Five Allen Center: Office Tower At 400 Dallas St.

roadrunner

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crap.. This seems like bad news? I wonder if a different firm was chosen..?

Not that I can confirm this at the moment, but I think we can expect several different renderings in the near future. I know of a Houston-based architecture firm working with Brookfield to redesign One Allen Center and the other renderings of the Allen complex on Odell's website aren't consistent with what was described to me. I guess it's very possible that Brookfield is looking for the best design...?

If it is a Houston based firm, then I'll take Kirksey over Morris any day of the week.  Morris is a far cry from what it used to be in the 70s and 80s (when it was CSI or some other iteration and the largest firm in the world at the time).  If its a local office of a firm based out of town, then Gensler is a good guess, as they seem to have their paws into everything these days.

Sounds like the architecture firm for the new One Allen Center facade is Michael Gaertner, the same firm behind the new JW Marriott (806 Main). Kirksey was behind the design for Five Allen Center when it was proposed at 50-Floors, that has changed now.

Thank god. I am sorry but I would rather pick a design over where the architect is from.

• 3 months later...

"If you build it, they will come" houston is in need of class A office space. The companies here are just a little conservative. 6 Houston Center is building on faith. I think it will pay off for them

"If you build it, they will come" houston is in need of class A office space. The companies here are just a little conservative. 6 Houston Center is building on faith. I think it will pay off for them

I agree.  That building should have been built (50-stories tall) when it was announced; looks good to me.  It would have been fully leased by now since many of the buildings that have gone up recently didn't exist (they find tenants because they're getting built).  Anyways, you snooze in good times, and you lose.

It's weird though. Brookfield has just sold off some buildings in houston. What are they doing with all that capital? I had heard they were focusing their efforts on 5 Allen...

Even if they built it now, they'd probably still be ok. Downtown is booming and it's just getting better.

Handsome building. I dig it. Too bad it seems to be a decade away from breaking ground (my guesstimate). Maybe it grows during the next boom? ;)

Central Houston says 2017 delivery date, so breaking ground in, 2014/2015? We shall see but I don't think so.

12976604225_7500f903b1_b.jpg

• 4 months later...

Archived