GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

I just got back from downtown. Strolled around HP while I was down there. It is progressing very nicely.

McCormick & Schmick's (at the corner of Fannin & Dallas, IIRC) is very nearly finished on the insde. The tables are even in there already.

Books a Million (at the corner of Main & Polk) is installing shelving and looks very nice.

Forever XXI (at the corner of Main & Dallas) has started interior work.

Guadalarja del Centro will be at the corner of Dallas & San Jacinto

I rode my bike around HP last night, and here's what I saw...

The SHED (House of Blues) looks great on the inside, and it was full of workers getting it ready.

Books-A-Million is already shelving books and has a full staff there.

McCormick and Schmick's looks like it will be open soon too.

The rest of the development still looks a bit unfinished, so my guess is that they're going to be opening in phases. HOB and Books-A-Million will probably be phase one

Edited by totheskies

The rest of the development still looks a bit unfinished, so my guess is that they're going to be opening in phases. HOB and Borders will probably be phase one

You mean Books-A-Million... where is it located in HP?

EDIT: Nevermind, noticed it was mentioned above.

Edited by wernicke

I rode my bike around HP last night, and here's what I saw...

The SHED (House of Blues) looks great on the inside, and it was full of workers getting it ready.

Borders is already shelving books and has a full staff there.

McCormick and Schmick's looks like it will be open soon too.

The rest of the development still looks a bit unfinished, so my guess is that they're going to be opening in phases. HOB and Borders will probably be phase one

You mean "books-a-million".... and M&S's opens in November.

You mean Books-A-Million... where is it located in HP?

EDIT: Nevermind, noticed it was mentioned above.

JINX! :P

While i'm excited about this development, I'm very disappointed in the architecture and the miniscule lighting effects so far. I thought this thing was supposed to be ornamented with video screens?

I'd say give it time! It's October but they haven't even put the signs up yet. I think that the finishing touches will compensate for the yawn architecture of most of the place. At least I hope so. FWIW, I saw wires hanging outside the building at the Main/Polk corner, so there should be some sort of electrical something going up there.

By the way, though the development looks underwhelming in pics or driving by, it still is impressive when walking along all three blocks of it.

Edited by GovernorAggie

Drove by tonight... still no signage.

McCormick and Schmidt's looks finished... Books-A-Million looks nearly finished... there were workers inside Forever 21 doing sheet-rocking at 1030 PM.

It looks good, some places better than others... I hope Books-A-Million has some nice study areas. And it looks like they have a lot of trees to be planted along the streets, which should look nice.

wernicke:

It looks good, some places better than others... I hope Books-A-Million has some nice study areas. And it looks like they have a lot of trees to be planted along the streets, which should look nice.

I saw some palm trees waiting to be planted the other day. I don't know where they're going.