HAIF-HD Upgrade

editor

Some other things that I liked but don't see now (or can't find/looking in the wrong place):

-forum login on forum home page

-number of thread views

-member tools to see top 25 posters, moderators, etc (I see the "today's top posters" thing though)

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it me or is the AM/PM set wrong on the clock? For instance, posts are being stamped Today at 11:48P and it's only 2:53P in the afternoon.

The time function has been very wonky lately. I'm not sure what the problem is. I'll submit a trouble ticket and find out if it's a problem with the server (unlikely) or a bug in the upgrade (very likely).

Also, has my PM capability been taken away? I tried to send a message to editor and then music as a test and and both times the screen grayed.

No, no one's PM permissions have been revoked. There are a number of bugs in the PM system. If you need to contact me directly, the best way is to e-mail me directly: editor@houstonarchitecture.com.

-forum login on forum home page

There should be a login link on every page of the forum, if you're not logged in. Or is it that you like the actual form being on the pages instead of a link to the login page?

-number of thread views

I see these in the regular forum thread lists, but not in the "New Posts" list. Is that where you're missing them? I think this is coming back in the next upgrade, but I can always resubmit it as a missing feature to encourage it.

-member tools to see top 25 posters, moderators, etc (I see the "today's top posters" thing though)

This is possible with the "Use Advanced Filters" search from the Members tab (You're #8!). If you think these are commonly used, I'll see if I can find a way to add them to the user drop-down menu.

There should be a login link on every page of the forum, if you're not logged in. Or is it that you like the actual form being on the pages instead of a link to the login page?

Yeah, just the little form integrated

I was male, too, after the upgrade. Managed to get that all worked out now, though. ;)

I didn't know about that. I'll report it as a bug.

Looks like there are only eight users correctly marked as female now. It used to be closer to 2,000.

Ed, am I missing it or is the Full Edit option not available anymore? In the past, the topic creator could rename/edit the thread title. That doesn't seem possible anymore. Thanks

Click "Edit" on the first post. Then click "Use Full Editor."

It looks like google is picking up the .com now. It's still picking up the .info, too

I noticed it this morning. Looks like it started yesterday. We're back to 80% of where we should be, even with only 5,000 of 19,000 submitted pages indexed.

I noticed it this morning. Looks like it started yesterday. We're back to 80% of where we should be, even with only 5,000 of 19,000 submitted pages indexed.

Date and Time Thread is busted.

Link is broken. Just saying.

The date glitch is still present - it went from being too senstive (keeping track by minutes since posted) to being ahead (several time zones) and now won't recognize what "Today" is.

The date glitch is still present - it went from being too senstive (keeping track by minutes since posted) to being ahead (several time zones) and now won't recognize what "Today" is.

I don't think it was too sensitive. The "3 minutes ago," "today," and such was deliberate. I set it that way.

Unfortunately, there's a deficiency in the particular version of the server operating system that we're running. It got confused when I asked for a lowercase am/pm, and instead just marked everything with an uppercase P no matter when it was posted. If you're interested in technical details, it's because date parsing is done against strftime() instead of date().

Bottom line: We're stuck with upper case AM/PM instead of the proper am/pm.

I didn't know about that. I'll report it as a bug.

Looks like there are only eight users correctly marked as female now. It used to be closer to 2,000.

I noticed that too. I was thinking "Gee, I could've SWORN crunch was a girl, but maybe I'm wrong..."

Glad I wasn't. :unsure:

Anyone having issues with Google Chrome and HAIF:HD? When I go to the last page of the 2727 Kirby page (link) I get this big, red "Malware Detected!" page telling me the page contains content from "flashandburn.net"... I'm pretty sure this started when the forum was rolled over. Editor, let me know if you need a screen capture.

Anyone having issues with Google Chrome and HAIF:HD? When I go to the last page of the 2727 Kirby page (link) I get this big, red "Malware Detected!" page telling me the page contains content from "flashandburn.net"... I'm pretty sure this started when the forum was rolled over. Editor, let me know if you need a screen capture.

No screen capture is necessary, I have one already from someone else.

It's a flaw in the Chrome browser. It's a false positive. I got a couple of reports about this before we went to the new software, too.

There's not much I can do about it since Google has no mechanism for web site owners to contact it about problems like this. While Chrome is cool and all, the only thing I can recommend is to use a more mature browser like Safari or Firefox. Using Chrome on HAIF also prevents you from using the Facebook Connect and a few other features which don't work with Chrome.

When I am replying using the 'full editor', the Insert link icon seems to be broken. The pop up window it gives is skewed off to the left and I can't seem to paste anything into its entry boxes. I can't even type into them.

Hope you can fix that, or tell me how to make it work, because I use this feature frequently. thanks.

When I am replying using the 'full editor', the Insert link icon seems to be broken. The pop up window it gives is skewed off to the left and I can't seem to paste anything into its entry boxes. I can't even type into them.

Hope you can fix that, or tell me how to make it work, because I use this feature frequently. thanks.

What browser are you using? I don't have the same problem.

Archived