Citizen Lounge At 4606 Washington Ave.

BusyGirl

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I had a friend once who was looking for a linen Yanni Top (all loose and flowy) .... "- crunchtastic

I see nothing wrong with Yanni's white linen shirt here ?!? :huh::o:lol:

1807yanni1.jpg

Yeah, but once you reach the mustache, things go rather downhill after that.....

I had a friend once who was looking for a linen Yanni Top (all loose and flowy) and ended getting a super large ladies swimsuit coverup.

Hold on a second. Does this friend of yours drive a red Hyundai and eat at Red Lobster?

Hold on a second. Does this friend of yours drive a red Hyundai and eat at Red Lobster?

I seem to remember this from a Niche thread. That can't be good.

To answer the question, no, and it's time I came clean on Yanni Top.

It was a guy I dated. He was nice enough. Entertaining. Smart and nice looking even. Then I discover he likes magic, and stunts, and David Blaine. OK. I've gone out with d&d guys, guys who went to comicon every year, SCA geeks. I can deal. When he wanted the Yanni Top, I thought, ok, he's going to Mexico, it's a smart clothing option for a pasty italian dude from boston. After he gets back from Mexico, he picks me up to go on a date, in the Yanni shirt/slash size 24 W coverup, to see ....David Copperfield. I'm less than thrilled but relationships are about compromise.

In the car (a raspberry colored chevy cavalier), going full blast, is a Mariah Carey CD.

It was the proverbial last straw. I broke it off the next day.

A couple of years later, I went out three times with an otherwise sentient guy who presented me with tickets to Transiberian Orchestra for our 4th and important 'Christmas Date.' It was over on the phone.

People sometimes surprise you in very undelightful ways.

It was a guy I dated. He was nice enough. Entertaining. Smart and nice looking even. Then I discover he likes magic, and stunts, and David Blaine. OK. I've gone out with d&d guys, guys who went to comicon every year, SCA geeks. I can deal. When he wanted the Yanni Top, I thought, ok, he's going to Mexico, it's a smart clothing option for a pasty italian dude from boston. After he gets back from Mexico, he picks me up to go on a date, in the Yanni shirt/slash size 24 W coverup, to see ....David Copperfield. I'm less than thrilled but relationships are about compromise.

In the car (a raspberry colored chevy cavalier), going full blast, is a Mariah Carey CD.

It was the proverbial last straw. I broke it off the next day.

Yeah! I guess it would be pretty hard to keep a heterosexual relationship going when one of you in the relationship is GAY !?!? Good thing you broke it off, I guess now it makes more sense to you when he would always say, "I can't WAIT to try and get into your panties ?" He meant it literally. ;)

Yeah! I guess it would be pretty hard to keep a heterosexual relationship going when one of you in the relationship is GAY !?!? Good thing you broke it off, I guess now it makes more sense to you when he would always say, "I can't WAIT to try and get into your panties ?" He meant it literally. ;)

Freaks come in all packages. He wasn't gay, he was just wrong.

TJ, really, I'm shocked! Such stereotyping! Clearly you haven't spent enough time around the gaming/role playing/comic book crowd. :D Hetero, yes. Taste, not so much.

Did you ever date any guys that wore those Star Wars white military robot uniforms? :o

Don't act like you don't know what the uniform is called ? Although, you have to be specific to some extent.

Storm Trooper:

StormTrooper1.jpg

Clone Trooper:

Deluxe_Clone_Trooper_ROTS_MiniBust_3.jpg

Scout Trooper:

bike8.jpg

Snow Trooper:

164699351_98a6ee8444.jpg

Sand Trooper:

SandTrooper_007.jpg

Don't act like you don't know what the uniform is called ? Although, you have to be specific to some extent.

Storm Trooper:

StormTrooper1.jpg

Clone Trooper:

Deluxe_Clone_Trooper_ROTS_MiniBust_3.jpg

Scout Trooper:

bike8.jpg

Snow Trooper:

164699351_98a6ee8444.jpg

Sand Trooper:

SandTrooper_007.jpg

You forgot Show Troopers, check out at 3:06 in:

Speaking of Citizen. The Chronicle has a slide show on Citizen and an article about "upscale" lounges.

Citizen slide show: http://www.chron.com/life/photogallery/VIP...ge_lizards.html

The seven "hottest" upscale places: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/main/5840852.html

They need to do an article and slideshow on "downscale" lounges now.

The first 2 words of that article are "Dikembe Mutombo" - I didn't know he was a qualification for a place being upscale or hot. Every time I hear his name I remember Jim Rome telling how he heard from someone in a bar in D.C. who saw Mutombo out, and said that he went to the center of the dance floor, towering above everyone, spread his arms, and yelled "Who wants to sex Mutombo??!!"

I definitely have no direct knowledge of any such thing happening so who knows if it's true, but I can easily picture it and find it amusing.

The first 2 words of that article are "Dikembe Mutombo" - I didn't know he was a qualification for a place being upscale or hot. Every time I hear his name I remember Jim Rome telling how he heard from someone in a bar in D.C. who saw Mutombo out, and said that he went to the center of the dance floor, towering above everyone, spread his arms, and yelled "Who wants to sex Mutombo??!!"

I definitely have no direct knowledge of any such thing happening so who knows if it's true, but I can easily picture it and find it amusing.

Wilt Chamberlain he ain't. That described scene seems like something out of Borat though.

Speaking of Citizen. The Chronicle has a slide show on Citizen and an article about "upscale" lounges.

Citizen slide show: http://www.chron.com/life/photogallery/VIP...ge_lizards.html

The seven "hottest" upscale places: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/main/5840852.html

They need to do an article and slideshow on "downscale" lounges now.

A while back, Houston Press music columnist John Nova Lomax made reference to the "ongoing doucheification of Washington Avenue". Having read the linked Chron article over breakfast this morning, all I can say is that Mr. Lomax is clearly a master of understatement.

I was more amused by the Chron description of the "tiny blonde" as being "as excited as a toddler on Christmas Day." Ummm...yeah. Because they're obviously going to get drunk, go home and...open presents. And muse upon the birth of Jesus Christ.

red star? LOL

The Proletariat! The Proletariat!

But here's my favorite quote from the slide show:

"Think South Beach meets Hollywood glamour when you walk into The Drake."

Riiiight, and with a name like "The Drake" that's *exactly* what I think of when I drive up.

• The title was changed to Happy Hour At Citizen
  • The title was changed to Citizen Lounge At 4606 Washington Ave.

Archived