The Roger Clemens Implosion

RedScare

The New York Daily News broke the story that Roger Clemens (that's 7 time Cy Young winner to you) had an affair for 10 years with Mindy McCready, a country music singer. He met her at a karaoke bar when she was 15. McCready has confirmed the affair, though Rusty Hardin insists that Roger is a "family man".

Oh, Roger. 15 year olds? Come on, now. We could handle the juicing, but 15 year olds?

I gave this its own thread, since the Mitchell Report only dealt with steroids, not statutory rape allegations.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People need to give up their delusions of athletes being role models for everyone. Some are, most aren't. Given that much money and no real responsibility past staying in shape and showing up, it's not hard to live a wild life. 15 year olds is just wrong, reminds me of Mick Jagger stories I've heard.

The New York Daily News broke the story that Roger Clemens (that's 7 time Cy Young winner to you) had an affair for 10 years with Mindy McCready, a country music singer. He met her at a karaoke bar when she was 15. McCready has confirmed the affair, though Rusty Hardin insists that Roger is a "family man".

Oh, Roger. 15 year olds? Come on, now. We could handle the juicing, but 15 year olds?

I gave this its own thread, since the Mitchell Report only dealt with steroids, not statutory rape allegations.

So if she was 15, how old was he at the time?

You know what those baseball players say though. "If there is grass on the field........PLAYBALL !!!"

yeah, rules of culture :mellow:

I now understand WHY Michelle Obama is finally "PROUD" to be an American for the first time in her adult life. If I sat in a church listening to a Pastor that preached nothing but HATE for America and the whiteman for the past 20 years I had been a member there, I might have some misguided views of MY adult life also. -- TJones

lol, that's great.

I haven't heard anything about it being sexual when she was 15, but she has confirmed that it was sexual somewhere along the way and that means he was unfaithful to his wife. The guy is being revealed more and more everyday as a big sleazebag... just like peeling an onion.

I haven't heard anything about it being sexual when she was 15, but she has confirmed that it was sexual somewhere along the way and that means he was unfaithful to his wife. The guy is being revealed more and more everyday as a big sleazebag... just like peeling an onion.

WHOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAA !!! Hold on Cotton, surely you know that "Cheating" on your wife is acceptable behavior, but ONLY if you are President.

I haven't found a story that says where the young lady admitted it got sexual at anytime. Can someone provide a link? Wait, I see it, she said she can't "refute" anything in the NY Daily story.

Man, I wish I had the cake to put up a billboard right behind the one on 45 South (financed by Paul Wall and Friends <_< ) that says

"Houston Supports Roger Clemens."

Red was it you who suggested "No We Don't" ?

lol...I saw that the other day. The No We Don't would be awesome. What if we all raised money and signed it as HAIF? I bet that'd get pretty good exposure for the site.

lol...I saw that the other day. The No We Don't would be awesome. What if we all raised money and signed it as HAIF? I bet that'd get pretty good exposure for the site.

I don't think we want to start a "GangWar" with Paul Wall, TV Johnny, and their CREW. I already have an agreement with them that I don't go to Sharpstown Mall to laugh at their "GRILLS" and they don't come online to HAIF !

The only problem I am really having with this whole Roger Clemens/ Mindy McCready business is that she REALLY stands to profit from this. She is trying to RE-launch her career, so this whole story seems suspect to me, the timing just seems a little too convenient for her.

I don't think we want to start a "GangWar" with Paul Wall, TV Johnny, and their CREW. I already have an agreement with them that I don't go to Sharpstown Mall to laugh at their "GRILLS" and they don't come online to HAIF !
Hell........I am on right now !!!

lol, you're on fire today

The only problem I am really having with this whole Roger Clemens/ Mindy McCready business is that she REALLY stands to profit from this. She is trying to RE-launch her career, so this whole story seems suspect to me, the timing just seems a little too convenient for her.

Given the size of Roger's ego, you'd think he'd do better than a C-list country singer. Perhaps she was willing to overlook the, uh, shortcomings that go along with steriod use.

Given the size of Roger's ego, you'd think he'd do better than a C-list country singer. Perhaps she was willing to overlook the, uh, shortcomings that go along with steriod use.

OUCH ! But of course he is gonna go C-lister ! No poparazzi around, so NO EVIDENCE !

This just never fails to amaze me, curious if he'll be ranting on TV about how he needs to be given the benifit of the doubt on this one?

Hey how've you been TJ, have seen you for a while?

I been around. I am in a SERIOUS funk though. I think my engine just pooched in the Cutlass ! Oil was apparently leaking this morning on the way to work, like a sive, and I didn't catch it until it was too late. Something snapped or bent in the bottom end. i didn't completely throw a rod, but it ain't good !!! :(:angry2::(

Well, I was giving Clemens the benefit of the doubt up until she didn't deny any of the reports, and unless him and his wife are swingers; he's probably rooming at a hotel sometime this week.

This just never fails to amaze me, curious if he'll be ranting on TV about how he needs to be given the benefit of the doubt on this one?

Hey how've you been TJ, have seen you for a while?

Sorry to hear about the engine, dude. I've been there before, fortunately I caught it before it blew.

this should cheer you up:

yeah, rules of culture :mellow:

lol, that's great.

Lockmat and TJones....Pretty ridiculous, but It's good to hear Obama's Pastor tell the truth and it's funny to hear the whiteman (not all whitemen, but most of our culture) go into denial. How was Pastor Wright preaching hate, when he was simply telling the truth? The truth hurts..Just ask the Native Americans, funny how we don't hear about that and yet we celebrate Columbus Day and Abe Lincoln had slaves...what does that say? I hope that Mr. Wright continues to tell the truth for all of the non-whites out there...preach on!

Age of consent, in Texas, as I write this is 17. They met when she was 15, he was 28. We are supposed to believe Rusty Hardin/Clemens/McCready that nothing inappropriate happened. Maybe nothing "inappropriate" (I'm sure they liked whatever they were doing)... but perhaps, technically, illegal. We are to believe that that - for two years - it was hands off? I don't know about other men... but... when I meet someone (of LEGAL age of course)... or get involved with someone (of legal age)... there is no waiting period. 30 days or less. Beyond that, you're wasting our time. I say this with some bit of hyperbole, of course. But you get the idea.

Archived