Timbergrove Information & Developments

PureAuteur

Rehashing an extremely old thread.

The wife and I live downtown and really want to buy there, but the available condo stock has fallen off a cliff and we may have to move out.  We have been looking at a couple of homes in the Heights Annex (Dian and Prince streets).  I read the current Heights thread discussing schools, but does anybody else live in the area?  Previously lived there?  Any advice on whether this area appears to be in a bubble or whether this appears to be a solid investment.  We are first time home buyers so we are clueless as to what we are doing.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in Shady Acres Annex.  This is group of houses built right after WWII on 15th, 15 1/2th, and 16th one block long from the Turkey Creek to Dian.  I bought in 2002 before most of the new construction started in the area.  It's been a good investment for me.  There is a newish home for sale on 15 1/2th right east of Dian and two homes on the corner of 16th and Prince.  I don't know going prices for the new stuff.  I wouldn't touch the Urban Living junk on Dian.

My former neighbors kids tested into Harvard elementary.  There is no way they were going to put them into Love on Shepherd.  That is where they were zoned to.

Real estate has ups and downs like anything else, but the loop is more insulated from a severe bubble imho. Not that it can't take a very serious and long term downfall, but I don't think you will watch your investment crumble months after you buy, and over the long haul, I've always been a fan of real estate as an investment at large

• 2 years later...

stopstanleypark.com  - News/permits,  is now updated with recent media coverage from cw39, abc13, khou,  + filmed meeting with Mayor Turner. Lovett Homes / Intown Homes continue irresponsible floodplain development in Houston and must be stopped.  Stanley Park, in the Timbergrove Manor subdivision is the most recent example of putting profits ahead of public safety.

• The title was changed to Any Good Place To Buy A Chiminea Around Here?
  • The title was changed to Timbergrove Information & Developments

Archived