Martha's Vineyard In Houston

editor

I live down the street from these and can only say they are better than what was there before. Yes, I know, faint praise. Plus, the same builder has some like these off of Dunlavy.

Now if we could just get the Hunt Family Trust, owners of Takara-So, to begin criminal background checks on potential renters.

Edited by missmsry

Is there a Widow's Walk on the top of the house? You know, so the lonely Upper Kirby/Southampton wife can watch for her husband's whaling ship to come in from the gulf?

No, more probably so she can watch or wait for him to come home from J.R.'s or South Beach.

• 10 months later...

These beauties are still not finished. Construction slowed, then stopped altogether, and now they are being occupied by some squatters who have quite the view.

I heard that Bank of America owns them now, and that BofA very recently contracted with a builder to maintain the properties until they decide what to do with them (tear them down and start over, I hope). I live near the houses and would like to see them properly locked up--they are quite dangerous in their unfinished state--but don't know who to contact. Does anyone know who in Bank of America has the authority to get these homes locked up properly until construction resumes?

As far as the Urban Living project down the street that was mentioned earlier in this thread, I see that they've sold at least a couple of them . . .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

These beauties are still not finished. Construction slowed, then stopped altogether, and now they are being occupied by some squatters who have quite the view.

I heard that Bank of America owns them now, and that BofA very recently contracted with a builder to maintain the properties until they decide what to do with them (tear them down and start over, I hope). I live near the houses and would like to see them properly locked up--they are quite dangerous in their unfinished state--but don't know who to contact. Does anyone know who in Bank of America has the authority to get these homes locked up properly until construction resumes?

As far as the Urban Living project down the street that was mentioned earlier in this thread, I see that they've sold at least a couple of them . . .

Sheesh...I saw that construction had stalled months and months ago...the common drive is always full of shopping carts now. What's bizarre is that it doesn't look like that much work was left, though I guess the interior could still lack quite a bit. Strange that they've just sat for so long. Wouldn't Bank of America be trying to sell them off at this point?

• The title was changed to Martha's Vineyard In Houston