Martha's Vineyard In Houston

editor

How is this different from any other "neoclassical" townhome development appearing inner or outer loop? Pish...

Seems to me that if you were going to imitate island architecture, you'd put it on the coast, not on Upper Kirby.

Interesting location description there..."between Upper Kirby and Southampton." I live a couple of blocks from there and had no idea it was such a classy area - had figured it to just be Montrose. From those great decks they will be able to enjoy views of downtown, the medical center, the galleria, and...the top of the Takara-So apartments next door

Interesting location description there..."between Upper Kirby and Southampton." I live a couple of blocks from there and had no idea it was such a classy area - had figured it to just be Montrose. From those great decks they will be able to enjoy views of downtown, the medical center, the galleria, and...the top of the Takara-So apartments next door

Everything that is wrong with architecture and development in Houston is embodied in that picture. Everything.

It really seems to be missing a porthole window. Maybe one to look out of when the power is out and you're trapped in the elevator between your garage and your master bath.

As the resident Masshole on this board, I'd have to give this project an F.

These homes clearly represent Nantucket rather than Martha's Vineyard.

Interesting location description there..."between Upper Kirby and Southampton."

I suspect Montrose doesn't sound as "upscale" as the developers would like, but I agree, describing the location that way is a much. Perhaps Montrose residents could also tell people they live between River Oaks and Southampton. Think how impressed others would be!

From the article:

Badger says popular architect Jack Preston Wood even traveled to Martha

As the resident Masshole on this board, I'd have to give this project an F.

These homes clearly represent Nantucket rather than Martha's Vineyard.

Is there a Widow's Walk on the top of the house? You know, so the lonely Upper Kirby/Southampton wife can watch for her husband's whaling ship to come in from the gulf?

As somenone who spends a great deal of time in Martha's Vineyard I can tell you this is not a good representation of that community. And not only that, how does a quaint East coast island community with a rich history sell inslde the loop in Houston? I see potential failures.

I'm not a fan, but I've definitely seen worse...at least they saved a couple of the live oaks growing on the property. The scale is a little overwhelming when you drive by, for sure

In other news, they're building these about a block away: link

From Martha's Vineyard to Miami in only a block? Throw in Takara-So (which will still probably be there in 30 years) and you've got quite a hodgepodge

I'm not a fan, but I've definitely seen worse...at least they saved a couple of the live oaks growing on the property. The scale is a little overwhelming when you drive by, for sure

In other news, they're building these about a block away: link

From Martha's Vineyard to Miami in only a block? Throw in Takara-So (which will still probably be there in 30 years) and you've got quite a hodgepodge

Those Miami ones are a riot. "Minutes from West U.!!!"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived