Central Market Houston At 3815 Westheimer Rd.

Ribbon cutting tonight!!

Lots of action in the store. Think there are CM partners from other districts visiting.  H-E-B's CEO will be there for the ribbon cutting! (so I was told)

This is upstairs. Wonder what's behind the curtain? Maybe just new framed posters or artwork?

YFYMOTm.jpg

The media/photographers are setting up. About to interview CM partners?

c7ckYKU.jpg

• Like 1

CM's chocolate factory is complete! Photos over the past week or so.

NIRLkwA.jpg

The cacao beans come in an 11x17" container? Looks like 11x17" copy paper reams! :P

qiLTY4J.jpg

Cacao beans. Shiny/oily. Reminds me of coffee beans

ZiwpOBX.jpg

uuiQ1Yv.jpg

Liquid chocolate spinning around in circles! You can see the spout to the right.

0qm92Cm.jpg

As of today, packaged bean to bar chocolate is for sale! They have waxed cacao beans (and cacao nibs?) placed around the bars as an example of what you're buying.

f0TY4lp.jpg

rbUNpH0.jpg

mxWdirJ.jpg

• Like 3

wow! what an event!

Sipping champagne in River Oaks with H-E-B execs all around.

qnntRnU.jpg

Flower arrangement. Little did I know.. It was based on my favorite holiday wreath!

ruVoYt3.jpg

Walked upstairs to see the action. it was photographers with the chefs and management.

HFyeI4L.jpg

Wine station for the "elite"

htS4uoV.jpg

Edited by Twitter1

Okay..

CM's organizing for the major event was just like my (shamelessly) non-profit. For the "first 500" bag handout, it was an immediate rush. It was like bumper cars! Think Black Friday sale. Little did I know, the bags were (also) for sale, after the fact.

*some things went wrong during the premier. I don't blame them. It's a lot of pressure to have the owner and media visit,.

Their "ribbon" was made out of a wreath! It was the Holiday wreath design! Lased with misc. vegetables and citrus!

8s9Fo9n.jpg

The wreath has.. purple kale, lemon, kale, ?, radishs, and leaves..

wow!!

A2ljTVL.jpg

Two of the Butts pictured here.

Charles Butt, the CEO of H-E-B isn't pictured

ZBRhKre.jpg

Ribbon cutting

7bFmMC8.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Twitter1 said:

Saw $500 wine out in the open today. A lot of retailers put expensive alcohol behind a locked door. I know the Kroger on Buffalo Speedway locked up a $10 beer..A Prairie Artisan Ales barrel aged imperial stout. $10/12 oz.

Orstdf3.jpg

It's over priced.

http://www.wine.com/v6/Eisele-Vineyard-Cabernet-Sauvignon-2013/wine/165361/Detail.aspx

And so is the Dalla Valle next to it.

Edited by UtterlyUrban
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OMG haha! I was just there yesterday and sent a photo of that to my best best friend!!! He is the lead singer of a band called Blue October and I told him I just booked him the grand opening of the Curbside at Central Market! Haha!!! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CM now has special computer screens for Curbside services? Found this one at the beer & wine dept tonight.

They do look old, but maybe it's just the casing of the screen.  Looks to be an iPad?  The casing  has to go! :lol:

Rztcwlx.jpg

Edited by Twitter1
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Central Market Houston
  • 5 months later...
  • The title was changed to Central Market Houston
  • The title was changed to Central Market Houston At 3815 Westheimer Rd.
  • 7 months later...

I always think about updating this thread with the wild and crazy items I see a Central Market. It's not architecture or buildings related so I never post anything.

Do people actually buy this food? I guess if there's a market for it, there's a buyer. I personally would like to taste the $150 balsamic vinaigrette or the $80 honey. 

Today I saw an Orchid arrangement for $500.  I talked with the designer and he encouraged me to pick it up. Felt like it weighed 25 pounds. He told me it's ceramic.

23HNN0E.jpg

Ck4EPIo.jpg

Also noticed a butter wheel that was $89.99.  Crazy!

NNkpAjA.jpg

^^^ @Highrise Tower my pal, as i am certain that you are acutely aware, THERE ARE SOME VERY RICH CITIZENS residing in our fair city of houston.  many of these citizens travel to the far ends of the earth and experience all sorts of exotic foods, hotels, homes, cars, entertainment... you name it... they have experienced it all.  therefore, some of these exotic, expensive, premium items located at CENTRAL MARKET vs WHOLE FOODS are just the icing on the cake for these people.

you must never ever forget that these are the particular patrons that merchants like CENTRAL MARKET vs WHOLE FOODS love to cater to.  not to mention, it's now HOLIDAY TIME in the city and all sorts of new and premium items are coming on the store shelves...

• Thanks 1