't think much of it until the break in happened. When he spoke to one of the employees after the break in (just asking him if he saw anything) he was acting VERY weird... almost scared... seemed very nervous... the other employee just happened to "leave" as we were walking in. There were other reasons, too, but since I don't have proof I don't want to accuse someone.

As for the cop... I think he was just being really lazy. He kept saying there was no point in taking prints since they probably wouldn't get much and that if I wanted prints taken it would take like 6 hours to get someone who is "qualified" to take prints... my friend I was with, who used to be a cop, basically told him we wanted prints taken now... what do you know we had someone taking prints in less than 30 minutes... not 6 hours.

Wow, sorry about your bad luck. I don't think any car is safe anywhere in Houston. Smash and grab can happen anywhere. But you'd think a busy place like that Chili's in broad daylight would at least deter thieves.

That's what I thought... guess I was wrong.

• The title was changed to Chili's Southwest Freeway At Buffalo Spdwy.

Archived