Museum Point Medical Office Building At 1401 Binz St.

• 4 months later...

I spoke with the developer this morning. Business seems solid, and although a lot of the details are still very much up in the air, he's hoping for groundbreaking in about six to eight months. I didn't get the sense that the tower would be quite as tall as it had initially been proposed, though.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So does anybody know if this is actually going to happen? I am considering moving into that neighborhood and just wondering what itmight be like in 3-5 years if I end up staying...

An urban style starbucks sounds good to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed the developer, he says it's on track for this year, but that's about it. The email address on the webpage (www.binzmedcorp.com) was an @msn.com address, not too professional for something of this scale.

By the way, could we merge the threads?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

So the Children's Museum office building on Binz and Jackson is now complete, and I've noticed that they've started construction on the adjacent lot at Binz and Crawford. I think they razed an old house there (I could be wrong though, whatever was there was apparently unmemorable).

Any idea what's up?

So the Children's Museum office building on Binz and Jackson is now complete, and I've noticed that they've started construction on the adjacent lot at Binz and Crawford. I think they razed an old house there (I could be wrong though, whatever was there was apparently unmemorable).

Any idea what's up?

I think the adjacent lot was formerly the CMH offices; now that they have the new office building, my guess would be that they are going to use the old lot for some other purpose--education, auditorium, offices, I don't know. But I am guessing that it still belongs to the Children's Museum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I just noticed that they cut down all of the trees on the site last week. It used to be a jungle on that lot. Any idea what's going on? My guess was that this project was dead a long time ago, and the current financial situation makes it even less likely that anything is happening, but I'm wondering why they clear cut the lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a close friend of the new owners of this property and they tell me they cleared the lot because of letters they received from the HPD Neighborhood Protection to clean up the property. No one was sure why HPD would care, but my friends were threatened with a fine.

I am a close friend of the new owners of this property and they tell me they cleared the lot because of letters they received from the HPD Neighborhood Protection to clean up the property. No one was sure why HPD would care, but my friends were threatened with a fine.

Thanks for the info, Dalai... now, the next question has to be, what are your friends going to do with the property, and when? Inquiring HAIFers want to know!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

they are the only ones that can go on the property.

• 3 years later...

Is this the same location?

A three-story office and retail development has broken ground near the Museum District and the Texas Medical Center.

The 25,000-square-foot structure is being built across from the Children's Museum at 1401 Binz.

http://www.chron.com/business/sarnoff/article/Sarnoff-Ministry-makes-Midtown-move-3706540.php

proj561.jpg

http://www.baileyarchitects.com/projects.asp?indid=7&projid=116