Shops At Cinco Ranch West At 5215 FM 1463

ckjkak

Before my friends in the East San Antonio suburb of 5 Ranches start begging for Whole Foods or Central Market start looking into what demographics and traffic patterns both of those require. You'll note that the South Dallas master planned community of the Woodlands doesn't even have either of these stores.

:lol:

My family were early 1970s settlers of the unincorporated parts near Katy. When friends or family were coming from the east, or the city, my dad always said 'drive toward San Antonio and take a left before you get there'

South Dallas. Now that's good!

Before my friends in the East San Antonio suburb of 5 Ranches start begging for Whole Foods or Central Market start looking into what demographics and traffic patterns both of those require. You'll note that the South Dallas master planned community of the Woodlands doesn't even have either of these stores. So why would they build either in East San Antonio first. The closest to Central Market you can hope for is HEB Plus with the unfinished garden center. FYI, that store is a performance disappointment even though HEB will never admit it, they just adjust merchandise until they hit the correct demographic mix.

Another Kroger and another BB&B? Damn, how many of those do you folks want out there? And another Walgreen's. Yes the 1960's are returning but instead of gas stations it will be Walgreen's and CVS on every corner at every major intersection.

If gas prices and foreclosures keep up with current trends you better watch out for Foodarama and Food Town. Those are more affordable and in line with coming demographics for your area.

And just so you know......in case moving so far from reality has made you loose humor.....read the post with a bit of whit and tongue in cheekness.

From your Tongue in cheek" comments I assertain that you have an issue with sprawl but you seem surprised that we want more retail and grocery stores. You see as some see it, the more they build quality retail and grocery stores closer to home the further we have to drive, thus reducing gas dependance and Shocking! encouraging walkability and sense of community. Also, someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe that there was a smaller specialty grocery planned for phase II of La Centerra, possibly Whole Foods.

Yep, it will probably look "nice" and clean, but I doubt it will look different or provide any character or superior function that might contribute to the overall area. Drive around Katy / Cinco and see how many partially vacant strip centers there are. Drive down Mason Rd. and check out the "Jump" zone place (I forget the actual name). Now, I'm all for entrepreneurship and I'm sure kids really love this place, but man, that place looks like it took all of $7,500 bucks to build. It's plain cheap and an eyesore. If God forbid they go under, I can see that thing becoming a house of rats in an otherwise decent neighborhood. Will Cinco become the new Alief, Texas - West? I know the dollar drives everything, so building something as cheap as you can seems to win the day. I just wish that there was a bit more ART to this SCIENCE - Retail, business and neighborhood development.

Regarding Dollar Tree - if it ends up being a tenenat, it will be indicative of the new demographic and thus responsive to that market. I doubt they would sign a lease without performing their due diligence.

are you talking about jumpin joyes! i love that place ^_^:P

Drive down Mason Rd. and check out the "Jump" zone place (I forget the actual name). Now, I'm all for entrepreneurship and I'm sure kids really love this place, but man, that place looks like it took all of $7,500 bucks to build. It's plain cheap and an eyesore. If God forbid they go under, I can see that thing becoming a house of rats in an otherwise decent neighborhood.

At the time that center was built, it was state of the art and Cinco Ranch wasn't even so much as a dream yet. Mason Rd. hadn't even gone past Chesterfield at that point. The place sat empty several years after Randalls vacated it and it was very well maintained. The center has had good long term tenants in it ever since. Dostals, Jump Zone, Big Lots, Cafe East, the postage place, and the veterinarian have all been in their for years. Dostals and the postal place were there when Randalls was still in there.

For a Class B center, that place is a goldmine for it's owners. New tenants, just like high school kids these days, want everything just given to them specifically tenant buildout allowance and free rent. From a financial standpoint, they have no real incentive to give it an overhaul. From a tenant standpoint, it's locations like these that give small businesses a fighting chance to start AND STAY in business. The rents and NNN in those locations are at least half of what it would cost them in Cinco Ranch, and quite often the traffic they get there is twice as good as what they'd get in Cinco.

And as far as adding art to business, that all comes at a cost. La Centerra is struggling to lease it's office space. At last check they were still only around 35% leased. And Phase II has been pushed I don't know how many times. Just because you see those tenants showing up on their site plans, doesn't mean there's an actual lease in place - only that they're having significant talks with them.

At the time that center was built, it was state of the art and Cinco Ranch wasn't even so much as a dream yet. Mason Rd. hadn't even gone past Chesterfield at that point. The place sat empty several years after Randalls vacated it and it was very well maintained. The center has had good long term tenants in it ever since. Dostals, Jump Zone, Big Lots, Cafe East, the postage place, and the veterinarian have all been in their for years. Dostals and the postal place were there when Randalls was still in there.

For a Class B center, that place is a goldmine for it's owners. New tenants, just like high school kids these days, want everything just given to them specifically tenant buildout allowance and free rent. From a financial standpoint, they have no real incentive to give it an overhaul. From a tenant standpoint, it's locations like these that give small businesses a fighting chance to start AND STAY in business. The rents and NNN in those locations are at least half of what it would cost them in Cinco Ranch, and quite often the traffic they get there is twice as good as what they'd get in Cinco.

And as far as adding art to business, that all comes at a cost. La Centerra is struggling to lease it's office space. At last check they were still only around 35% leased. And Phase II has been pushed I don't know how many times. Just because you see those tenants showing up on their site plans, doesn't mean there's an actual lease in place - only that they're having significant talks with them.

Not the same place I was referring to in my original post. The place I was thinking of is called Inflatable Zone. Hope no one takes offense. I realize you make do with what is affordable when you are a new start up and hope to make a go of it. My kids have been to the place a few times and really do enjoy it. So we enjoy the product if not the packaging :D . I'm sure there are good people behind those vanilla pudding walls. <_<

La Centerra's last press release had their office space at 51% leased, but your overall point is well taken.

Press releases are marketing tools. They say 51% but really and trully it is most likely the 35% that is signed....

Press releases are marketing tools. They say 51% but really and trully it is most likely the 35% that is signed....

All depends on the source my brother. When we quote occupancy rates for our listings, we only quote actual signed leases. If I quote 'leases-in-progress' we'd always be at 100%, but the truth of the matter is, only a small portion of LOI's turn into actual tenants.

You got that right, lol...LOI's are only as good as the paper they are written on. It's been my experience that speaking with the broker one on one turns up better information....that's why I make it a practice to call and speak with them...to only find out the press release was inflated to some degree...heck, take a look at the La Centera site plan that was released a few months ago...all these great tenants coming in phase II...nothing has happened with that...

You got that right, lol...LOI's are only as good as the paper they are written on. It's been my experience that speaking with the broker one on one turns up better information....that's why I make it a practice to call and speak with them...to only find out the press release was inflated to some degree...heck, take a look at the La Centera site plan that was released a few months ago...all these great tenants coming in phase II...nothing has happened with that...

I just spoke with the leasing agent for the office space in La Centerra yesterday. She said Phase II had been pushed back AGAIN (that's how she said it), and that they were looking at scrapping Phase III altogether. The rents they're asking are just astronomical.

I just spoke with the leasing agent for the office space in La Centerra yesterday. She said Phase II had been pushed back AGAIN (that's how she said it), and that they were looking at scrapping Phase III altogether. The rents they're asking are just astronomical.

Phase 3? Where would that be? That's too bad... :(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to The Shoppes At Cinco Ranch Developments
  • The title was changed to Shops At Cinco Ranch West At 5215 FM 1463

Archived