HAIF-HD Upgrade

editor

Not sure. I was able to rate it up (gotta find better language for that). Are you able to rate other posts?

It was just that one post. Maybe some others too but I can't remember. So yes, I can pretty much rate everyone else, except for you.

Edit: you know what, after clicking around and highlighting that area, it appeared right in front of my eyes. I guess the photos were hiding it somehow or something?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Settings > Profile > Manage Facebook Connect

or

My Profile > Edit My Profile > Manage Facebook Connect

Okay, I did both routes, and I am not having any luck finding it Wayne.

Has anyone else linked their fb profiles successfully?

I just don't see the options anywhere.

Thanks, is there an option to comment on status updates, like facebook, or am I pushing it?

You'd have to be on Facebook to post a comment into the Facebook system. I don't think the Facebook API supports pushing unapproved data from outside into someone's account. Even the official photo uploaders require you to manually visit your account to approve the new content.

Okay, I did both routes, and I am not having any luck finding it Wayne.

Has anyone else linked their fb profiles successfully?

I just don't see the options anywhere.

Step one:

HAIFFacebook1.jpg

Step two:

HAIFFacebook2.jpg

Step three:

HAIFFacebook3.jpg

Two things.

In my profile settings I have the following Unchecked:

"Notify me by
when I get a new personal message

Enabling this option will send an email notification of any new personal messages sent to you."

Yet, I'm still receiving emails to my personal account to notify me when people have added me as HAIF friends.

Haif friends = good. Cluttering my personal inbox = not good. Any other setting I'm overlooking ??

2nd, the Post rating points are kinda neat, but would be even neater is if when I look at all my recent posts, the ratings score is included where applicable. I have rating points that i don't know where they came from and i shouldn't have to revisit every comment I've made to see what people like or hate. Any way to include this or is it beyond the software capabilities ?

Thanks

Step one:

HAIFFacebook1.jpg

Step two:

HAIFFacebook2.jpg

Step three:

HAIFFacebook3.jpg

Your Step three looks much more robust than mine does.

I think non-mods are missing features that you mention.

Can anyone else verify.

Here is a copy of my window.

102qfc0.jpg

I'm seeing the facebook settings.

I'm most certainly not seeing the "Change Underwear" Option that you have on yours. What the heck OS are you running over there ?

:lol: LOL, okay that last one was just a quick photoshop joke. I was wondering how long it would be before someone caught that! Pretty quick I guess.

But I am on XP at work, using Google Chrome.

Let me try Safari or Internet Explorer instead.

It seems you and Wayne are on Safari.

UPDATE:

Okay, I have attached an actual side by side shot of Google Chrome and Apple Safari viewing HAIF, and the facebook icon is missing on the Google Chrome browser.

Is that possible?

29ejigz.jpg

I'm on Firefox.. no problems.

I tried it out on Chrome, and you're right.. not seeing the facebook option under Chrome.

I also tried it on IE.. and no problems there either.

But I am on XP at work, using Google Chrome.

Let me try Safari or Internet Explorer instead.

It seems you and Wayne are on Safari.

UPDATE:

Okay, I have attached an actual side by side shot of Google Chrome and Apple Safari viewing HAIF, and the facebook icon is missing on the Google Chrome browser.

Is that possible?

Another item...

Sometime when i view new posts, it may only show 2-3... this used to occasionally happen under the old system as well.

Can you bring back the option to "View post within las Hr, 12 hrs, day, week" etc. so that when this happens, we can bring back the current topics even if nothing new is going on ?

Two things.

In my profile settings I have the following Unchecked:

"Notify me by
when I get a new personal message

Enabling this option will send an email notification of any new personal messages sent to you."

Yet, I'm still receiving emails to my personal account to notify me when people have added me as HAIF friends.

Haif friends = good. Cluttering my personal inbox = not good. Any other setting I'm overlooking ??

Notification that someone added you as a friend isn't a Personal Message, it's a system message. It's not sent by a person, but by the system.

You might try de-selecting "Send me any updates sent by the board administrator." I don't know if that will do the trick or not, but it's worth a try.

2nd, the Post rating points are kinda neat, but would be even neater is if when I look at all my recent posts, the ratings score is included where applicable. I have rating points that i don't know where they came from and i shouldn't have to revisit every comment I've made to see what people like or hate. Any way to include this or is it beyond the software capabilities ?

I think that sort of thing might involve some privacy issues. The ratings systems are intended to be anonymous. Being able to track backwards would make some people understandably queasy because it would be necessary for the system to track each individual rating and who made it.

I think that sort of thing might involve some privacy issues. The ratings systems are intended to be anonymous. Being able to track backwards would make some people understandably queasy because it would be necessary for the system to track each individual rating and who made it.

I didn't mean backwards tracking.

I just want to be able to look at all my posts and see which ones have been rated... same information that i am able to see as part of the post in its thread.

Is that possible?

Here's a shot in the dark...

Have you used Chrome recently to log in to your Facebook account? if the Facebook API system relies on Facebook cookies and you only go to Facebook from Safari, then they'd only exist in Safari. Thus, the forum would only present you the option if you were using Safari, or whatever browser you use to visit Facebook.

Try logging in to your Facebook account from Chrome, then returning to HAIF and see if the Facebook option appears in your profile settings.

I didn't mean backwards tracking.

I just want to be able to look at all my posts and see which ones have been rated... same information that i am able to see as part of the post in its thread.

It's beyond my capabilities, but I'll submit it to the software company.

Here's a shot in the dark...

Have you used Chrome recently to log in to your Facebook account? if the Facebook API system relies on Facebook cookies and you only go to Facebook from Safari, then they'd only exist in Safari. Thus, the forum would only present you the option if you were using Safari, or whatever browser you use to visit Facebook.

Try logging in to your Facebook account from Chrome, then returning to HAIF and see if the Facebook option appears in your profile settings.

My Safari was cookie free when I did that. I don't use Safari at work, only Chrome. Using Safari, I logged into HAIF first and the facebook connect option was instantly there.

Whereas on Chrome, I have facebook open within the browsers tabs.

I think it is just a Chrome issue.

My Safari was cookie free when I did that. I don't use Safari at work, only Chrome. Using Safari, I logged into HAIF first and the facebook connect option was instantly there.

Whereas on Chrome, I have facebook open within the browsers tabs.

I think it is just a Chrome issue.

I don't think so. Chrome and Safari are built around the same engine. I'll submit it as a bug.

So... here's the deal.

I've been told that a new version of the forum software will be released real soon now. One person says next week. Another says when they feel like it.

It's my understanding that a number of the issues raised by HAIF members will be addressed in the upgrade to the upgrade. Especially things like pagination boxes in search results and last-page jumps and things like that which were in the previous version, but mysteriously disappeared.

So... here's the deal.

I've been told that a new version of the forum software will be released real soon now. One person says next week. Another says when they feel like it.

It's my understanding that a number of the issues raised by HAIF members will be addressed in the upgrade to the upgrade. Especially things like pagination boxes in search results and last-page jumps and things like that which were in the previous version, but mysteriously disappeared.

Thanks for the update.

The forum upgrades are like night and day since this weekend.

It feels much more familiar now, but with more features.

It turns out the Facebook/Chrome thing is a Facebook thing. The Facebook API doesn't support Chrome.

Makes sense, when I pay my electricity bill on Reliant, it locks up using Chrome.

I have to use FF or IE instead.

What happened to the google map for each topic?

the removal of that is probably a good and a bad thing...

Good, because it took up a lot of space, which HAIF'ers tend to complain about, and a lot of them weren't updated it to the correct location.

Bad, for the threads that did have the correct location. A lot of people post info on a building, and then other people ask for its location, so anyone can put its address on it, and save us the hassle.

I'd preferably want it back, but just in the Going Up section. How about 'yall?

the removal of that is probably a good and a bad thing...

Good, because it took up a lot of space, which HAIF'ers tend to complain about, and a lot of them weren't updated it to the correct location.

Bad, for the threads that did have the correct location. A lot of people post info on a building, and then other people ask for its location, so anyone can put its address on it, and save us the hassle.

I'd preferably want it back, but just in the Going Up section. How about 'yall?

With the way people lost their minds over an extra 21 pixels for the HAIF-HD logo, I'm not sure what to do about the maps now.

It works from home on IE8 and Firefox 3.5, but from either of those at work I get a content compression error or something like that. I am guessing it is a simple fix but I'm not thinking of it right now.

Another item...

Sometime when i view new posts, it may only show 2-3...   this used to occasionally happen under the old system as well.

Can you bring back the option to "View post within las Hr, 12 hrs, day, week"  etc. so that when this happens, we can bring back the current topics even if nothing new is going on ?

+1

New posts only go back so far. Since I frequently go 12 hours or more without viewing this web site I'm not able to see all the posts since I last logged on.  

Hey Ed, I tried PMing you this problem, but like someone else said, it wouldn't let me.

I tried replying to a PM discussion this morning and the reply button was grayed out and said I Could Not Reply. Am I doing something wrong?

??

Thanks

Hey Ed, I tried PMing you this problem, but like someone else said, it wouldn't let me.

I tried replying to a PM discussion this morning and the reply button was grayed out and said I Could Not Reply. Am I doing something wrong?

??

Thanks

editor.. i pm'd you a week ago.. and my messenger says you havent even read it yet. i know you busy and all.. but on top of the few other's issues concerning messaging you..... i figure the likelihood that I'm being shunned isnt quite as great as the liklihood that something wonky is going on with messaging.

lockmat.. just sent you a test message.

I'm sorry, I just can't find my way around (old dog, new tricks thing). I don't have a "view recent posts" or "view latest content" button that I can find. I'm trying really I am. It's just that that is what I always linked to when I came to this site.

I'm sorry, I just can't find my way around (old dog, new tricks thing). I don't have a "view recent posts" or "view latest content" button that I can find. I'm trying really I am. It's just that that is what I always linked to when I came to this site.

It's been replaced with "New", to the right of "Traffic" on the menu bar.

Archived