HAIF-HD Upgrade

editor

I'm sorry, I just can't find my way around (old dog, new tricks thing). I don't have a "view recent posts" or "view latest content" button that I can find. I'm trying really I am. It's just that that is what I always linked to when I came to this site.

I'm having a similar or perhaps related problem. When I hit "New", it does take me to the list of new posts. However, the only way I can see a new post is to click on its title and then, when the number of the last page appears, click on that, and finally the last post comes up! Before the changeover, I would simply click on the "last posted" time line in the far right column and the last post would appear - that handy feature doesn't work any more.

Frankly, I don't care for the fancy new design. The old one was cleaner, simpler and quicker to navigate. Also, the new upgrade has some areas where small size type doesn't have enough contrast from its background for easy reading.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having a similar or perhaps related problem. When I hit "New", it does take me to the list of new posts. However, the only way I can see a new post is to click on its title and then, when the number of the last page appears, click on that, and finally the last post comes up! Before the changeover, I would simply click on the "last posted" time line in the far right column and the last post would appear - that handy feature doesn't work any more.

Frankly, I don't care for the fancy new design. The old one was cleaner, simpler and quicker to navigate. Also, the new upgrade has some areas where small size type doesn't have enough contrast from its background for easy reading.

I believe because of the changeover that every post you click on will take you to the first post the first time. Every time after that when there's a new message, it will take you to the newest post as normal.

Another item...

Sometime when i view new posts, it may only show 2-3... this used to occasionally happen under the old system as well.

Can you bring back the option to "View post within las Hr, 12 hrs, day, week" etc. so that when this happens, we can bring back the current topics even if nothing new is going on ?

I'm told this may be a possibility with the next software version, due Real Soon Nowâ„¢.

editor, is it possible for me to send you a private message?

It should be possible. There are no restrictions on your PM access. What error are you getting when you try to send me a message?

Hey Ed, I tried PMing you this problem, but like someone else said, it wouldn't let me.

You've got to be more specific than that if you want me to track down the bug. What error message are you getting, if any at all?

If anyone is not able to PM me through HAIF, you can still e-mail me directly: editor@houstonarchitecture.com.

editor.. i pm'd you a week ago.. and my messenger says you havent even read it yet. i know you busy and all.. but on top of the few other's issues concerning messaging you..... i figure the likelihood that I'm being shunned isnt quite as great as the liklihood that something wonky is going on with messaging.

I see it now. You sent it before the upgrade, and after the upgrade it was no longer marked "new" so I didn't notice it.

Clicking on the thread title takes you to the first new post in that thread. If you haven't viewed a thread since the upgrade it's possible that the system doesn't know where you left off in that thread anymore and sends you to the beginning.

Frankly, I don't care for the fancy new design.

Frankly, I don't care.

The old one was cleaner, simpler and quicker to navigate.

The old one looked like Playskool blocks. It was the same design for seven years. Time for something new. The old one was boring.

Also, the new upgrade has some areas where small size type doesn't have enough contrast from its background for easy reading.

Please be specific and I can address these.

Can the mobile version of haif include a "Browse standard website" link. Iphones don't need mobile versions.. I can't see my message inbox through the mobile version right now.

Yeah, I was looking for that button just last night. It doesn't seem to exist. I'll submit it to the software company as a feature request.

"Content encryption error" is what it is saying. Could be a firewall thing since it's only from work network. Really it's not all bad, I don't have time to check from work, or I shouldn't take the time.

Sounds like something inside your company. There is no encryption in HAIF.

Awesome.

I looked up to click on the "New" button and it was gone.

Took me a minute to find it's new location.

Thanks Ed!

Now give yourself a better name. :)

Haify God. :)

Ya, Editor is so HAIF 2.0, now that we are 3.0, you should update too! :P

I dig the new post placement on icon. It stands out.

Yeah, I was looking for that button just last night. It doesn't seem to exist. I'll submit it to the software company as a feature request.

Well, I found a way, but it's not ideal.

Appending "&unlockUserAgent=1" at the end of the URL will force the system into full mode (with ads). But it appears to be a one-way street. The system sets a cookie or something else and remembers your device, so you can't go back to the mobile version again.

Can thread originators no longer edit the thread Topic or Subtopic.

Will the thread Subtopic be finding its way back to the ViewNewPost page ?

Nevermind.. answered my first question.. it can be done under "Edit - Use Full Editor"

• New message indicator is now red to match the iCal standard, instead of bullfrog green.
  • Changed posted message times so that instead of stating something was posted "10 July 3:32 PM" it says "Two minutes ago."

Don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but it is now possible to rate moderator and administrator posts.

So basically, no one is safe anymore.

Prepare to have a secret photo of you taken glancing at some hot chick's rear at the G8 Summit. :P

• Two user badges can now appear next to each other. This should save some vertical scrolling effort.

So badges that are currently are:

• SuperHAIFer.png Rare Super HAIFER Badge
  • WestLoopHAIFer.png GeoGroup Badge - Varies
  • committedToHAIF.png Fundraiser Badge

Reminds me of the days of yore on Bolt.com when you refer to these as badges.

Can we collect more. :P

So badges that are currently are:

• SuperHAIFer.png Rare Super HAIFER Badge
  • WestLoopHAIFer.png GeoGroup Badge - Varies
  • committedToHAIF.png Fundraiser Badge

Reminds me of the days of yore on Bolt.com when you refer to these as badges.

Can we collect more. :P

I was thinking about doing national and state flags, but thought that people would complain if they had to choose only one.

Is it me or is the AM/PM set wrong on the clock? For instance, posts are being stamped Today at 11:48P and it's only 2:53P in the afternoon.

Also, has my PM capability been taken away? I tried to send a message to editor and then music as a test and and both times the screen grayed.

Archived