houstonmacbro

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In no particular order:

Once upon a Crime: "Don't shoot! I'm an actor!"

A Knight's Tale

The Quiet Man: "Sir!... Sir!... Here's a good stick, to beat the lovely lady.", "Have the good manners not to hit the man until he's your husband and entitled to hit you back. "

My Fair Lady: "The difference between a lady and a flower girl is not how she behaves, but how she is treated. "

El Dorado: "I'm lookin' at a tin star with a... drunk pinned on it. "

There's a couple of others, but only those come to mind.

Too many to mention but ALL Rodney Dangerfield films are

as he would put it..." A riot "

7108.jpg516A7TK9ENL._AA280_.jpgand yep! Chris Elliott was insane dude especially in my all time fav show - Get a Life! make my ribs hurt!

Edited by Vertigo58

Chris Elliott was insane dude especially in my all time fav show - Get a Life! make my ribs hurt!

Wow, another "Get A Life" fan. I don't think there are many of us. They released a few episodes on DVD a couple years back. I picked up a copy and bring it out to watch once in a while.

The Jerk. "I was born a poor black child."

Young Frankenstien. " Hump? What hump?"

Valley Girl. "Like.. oh my god."

Blazing Saddles. " I think you boys have had enough beans"

Arthur. " Doncha just hate Perrys wife."

Naked Gun. "Nice beaver"

Wow, another "Get A Life" fan. I don't think there are many of us. They released a few episodes on DVD a couple years back. I picked up a copy and bring it out to watch once in a while.

I MUST buy those DVD's! I used to practically knock down furniture running to the TV when it would start!

Every single episode is so insane its "dizzying". The premise was so simple but mad, mad, mad! The theme song was "Stand" by R.E.M.

1. Ground Hog Day was particularly insane too.

2. Almost every Mel Brooks film was a gut buster too.

3. Some of Jerry Lewis' films in the 60's - Who's Minding the Store?, The Dis-ordery Orderly

4. All Laurel and Hardy films

5. All Marx Brothers Films

6. Three Stooges too!

marx-brothers-01.jpgLaurel_20and_20Hardy_small.jpg3stooges.jpg

you can count me as another "get a life" fan.

corny movies

the jerk

murder by death

blazing saddles

caddy shack

fletch

wet hot american summer

just thought of a few more fave corny movies

dawn of the dead ('78 original)

the toxic avenger

up in smoke

the warriors

assault on precinct 13 ('76 original)

this is spinal tap

AIRPLANE FTW!!!!!!

I love so much about that movie. Here's just a few.

The 747 crashing into the terminal building at the beginning, Jimmie "J.J." Walker trying to close the hood on the 707 after checking the dipstick, the conductor at the gate "ALL ABOARD!"

The Red Zone/White Zone recordings arguing with each other: (Don't start with your white zone $hit again Betty!"

A jive talking June Cleaver: Just hang loose blood, she gonna catch up on the rebound on the medicide. Cut me some slack jack! Chump don't want the help, chump don't get the help. Jive @$$ dude don't got no brains anyhow!

Ted Striker: This is an entirely different kind of flying altogether.

Flight Attendant and Doctor: This is an entirely different kind of flying.

Ted Striker: Surely you jest?

Leslie Nielson's character: Stop calling me Shirley!

"Roadhouse" is inspired.

We seem to lack a common definition of "corny".

heh... it has Sam Elliot, is the main thing. You're right about definitions. I know who isn't corny: George Romero. Or Spinal Tap. I'll try again:

Anything with Jason Statham. Informercials, straight to video, don't care. Jason!

And Weird Science.

I am not sure what corny is to everyone else but just about anything with Leslie Nielson definitely qualifies. It could also be anything whacky, hilariously funny, off-beat, entirely impossible, and even downright cheesy and lame.

Like ... THE FIFTH ELEMENT is a good example of just about all of those, and actually one of my favorite movies largely based on the outlandish (but corny) performance of Chris Tucker.