MD Anderson Mid Campus 1 Building At 7007 Bertner Ave.

I guess that's why I decided to live in the Museum District, walking distance of rail, hermann park, all museums, and a few restaurants. I recommend that every new researcher in our lab move into my hood but they all move into apartment land (south of the med center) and then complain about how much they hate Houston because they can't walk anywhere. I don't blame them for finding their neighborhood boring but I am always surprised that they chose it above more interesting parts of town that are also convenient to the med center.

Money talks.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • The title was changed to MD Anderson Mid Campus 1 Building
  • The title was changed to MD Anderson Mid Campus 1 Building At 7007 Bertner Ave.
  • 3 months later...

I forgot where exactly I read this, but there is a planned sky bridge from 1MC over Brays Bayou into their North Campus.  I just cannot figure where they would place a sky bridge as TECO's power plant is across the bayou.

Didn't we see some TMC3 renderings with the helix park extending over the bayou? Probably unrelated.

Project Name: Brays Bayou Sky Bridge 1MC to North Campus

Estimate Start Date: 7/2024

Total Cost: $30,000,000

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/23/2022 at 10:13 PM, Highrise Tower said:

I forgot where exactly I read this, but there is a planned sky bridge from 1MC over Brays Bayou into their North Campus.  I just cannot figure where they would place a sky bridge as TECO's power plant is across the bayou.

Didn't we see some TMC3 renderings with the helix park extending over the bayou? Probably unrelated.

Project Name: Brays Bayou Sky Bridge 1MC to North Campus

Estimate Start Date: 7/2024

Total Cost: $30,000,000

Will MD Anderson via a bridge, be entering, and leaving TMC3?

There are two TMC3 renderings that show a bridge extending from 1MC (or TMC3) over to the North Campus.

MDACC is also doing a bridge on the opposite side of the Helix Park across OST.

DDOOI0C.png

IkgzaaO.jpg

The other side:

8i9bqgo.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2023 at 1:59 PM, strickn said:

Thanks.  Is there a link available to an article saying this?  I don't see it in this thread yet.

Renovation of three floors totaling approximately 135,000 GSF within Mid Campus One Building (1MC) for the relocation of the School of Health Professions.

https://solutions-selectsite-documents.s3.amazonaws.com/Sourcingevent/1123561-event.pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Date=20230220T230320Z&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Expires=3600&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAJ5HNJE5DFBZ5ONSA%2F20230220%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Signature=c0ba5a21f00873092a511b9e5d0d1ba6f47e6dfeda6b2ff986f271bc7e419495

The relocation of the School of Health Professions is required in order vacate and demolish the Jones Research
Building and Bates-Freeman building. The scope of the project will include relocation of occupants from
existing floors within Mid Campus One Building (1MC) to make room for the School, renovation of
approximately three floors to convert open work environment into classrooms, laboratory space and
administrative space needed to support the School. The size of the space to be renovated is approximately
135,000 GSF. The Construction Manager’s Budget Limitation (“CMBL”) is: Ninety-Four Million Dollars
($ 94,000,000.00)

ApvWMwl.png

MwPLOLd.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 2/20/2023 at 5:07 PM, Highrise Tower said:

Renovation of three floors totaling approximately 135,000 GSF within Mid Campus One Building (1MC) for the relocation of the School of Health Professions.

https://solutions-selectsite-documents.s3.amazonaws.com/Sourcingevent/1123561-event.pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Date=20230220T230320Z&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Expires=3600&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAJ5HNJE5DFBZ5ONSA%2F20230220%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Signature=c0ba5a21f00873092a511b9e5d0d1ba6f47e6dfeda6b2ff986f271bc7e419495

The relocation of the School of Health Professions is required in order vacate and demolish the Jones Research
Building and Bates-Freeman building. The scope of the project will include relocation of occupants from
existing floors within Mid Campus One Building (1MC) to make room for the School, renovation of
approximately three floors to convert open work environment into classrooms, laboratory space and
administrative space needed to support the School. The size of the space to be renovated is approximately
135,000 GSF. The Construction Manager’s Budget Limitation (“CMBL”) is: Ninety-Four Million Dollars
($ 94,000,000.00)

ApvWMwl.png

MwPLOLd.png

TDLR TABS - Project Details (texas.gov)

RzXTkR4.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1