Amazon Discussion Feature On HAIF

Pumapayam

You should provide something in addition to support your reason.

Instead of "No" use "No, because. . . "

That's being effective, the other way is not constructive, and rather lazy. It does not provide any support for the reason you took a stance on.

You still get a stray response every so often. Nothing is perfect, but for the most part HAIFer are high quality.

Yep. :D :D :D

You still get a stray response every so often. Nothing is perfect, but for the most part HAIFer are high quality.

So what's the problem? You want to eliminate stray responses? It's ludicrous to start lecturing others about their actions when you do the same.

You complain about people's post counts, yet started a thread that documented who has the highest post count. :wacko: You seem to the the only one that cares.

So what's the problem? You want to eliminate stray responses? It's ludicrous to start lecturing others about their actions when you do the same.

You complain about people's post counts, yet started a thread that documented who has the highest post count. :wacko: You seem to the the only one that cares.

Actually I did no start the thread, I merely participated in the existing topic. If the topic is about post counts then so be it. I was on topic. I think you missed the point. :wacko::rolleyes::wacko::P

I think you missed the point. :wacko::rolleyes::wacko::P

If I may be blunt, most of the people responding to this thread do not feel the need to censor others' posts...even short ones...because they do not find them to be a problem on this particular forum. You, on the other hand, have a history of wanting to control the posting of others through various complaints or suggestions. There currently are ways to ignore chronic abusers of the forum, or to ignore those who offend you. The forum is not in need (at this time) of additional forms of censorship, which you might define as "cleaning up".

Certain topics lend themselves to short responses or attempts at humor. Some don't. Post counts are passe these days (except perhaps to you). Again, being blunt, just because you may not like it, doesn't mean it's bad. Frankly, I find the proliferation of "stupid topics" far worse than the posts contained within the thread itself. Imagine what censoring out entire threads based on some arbitrary rule would do to the forum.

Precisely because of its brevity, I would think that one word responses would be considered a small annoyance. Censorship, on the other hand, will kill the forum.

If I may be blunt, most of the people responding to this thread do not feel the need to censor others' posts...even short ones...because they do not find them to be a problem on this particular forum. You, on the other hand, have a history of wanting to control the posting of others through various complaints or suggestions. There currently are ways to ignore chronic abusers of the forum, or to ignore those who offend you. The forum is not in need (at this time) of additional forms of censorship, which you might define as "cleaning up".

Certain topics lend themselves to short responses or attempts at humor. Some don't. Post counts are passe these days (except perhaps to you). Again, being blunt, just because you may not like it, doesn't mean it's bad. Frankly, I find the proliferation of "stupid topics" far worse than the posts contained within the thread itself. Imagine what censoring out entire threads based on some arbitrary rule would do to the forum.

Precisely because of its brevity, I would think that one word responses would be considered a small annoyance. Censorship, on the other hand, will kill the forum.

If anyone sees or posts a response that offensive, it will likely get removed by a moderator. I am not offended by anyone on here because I realize there is a difference between how people act in real life and how people act in forums.

Everything else you have mentioned are relating to topics that are suitable for a topical discussion. I want people to take a stance and debate, I encourage and look forward to those kind of responses.

My initial post is not for censorship, it's to collectively minimize fluff and silly replies that are not relevant. Again, you too missed the point as it is not permanent change, only a alternative option to those that want to use it.

My initial post is not for censorship, it's to collectively minimize fluff and silly replies that are not relevant. Again, you too missed the point as it is not permanent change, only a alternative option to those that want to use it.

If you minimize fluff and silly replies, then I have no reason to post anymore!!!

Do you really want to hurt me?

Boy_George.jpg

One word responses are one thing, but what really doesn't belong on the board is personal attacks or flaming other members. That is what generally leads to censorship or cleaning up.

• The title was changed to Amazon Discussion Feature On HAIF

Archived