Shops At Cinco Ranch West At 5215 FM 1463

ckjkak

Does anyone know what is going up here? The signs for The Shoppes at Cinco Ranch have been up forever. I heard from a pretty good source that a Kroger's is suppose to go up there but you never know!

Does anyone know what is going up here? The signs for The Shoppes at Cinco Ranch have been up forever. I heard from a pretty good source that a Kroger's is suppose to go up there but you never know!

wow - I just thought about this development today and decided to look around on the internet and see if there was any info yet.

• 2 months later...
Thor Equities has finally released more info and a lease plan for this project. :o I can see a Lowe's but I am unable to enlarge the plan. (something's wrong with my computer).

Check it out: http://thorequities.com/property.aspx?id=133

Looks much larger than I thought it would be...

WTF IT HAS A DOLLAR TREE???!!!??!

http://www.tenant-search.net/dealmakers/20...ber/Dec7/nc.asp (you will need to scroll down)

Hopefully this is incorrect or a typo... <_<

LA Fitness is welcome, though. :D

Other tenants include Walgreens, Pizza Hut, Chase Bank, blah blah blah. Hopefully they will spice things up.

Thanks for finding all the links guys... it's going to be interesting to see who else will lease here. I also agree about the Dollar Tree... blah!

I sent an e-mail to the guy leasing this place, and he told me that he has not signed any leases yet. So the Dollar Tree, Lowe's, Stein Mart, etc. may very well not be going in here. He assured me that, "we will have a tenant mix that compliments the demographics in Cinco Ranch".

Thor Equities has finally released more info and a lease plan for this project. :o I can see a Lowe's but I am unable to enlarge the plan. (something's wrong with my computer).

Check it out: http://thorequities.com/property.aspx?id=133

Looks much larger than I thought it would be...

Looks typical, and honestly craptastic. Nothing to be excited about, move along people, back to the Mix in Midtown.

r9kftv.jpg

BTW, the photo of the woman crossing the parking with the caption below it, "Old west, New frontier" is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

kdplyr.jpg

Nasty land grab of development. Houston has dozens of these. Enjoy your Walmart. . . <_<

Looks typical, and honestly craptastic. Nothing to be excited about, move along people, but to the Mix in Midtown.

BTW, the photo of the woman crossing the parking with the caption below it, "old west, new frontier" is ridiculous.

Nasty land grab of development. Houston has dozens of these. Enjoy your Walmart. . . <_<

How optimistic. I just thought having some more restaurants and shops close to home would be convenient...geez. Hooray for the Mix at Midtown. I doubt I'll ever go there so why would I move on to it?

How optimistic. I just thought having some more restaurants and shops close to home would be convenient...geez. Hooray for the Mix at Midtown. I doubt I'll ever go there so why would I move on to it?

Totally agree... why do people go on here just to complain about developments that they do not own and cannot do anything about? And why would I drive 30 miles to Midtown instead of driving a couple of miles to a "craptastic" center?

Totally agree... why do people go on here just to complain about developments that they do not own and cannot do anything about? And why would I drive 30 miles to Midtown instead of driving a couple of miles to a "craptastic" center?

It's just my opinion. It's just a cheap land grab. It's an ugly shopping center.

You know it may not look as bad as you think, it may end up looking nice.

Yep, it will probably look "nice" and clean, but I doubt it will look different or provide any character or superior function that might contribute to the overall area. Drive around Katy / Cinco and see how many partially vacant strip centers there are. Drive down Mason Rd. and check out the "Jump" zone place (I forget the actual name). Now, I'm all for entrepreneurship and I'm sure kids really love this place, but man, that place looks like it took all of $7,500 bucks to build. It's plain cheap and an eyesore. If God forbid they go under, I can see that thing becoming a house of rats in an otherwise decent neighborhood. Will Cinco become the new Alief, Texas - West? I know the dollar drives everything, so building something as cheap as you can seems to win the day. I just wish that there was a bit more ART to this SCIENCE - Retail, business and neighborhood development.

Regarding Dollar Tree - if it ends up being a tenenat, it will be indicative of the new demographic and thus responsive to that market. I doubt they would sign a lease without performing their due diligence.

Yep, it will probably look "nice" and clean, but I doubt it will look different or provide any character or superior function that might contribute to the overall area. Drive around Katy / Cinco and see how many partially vacant strip centers there are. Drive down Mason Rd. and check out the "Jump" zone place (I forget the actual name). Now, I'm all for entrepreneurship and I'm sure kids really love this place, but man, that place looks like it took all of $7,500 bucks to build. It's plain cheap and an eyesore. If God forbid they go under, I can see that thing becoming a house of rats in an otherwise decent neighborhood. Will Cinco become the new Alief, Texas - West? I know the dollar drives everything, so building something as cheap as you can seems to win the day. I just wish that there was a bit more ART to this SCIENCE - Retail, business and neighborhood development.

Regarding Dollar Tree - if it ends up being a tenenat, it will be indicative of the new demographic and thus responsive to that market. I doubt they would sign a lease without performing their due diligence.

If dollar tree is going to be a tenant will a "SMOKE" shop or "24hr Newstand" be next or in the same shopping center. I've noticed that these 2 store usually are in the same area.

You know it may not look as bad as you think, it may end up looking nice.

From the developers summary of the project:

"the greater Cinco Ranch area boasts 8,450 master-planned acres defined by an affluent population, top-notch amenities, quality education and a dynamic business sector."

Affluent+top notch+quality = Dollar Tree+Stein Mart

I think that there's something wrong with my math...

What's with the hatin' on Dollar Tree? I'm affluent, and not only do I occasionally shop there, ( the location just outside of River Oaks, next door to Cafe Express), it's frequented by other shoppers who look to be wayyy more affluent than me. I was there earlier today, oddly enough, checking out behind one of those RO 'ladies who lunch' types, who was buying an entire cart full of votive candles, tin foil, and paper napkins. All types of people find value at the dollar stores.

As for Stein Mart, judging by the way my sister-in-law and all her SAHM friends in Katy dress, they'll be rushing the doors as soon it opens. ^_^

Edit: I have the solution re: perceptions of Dollar Tree. Change the name to Dollar Shoppe and make sure the facade is faux limestone. Add a mister by the front door. It will seem so luxe!

What's with the hatin' on Dollar Tree? I'm affluent, and not only do I occasionally shop there, ( the location just outside of River Oaks, next door to Cafe Express), it's frequented by other shoppers who look to be wayyy more affluent than me. I was there earlier today, oddly enough, checking out behind one of those RO 'ladies who lunch' types, who was buying an entire cart full of votive candles, tin foil, and paper napkins. All types of people find value at the dollar stores.

As for Stein Mart, judging by the way my sister-in-law and all her SAHM friends in Katy dress, they'll be rushing the doors as soon it opens. ^_^

True, but making sarcastic comments is a lot more fun than admitting that we'll all shop there once it opens.

Edit: I have the solution re: perceptions of Dollar Tree. Change the name to Dollar Shoppe and make sure the facade is faux limestone. Add a mister by the front door. It will seem so luxe!

How about "Euro Tree"?

Oh, and I didn't realize you were affluent. Yes, you can come swim in my pool.

True, but making sarcastic comments is a lot more fun than admitting that we'll all shop there once it opens.

ain't that the truth!

Oh, and I didn't realize you were affluent. Yes, you can come swim in my pool.

uh-huh, that's what I thought, you elitist, you.

I may be affluent, but I'll still leave an icky film of sunscreen in your pool water.

I just dug up some more info...

I will upload the working lease plan later...

So far, looks like we have Lowe's, Dollar Tree, Walgreens, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Staples, Petco, Kroger, Circuit City (yay), Academy ( :D ), Bank of America, Chase (I think), gas station, and quite a bit of Office space. Not bad.

He said it is probably going to change (its already changed a bit, no more Stein Mart or Pizza Hut), but I hope the Circuit City, Academy, and Kroger stay.

There is a bunch of inline retail, guessing around 30 little spots left.

I just dug up some more info...

I will upload the working lease plan later...

So far, looks like we have Lowe's, Dollar Tree, Walgreens, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Staples, Petco, Kroger, Circuit City (yay), Academy ( :D ), Bank of America, Chase (I think), gas station, and quite a bit of Office space. Not bad.

He said it is probably going to change (its already changed a bit, no more Stein Mart or Pizza Hut), but I hope the Circuit City, Academy, and Kroger stay.

There is a bunch of inline retail, guessing around 30 little spots left.

ANOTHER Bed bath and Beyond, Isn't there one going in at Grand Lakes, and Krogers... I was hoping it would be one of those Central Market stores by HEB, it would do great in that area. <_<

ANOTHER Bed bath and Beyond, Isn't there one going in at Grand Lakes, and Krogers... I was hoping it would be one of those Central Market stores by HEB, it would do great in that area. <_<

A Whole Foods would do great also! And if the Bed Bath and Beyond is going in at grand lakes, I'm sure it won't go in here. That's a little too close. I guess you never know. I really don't know why they don't put a Whole Foods here...

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and Gentleman, I hope a northerner is welcomed here :) We are not all bad like Sitt.

Before you get your hopes up and look at his renderings for hidden meaning of what he will do, may I suggest you get to know how he operates. Do a search on Albee Square Mall and Thor Equties. Read his promises of what he wants to do there. Read how he fooled the city into measures thinking it would help Sitt follow through on his promises. See how Sitt sold the property for profit, negating any promises he made.

Read about the quagmire he is causing here in Coney Island. Come and read all the posts about this man on our neighborhood bulletin board www.coneyisland.com

Bruce

Before my friends in the East San Antonio suburb of 5 Ranches start begging for Whole Foods or Central Market start looking into what demographics and traffic patterns both of those require. You'll note that the South Dallas master planned community of the Woodlands doesn't even have either of these stores. So why would they build either in East San Antonio first. The closest to Central Market you can hope for is HEB Plus with the unfinished garden center. FYI, that store is a performance disappointment even though HEB will never admit it, they just adjust merchandise until they hit the correct demographic mix.

Another Kroger and another BB&B? Damn, how many of those do you folks want out there? And another Walgreen's. Yes the 1960's are returning but instead of gas stations it will be Walgreen's and CVS on every corner at every major intersection.

If gas prices and foreclosures keep up with current trends you better watch out for Foodarama and Food Town. Those are more affordable and in line with coming demographics for your area.

And just so you know......in case moving so far from reality has made you loose humor.....read the post with a bit of whit and tongue in cheekness.

Before my friends in the East San Antonio suburb of 5 Ranches start begging for Whole Foods or Central Market start looking into what demographics and traffic patterns both of those require. You'll note that the South Dallas master planned community of the Woodlands doesn't even have either of these stores. So why would they build either in East San Antonio first. The closest to Central Market you can hope for is HEB Plus with the unfinished garden center. FYI, that store is a performance disappointment even though HEB will never admit it, they just adjust merchandise until they hit the correct demographic mix.

Another Kroger and another BB&B? Damn, how many of those do you folks want out there? And another Walgreen's. Yes the 1960's are returning but instead of gas stations it will be Walgreen's and CVS on every corner at every major intersection.

If gas prices and foreclosures keep up with current trends you better watch out for Foodarama and Food Town. Those are more affordable and in line with coming demographics for your area.

And just so you know......in case moving so far from reality has made you loose humor.....read the post with a bit of whit and tongue in cheekness.

You must be out of your mind. Have you nothing else to do but to criticize our "Ideas". Foreclosures, you make it sound like people are losing their houses left and right...Last time I checked I was not in California ( By the way, there are only 7 foreclosures in the entire zip code of 77494, out of the THOUSANDS of homes that are perfectly fine). SOUTH DALLAS MASTER PLANNED COMMUNITY of "The Woodlands....Uh....The last time I checked, it was in NORTH HOUSTON. NOT DALLAS. :lol: FoodTown, Million Dollar Homes...Im not seeing it....... HEB on Grand Parkway, a disappointment... IT HAS THE HIGHEST SALES OFF ALL HEB'S in HOUSTON! I'm not sure I would call that a dissapointment. ;)

Archived