Timbergrove Information & Developments

PureAuteur

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see nothing wrong with them. There are obviously quite a few people who want a home like that inside the loop for under $375 and are willing to give up land and being next to industrial site in return.

the quality of most of those homes is crap and they will be falling apart in a few years. that's the biggest issue.

the quality of most of those homes is crap and they will be falling apart in a few years. that's the biggest issue.

our realtor took us to one of these homes a year ago when we were looking in the heights area. The houses were pretty nice inside, but my problem was they were TOO big. 3500 sq ft? We have no kids and have no need for a house that big. The house very much reminded me of houses in the burbs. It did have a big media room upstairs. I have not seen one of these homes on har.com for awhile so they must all be sold. There are obviously people out there who want a home like this.

JessicaN

Lots of toxins in those grounds.

That site used to be a creosote plant, I believe.

Having just moved from the area, all new construction there is either going to be of this type or townhomes. The return to the builder is just too low if they waste potential building space on lawns that many people don't even want, but that's just normal urban economics. When Timbergrove itself was laid out 50 years ago it was just as suburban then as Sugar Land and Katy are now and the land was cheap. Now it's not.

This particular one is probably one of the most visible, but there are 3-4 in the immediate area that are just like it: Timbergrove Court (Seamist @ 12th), Heritage Creek (down the block on 12th and even more crowded if you can believe it), and Timbergrove Terrace (Ella @ Grovewood), among others.

I do think they'll all be rundown within the next 10-15 years

Ahhhhh.

I kept finding houses over in that area on my HCAD searches - but tossed them because of the RR tracks.

You think living near railroad tracks is bad? I used to work at a steel forging plant over there off 12th and Hemstead Road. Multiple thousand ton presses, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, weekends and holidays. That's 100x worse than the occasional train. The empty lot across 12th from the plant, supposedly, can never be developed because of the toxins in the ground.

Nope, wouldn't want to live over there for any reason.

You think living near railroad tracks is bad? I used to work at a steel forging plant over there off 12th and Hemstead Road. Multiple thousand ton presses, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, weekends and holidays. That's 100x worse than the occasional train. The empty lot across 12th from the plant, supposedly, can never be developed because of the toxins in the ground.

Nope, wouldn't want to live over there for any reason.

Ohhhhh - I 100% agree. But we never got past casually browsing Hempstead on HAR, so we never got to worrying about environmental issues there.

When we DID look at places, such as those in the Washington area across from the giant Admiral Linen cleaning facilities, I thought - 'well there's probably a deal killer' (this was before we stopped looking at places near RR tracks :) ).

• 3 years later...

I Saw the listing when that house went on the market. It was pretty grim, as an old lady had lived there forever. I'v ebeen driving by on my way to and from work, nad it's looking pretty good.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's so special about that place?

Go to the website www.willmodern.com (listed on the sign). He has the full history of the house. I believe Peter Brown's father designed the original house and he worked on the update. Also the original owner was some local artist.

Personally I'm just happy someone rennovated it.

Oh it's next to TC Jester? Will all the drive bys, racers, and loud music?

No thanks.

Trust me, it is much more quiet than a friends house one block in from TC Jester. The new windows and icynene foam do wonders.

That part of T C Jester isn't bad, it's a few blocks North of 11th. That's a nice neighborhood (although not as good as the real Timbergrove the other side of T C Jester) with nice homes.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived