This Is The Type Of Development Houston Needs!

CVS did what they did in Houston because there isnt much development going on around that site. Really there isnt - they do have a downtown store that has NO parking and is succesfully blended into the urban fabric of Main Street. Give Mid-town 2-6 years and I think we will all notice a change.

Great thing about a strip center as apposed to a mid/high rise is it comes down very easily, and can be replaced "just like that"

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am coming to Houston in about two weeks. So I want be marooned in BCS! :P

^And Gray Have you ever been to Little 5 Points in Atlanta? How does it look? Is it better than Montrose?

As a matter of fact last time I played in ATL was in Little 5 points. It's pretty cool, some nice old homes and some decent culture. The vibe is not like Montrose though, it just doesn't have the same feel or people. It's a little to southern for me.

^ I have noticed that people from Atlanta have more of a Southern Accent than people from Houston.

Little 5 points is more like a small town downtown with cool places.

I wasn't really refering to an accent although it does play a small roll. I was more defining the culture in general imo.

"I would like to see enough to where you can get lost in them."

I don't. If you get lost in them, then it isn't Houston.

maybe we should rename this thread "what citykid wants to see Houston become"

There are row homes about to go up on the Sterret Street Project north of downtown.

hr1255857-1.jpg

Plus there are some getting built on the south end of downtown.

and citykid, you really cannot consider the brownstones in NYC development. That is like puting a picture of a 16th or 17th century church in Europe and saying Houston needs this type of development.