HAIF-HD Upgrade

editor

I hate to say it, but Puma is right. I'm not trying to be a browser snob here. If IE works for you, then go for it. But even Microsoft won't touch IE6 with a ten meter cattle prod these days. 7 and 8 are much better choices.

That said, there is a new version of the forum software out. I'm probably going to install it over the weekend. That might fix your problem. If it doesn't, I'm afraid there's not much I can do for you. IE6 was built so very non-standard that it breaks many web sites. Even YouTube won't support IE6 anymore.

If you have to stick with IE6 (because of your company or some ActiveX need or something), there are two things you can do on HAIF.

One is to type

[url=http://www.example.com]Example[/url]

where http://www.example.com is the link you want to link to, and Example is the text you want linked.

The other is to simply paste the web address directly into the text you're typing. The forum will detect that it's a web address and automatically turn it into a link.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't get to Houston Sightings under Houston and the Media. It kills my browser every time no matter which approach I use. Yes, I'm on my work mandated IE 6. I'll try from home using Firefox.

I can't get to Houston Sightings under Houston and the Media. It kills my browser every time no matter which approach I use. Yes, I'm on my work mandated IE 6. I'll try from home using Firefox.

I had that exact same problem, same thread from home last night (with IE 7).

edit: just tried again here at at work (version 6) on the sightings thread and it crashed. But not until I went to the last page of the thread.

Try it now. There was a malformed YouTube insert on page seven.

Archived