Decision 2008: McCain/Obama

editor

The media have been more than kiind, considering Gov. Palin's refusal to meet with them, her frequent spouting of misinformation, her bizarre personal life. They have made every effort to conceal what can no longer be ignored: She's stupid.

Not naive. Not 'folksy'. She's genuinely dim-witted.

I don't see how whether a candidate meets with the media or not should sway their degree of objectivity. What candidate doesn't spout off misinformation, twist the truth or lie? Bizarre personal life? Bizarre like the thousands of other Christians that agree with her?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see how whether a candidate meets with the media or not should sway their degree of objectivity. What candidate doesn't spout off misinformation, twist the truth or lie? Bizarre personal life? Bizarre like the thousands of other Christians that agree with her?

there are 2.1 billion christians in the world. i'm not defending palin btw. palin-extreme. obama-extreme. mccain-lame. biden-lame. there is no simple choice.

religious people

Bizarre like the thousands of other Christians that agree with her?

Not all Christians share her beliefs. "Christian" is too broad a word to use in this context. You have to define your terms to make them meaningful.

Mao, Hitler, and Stalin were all atheists. That doesn't mean all atheist politicians are power-hungry mass murderers.

SNL last night was good. John McCain (the real one) and Sarah Palin on "QVC" ... the shot of Cindy McCain showing off "McCain fine gold"... was good. I have a new respect for Cindy. The set of 12 town hall debate commemorative plates... all blank. McCain was a good sport about it.

Video can be found here:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/11/02/m...ampaign-on-snl/

Just reported on CNN that Obama's Grandmother passed away.

Here is a link: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail...other_dies.html

Obama's Grandmother Dies

By Shailagh Murray

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A tragic turn of events for Sen. Barack Obama: his ailing grandmother died today.

Here's a statement from Obama and his sister Maya Soetoro-Ng:

"It is with great sadness that we announce that our grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, has died peacefully after a battle with cancer. She was the cornerstone of our family, and a woman of extraordinary accomplishment, strength, and humility. She was the person who encouraged and allowed us to take chances. She was proud of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren and left this world with the knowledge that her impact on all of us was meaningful and enduring. Our debt to her is beyond measure.

:(

Not all Christians share her beliefs. "Christian" is too broad a word to use in this context. You have to define your terms to make them meaningful.

Mao, Hitler, and Stalin were all atheists. That doesn't mean all atheist politicians are power-hungry mass murderers.

True, but that's why I used the word thousands instead of one that represents something bigger.

capt.9b610315a9e84087a98f467ece41f322.obama_2008_ncjh109.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., sheds tears as he talks about his grandmother, Madelyn Payne Dunham, at a rally in Charlotte, N.C., Monday, Nov. 3, 2008. Obama's grandmother, who helped raise him, died peaceably in her sleep Obama announced Monday, one day before the presidential election. She was 86. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

GOP sues over Obama's trip to see grandmother

What incredible timing -- coming out with this on the day that the grandmother in question dies:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_140553.html

On Monday afternoon, the RNC blasted out a complaint from the California Republican Party charging that "Obama for America violated federal law by converting its campaign funds to Senator Obama's personal use" for the trip. That proposed issue for the FEC to investigate is one of five violations alleged by California Republicans in their complaint.

The complaint goes out of its way to stress that it's not condemning the trip, only the Obama campaign's method of paying for it. Stay classy GOP.

Reason number 1 to vote for Obama:

He just called for the elimination of the BCS in college football, to be replaced by an 8 team playoff.

Now, THAT'S something we can ALL get behind! :D

Well damn just vote for me then! I said that 8 years ago. I bet you wish you all voted for me 8 years ago.

• The topic was unlocked

Archived